SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump has decided to retain controversial FBI Director James Comey,

It makes sense its fast, simple and he can always be replaced as well as it keeps the FBI running and may ease tensions between them and the white house if reports are to be believed (they probably are not).

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Not to mire this thread into the above subject, but this is YUUGE. Trump will make or break it with his decision on this for those of us in the aviation industry.

All you need to really know on this is that Soros has his hands in Norwegian.

As someone who also works in the transportation industry (as well as someone who also flies often) I'll also be watching this closely. I sure hope Trump strikes this down.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Trump retains FBI Director James Comey

Exactly.

I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
Hmmmm...I didn't see that coming.

I definitely saw it as a possibility, but was at the most hopeful it would happen. There is more upside than downside I believe.

On the downside it does give Dims the opportunity to incorrectly say he is being kept as reward for 'sabotaging' the election.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you give Democrats enough time, they will eat their own.

And when finished, indulge in self-cannibalism.

Just give it some time.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The DEMs will try to fanatically obstruct Trump at every turn. They know that Trump's policies may rapidly show significant benefits to large portions of the U.S. population.

Groups that have been long time traditional DEM voters may find that Trump will give them opportunities and a better life than anything they ever saw under the DEMs.

It is amazing that the party that claims to champion diversity and inclusiveness, has actually dangerously divided our country and based their platform on gross distortions & lies.

editing to add:

just saw this to emphasize above statements

https://news.grabien.com/story...acially-charged-foru

Candidates for chair of Democratic National Committee met Monday night to discuss what went wrong in 2016 and how to get the party back on track.

Democrats must provide “training” that focuses in part on teaching Americans “how to be sensitive and how to shut their mouths if they are white,” urged the executive director of Idaho’s Democratic Party, Sally Boynton Brown, who is white.

The event’s moderator, MSNBC’s Joy Ann Reid, asked the candidates how the party should handle the Black Lives Now movement.

The candidates uniformly emphasized that the party must embrace the activists unreservedly.
“It makes me sad that we’re even having that conversation and that tells me that white leaders in our party have failed,” Brown said.

“I’m a white woman, I don’t get it. … My job is to listen and be a voice and shut other white people down when they want to interrupt.”
“This is life and death” she emphasized. “I am a human being trying to do good work and I can’t do it without y’all. So please, please, please, get ahold of me. Sally at we-the-dnc.org. I need schooling so I can go school the other white people.”

Another candidate said black Americans are now living with “justified fear” of being killed after Donald Trump was elected president.

Asked whether they would agree to work with President Trump, the candidates agreed they would never do so, which drew some applause from the otherwise quiet crowd at George Washington University.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I actually think that the dems will pick a further left dnc chair, which is demonstrated by their lack of coherence and/or self awareness; rather than figure out what went wrong, they're trying to amplify their bs - the obama way = "it's not the policies, it's the delivery" Roll Eyes

I hope they keep rolling toward that cliff...the crash can't come any sooner!

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The DEMs will try to fanatically obstruct Trump at every turn. They know that Trump's policies may rapidly show significant benefits to large portions of the U.S. population.

Groups that have been long time traditional DEM voters may find that Trump will give them opportunities and a better life than anything they ever saw under the DEMs.

It is amazing that the party that claims to champion diversity and inclusiveness, has actually dangerously divided our country and based their platform on gross distortions & lies.

editing to add:

just saw this to emphasize above statements

https://news.grabien.com/story...acially-charged-foru

Candidates for chair of Democratic National Committee met Monday night to discuss what went wrong in 2016 and how to get the party back on track.

Democrats must provide “training” that focuses in part on teaching Americans “how to be sensitive and how to shut their mouths if they are white,” urged the executive director of Idaho’s Democratic Party, Sally Boynton Brown, who is white.

The event’s moderator, MSNBC’s Joy Ann Reid, asked the candidates how the party should handle the Black Lives Now movement.

The candidates uniformly emphasized that the party must embrace the activists unreservedly.
“It makes me sad that we’re even having that conversation and that tells me that white leaders in our party have failed,” Brown said.

“I’m a white woman, I don’t get it. … My job is to listen and be a voice and shut other white people down when they want to interrupt.”
“This is life and death” she emphasized. “I am a human being trying to do good work and I can’t do it without y’all. So please, please, please, get ahold of me. Sally at we-the-dnc.org. I need schooling so I can go school the other white people.”

Another candidate said black Americans are now living with “justified fear” of being killed after Donald Trump was elected president.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I don't know much about this TPP, but Bernie Sanders endorsed the withdrawal from it.

Bernie has his own reasons for not liking TPP, I don't know what they are and they may or may not be logical or reasonable.

Even a broke clock is right twice a day.

Or as my grand-father used to say, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then."

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am loving this, reading about Trump's good work and (D) heads exploding.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
“training”

Dinner is served.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, the Dems are on the right track. No, really:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ite-people-down.html

"I'm White so very White and I am sorry for my Whitness." Big Grin

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The stupid never stops with the Dems. Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I'm rooting for Boynton Brown to be DNC chair.

Have her campaign and spread her message everywhere across the country.

REPs would probably fund her travel.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
They are playing Russian roulette with a semi auto. What happens when a person of color determines that she's not even allowed to hold other whites down due to her privilege.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I missed this earlier.

At the "Deploraball" as part of the inauguration, Sheriff David Clarke said:

'When I hear people say we need to reach across the aisle and work with the Democrats, you know what I say? The only reason I'll be reaching across the aisle is to grab one of them by the throat.'

Here he is on video that night: (video at linked article)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-choke-Democrat.html

I got an email that there is an effort to see if Sheriff Clarke will run for WI senator to unseat Tammy Baldwin (D) in 2018.

A Sheriff Clarke campaign could cost me some money.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No, the Dems are on the right track. No, really:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ite-people-down.html

"I'm White so very White and I am sorry for my Whitness." Big Grin

Makes perfect sense. She's using her white privilege to shut down white people as a way to make up for her whiteness. Word yo.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Can life even get any better?? Big Grin Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry....you'll have to speak up.

I can't hear you over the sound of the swamp draining.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Report This Post