SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
with all the Senate work that is not getting done, the normal Senate schedule is Monday evening thru Thursday afternoon. (2.5 days per week)

what a joke.

McConnell has finally extended the work week into Friday.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...e-work-longer-weeks/

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:
Which was my original question: why is this so hard to believe?
Because I look at Trump haters and see which way they're pointing. They're a perfect reverse barometer.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
showpro, you're just going to have to work out the last election on your own. You don't know what was said, but you want it to be true. You really want it to be true.

None of us know what was said; we weren't on the call. I don't particularly "want" it to be true. I have nothing to gain from that. But the eyewitness accounts aren't hard to believe, just from listening to Trump speak for over a year.

Which was my original question: why is this so hard to believe?

Look at the source of the quotes being provided. Frederica Wilson is a race baiting hate panderer who would love nothing more than to show how disrespectful President Trump is, even if it means that she makes shit up. Look at her photos: She even tries to dress like the pimp she is!

Folks that watch CNN/MSNBC or read NY Times are gonna believe whatever stupid shit they are fed. Change your diet, quit eating that processed garbage.

I do have a counter question for you: why is it so hard to believe Trump? Do you really think that the man is so daft and inhuman that he couldn't posses the tiniest amount of common decency?

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
The Congress critter has already changed her statement.
Can't quote her exactly because I was driving listening to the Savage Nation.

You have to dig for a while but I found this:

"Wilson said she overheard part of Trump's conversation to Johnson, which was on speakerphone."

"Wilson says she didn't hear the entire conversation and Myeshia Johnson told her she couldn't remember everything that was said."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...-fabricated-50556899

I read it but now can't find it. Wilson qualified what she claimed the President said. ("Something like that."

By now the media effect has hardened the story and any qualifications are gone.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perfect reverse barometer

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I can imagine "he knew what he was getting into" spoken in innumerable completely sympathetic, respectful and admiring contexts.

This kind of crap will not stop or ever diminish from the Democrat Party and their legions of morons and parasites. And it will never hurt Trump's support. If anything, as Para says, the opposite.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I do have a counter question for you: why is it so hard to believe Trump?

Because he makes stuff up constantly. And whenever he's faced with criticism, he denies, deflects, and blames others.

quote:

Do you really think that the man is so daft and inhuman that he couldn't posses the tiniest amount of common decency?

No, and I never said that. I said he's careless with his speech.

Mature leaders understand that words matter. They understand that people easily misinterpret what they hear, which is just human nature. So they learn to use care in how they convey what they want to say to make sure their message is clear and understood.

Trump has no such discipline. He's never had to.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
So they learn to use care

Right, like Mittens. A very careful politician. That's what you need when you are draining a swamp of greedy, power-hungry slithery creatures. You must be very careful about what you say. Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mature leaders understand that words matter.

Mature leaders understand what they DO matters as well. Given the contemptible example of the last 8 years, I'm far more satisfied with what DJT is doing than anything I heard the last guy say.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
That's what you need when you are draining a swamp of greedy, power-hungry slithery creatures. You must be very careful about what you say. Roll Eyes

Actually, yes. Otherwise, you spend all your time explaining what you meant or arguing about meaningless shit. Trump seems to relish doing that.

I have yet to see any swamp draining. Mostly, I see a revolving door at the WH. Looking forward to the swamp draining, though.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We know what you're looking forward to.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Because he makes stuff up constantly. And whenever he's faced with criticism, he denies, deflects, and blames others.

quote:

Do you really think that the man is so daft and inhuman that he couldn't posses the tiniest amount of common decency?

Mature leaders understand that words matter. They understand that people easily misinterpret what they hear, which is just human nature. So they learn to use care in how they convey what they want to say to make sure their message is clear and understood.

The Constitution is nothing but very carefully chosen words, and those have been litigated and fought over and disagreed about ever since.

Part of it is that human nature wants to read, or hear, what it wants to read or hear.

Getting a thought from one head to another head with optimum fidelity is trickier than many suppose, and when a substantial portion of the readers, or hearers, want to misinterpret it, it is usually easy to do so.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The Constitution is nothing but very carefully chosen words, and those have been litigated and fought over and disagreed about ever since.

Part of it is that human nature wants to read, or hear, what it wants to read or hear.

Getting a thought from one head to another head with optimum fidelity is trickier than many suppose, and when a substantial portion of the readers, or hearers, want to misinterpret it, it is usually easy to do so.

Of course, but perhaps a better signal-to-noise ratio is in order.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Of course, but perhaps a better signal-to-noise ratio is in order.

The hearers heard all right, but chose to interpret in the way least favorable.

That’s what they do. It propels them into victims, the highest state of bliss and prestige in their pitiful world.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
The comment these nitwits seem so offended by, assuming the president 'did' make it, doesn't even rise to the level of insensitive let alone improper.

So, that's the sort of thing you would say to a woman who just lost her husband?

Say you met the widow of a cop who had just died in the line of duty. You never met her before. You'd tell her that he knew what he'd signed up for but you guess it still hurts. That would be a proper comment?
I'm not playing bait and switch with you on this. I won't be making such a call, ever, so what I would or wouldn't say is irrelevant. However, 'if' the actual comment was made as Frederica claims (highly unlikely), it would not have offended me. But then again, I do not spend 24 hours out of ever day looking for something to be offended by. This is a huge 'nothing burger' that will disappear from everyone's focus in a matter of hours.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

Trump has no such discipline. He's never had to.

Clearly you have a hard-on just waiting to see President Trump fail. Like Jallen is pointing out, there is a subset of our society that has very selective hearing when it comes to President Trump. He can say just about anything and somewhere there is some asshat sitting around trying to contort his words and bend them to fit a narrative that just isn't true. Every politician has faced this to some degree but President Trump has been relentlessly attacked by such a rabid group of nitwits, that I honestly don't know how he keeps it all together.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Clearly you have a hard-on just waiting to see President Trump fail.

That's a lot to infer from the little that I've written, here.

quote:
Like Jallen is pointing out, there is a subset of our society that has very selective hearing when it comes to President Trump.

Actually, I think it takes much more selective hearing to listen to him, or read his tweets, and infer all sorts of positive intent that isn't plainly there.

quote:

He can say just about anything and somewhere there is some asshat sitting around trying to contort his words and bend them to fit a narrative that just isn't true. Every politician has faced this to some degree but President Trump has been relentlessly attacked by such a rabid group of nitwits, that I honestly don't know how he keeps it all together.

G.W. Bush was relentlessly attacked. Reagan was relentlessly attacked. And so was Obama, BTW. And Clinton. The difference is that President Trump is far more thin-skinned than even Obama, who until Trump came along had the thinnest skin I've ever seen.

All he had to do, here, was issue a statement saying that he respects all those who serve and none more than those who make the ultimate sacrifice. And that if his call was interpreted any other way, he deeply regrets that.

But instead, he'll argue and attack. And threaten. And tweet. It's all a monumental waste of time. And he has nothing to gain from any of it. Except more TV coverage, which is the main thing he seems to crave.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Would you please provide your source/proof of O-numbnutz and the grand molester being "relentlessly" attacked? I don't think I've reached a state of dementia quite yet, but I certainly don't remember their being attacked at all, really. If memory serves, they pretty much got a FREE PASS on EVERYTHING, even some of the same things that President Trump has said and/or done. I look forward to your response...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Both sides think their guy is relentlessly attacked, undeservedly so, and that the attackers are nitwits. You don't think Obama was attacked? Just go back and read this forum from the years of his presidency. Did you watch Fox News? It was 24/7. Read Breitbart? Listen to AM radio? Pay attention to the Republican-controlled Congress? You're surprised and disappointed that the liberals didn't attack him?

And both sides think the guy they hate gets a free pass.

This is how politics works. At least in 21st century America.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
'knew what he signed up for... but when it happens it hurts anyway.'

He was a Green Beret for god's sake. A warrior, he knew exactly what he was in for and he wanted to be there. Least we forget there were 3 other men who died and no one is making up fake news about the Presidents discussion with their families.

Thankfully he didn't call him a corpse-man, that would be terribly insensitive.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post