SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009:
It's so peaceful when I use the ignored function.

Ditto. First and only on this forum for me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:
quote:
The man is fighting to drain a swamp that more closely resembles a cesspool.
From the golf course, eh?
As I said, we know what you want. You want the President to fail because of the same petty fucking bullshit reasons as the leftists. Open your eyes, for God's sake.

I do not want to hear your pissing and moaning about Donald Trump. To call you ungrateful for what the man has done for us doesn't even begin to cover it. You'd rather have Hillary Clinton as your president instead of Donald Trump and that makes you seriously fucking confused. And don't kid yourself- if it weren't for Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton would be POTUS. Don't waste our time with your my-candidate-didn't-win-so-I'll-throw-a-perpetual-tantrum horse shit.

You can cram your snide remarks about Donald Trump up your ass. Unlike you, people around here realize what he's done for us and what he's doing for us, and we actually appreciate it. Isn't that really radical, showpro? We actually appreciate what our President is doing for this nation, unlike you, who only can find things about the man to bitch about.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's a dose of truth for you, showpro:

Florida Democrat Wilson no friend of veterans, vote record shows

This is the part where you tell me that doesn't matter, and this is the part where I tell you that this information reveals the true colors of this fucking moronic ass clown who dresses like a rodeo clown.
That's OK. You don't need to hide your disappointment, since we've got your number err know how you feel.

The Florida Democrat who criticized President Donald Trump this week for being "insensitive" toward the widow of a U.S. soldier slain in Africa might be facing similar criticism herself.

It turns out that U.S. Rep. Frederica Wilson has frequently voted against measures intended to help veterans and their families, according to VoteSmart.org, a vote-tracking site whose founding board members included former presidents Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford.

The measures that Wilson opposed included a bill that could have ensured that families of four soldiers slain in Afghanistan in 2013 received death and burial benefits.

In fact, Wilson’s voting record on veterans issues may call into question the sincerity of her recent defense of U.S. service members and their families.

Despite Wilson's claim to be “committed to honoring our service members, not only with words but with deeds,” she has voted against most bills ensuring continued funding for veteran benefits, including payments to widows of fallen soldiers, the vote-tracking site shows.

She has also opposed measures designed to improve the Department of Veterans Affairs.

In March 2013, Wilson opposed the “Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act,” which prevented a government shutdown and provided funds for the U.S. military and the VA.

The bill, which passed with bipartisan support and was signed into law by the Obama administration, provided funding to the military and the VA until the next government shutdown showdown.

Later in the year, Wilson again voted against a resolution aimed at ensuring benefits paid to the veterans and their families would not be affected by the government shutdown in October that year.

The motion was particularly important in the wake of reports that the families of four soldiers slain in Afghanistan in 2013 had been deprived of benefits due to the shutdown in Washington.

The families of slain soldiers were denied burial benefits and up to $100,000 to each family, among other benefits, the New York Times reported. Wilson voted against the resolution ensuring that the benefits reached the families.

Defense Department spokesman Carl Woog said the department did not have “the authority to pay death gratuities and other key benefits for the survivors of service members killed in action” due to the government shutdown.

The congresswoman also opposed numerous bills aimed at improving VA services provided the veterans and their families.

Wilson's office has not responded to a Fox News request for a comment.

The former elementary school principal, who first came to Congress in 2011, has been portrayed this week as a staunch defender of the military and military families after accusing the president of being “insensitive” toward Myeshia Johnson, widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, one of four service members who were killed last week in the African nation of Niger.

According to Wilson, Trump told the grieving widow that her husband “knew what he signed up for ... but when it happens, it hurts anyway.” But Trump, in a response on Twitter, said Wilson had “totally fabricated what I said.”

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Wednesday that Wilson’s attack on the president using the soldier’s widow was “appalling and disgusting.”

The congresswoman has stood by her account of the call.

But oh, she's so Goddamned believable, isn't she, showpro? You believe her bullshit because you want to believe it, and you want to believe it because it confirms your petty prejudices. There's s much more at stake than your hurt feelings about a Presidential election. Open your eyes.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

He was a Green Beret for god's sake.

No, he wasn't. And neither was his wife, which is the point.

He was a volunteer, not a conscript.

He knew what signing that contract meant. If he didn't, he should not have signed. Its no different than any other contract. Understand it or don't sign it.

His spouse also knew what signing that contract meant.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more endless DEM bullshit about Russia

Jeff Sessions sounds like he now knows how vicious and deceptive the DEM attacks will be

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...all-over-themselves/

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) asked Sessions about the still floundering “Russia probe” by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, asking him, “have you been interviewed or have you been requested to be interviewed by the special counsel either in connection with Director Comey’s firing, the Russia investigation, or your own contact with Russian officials?”

Sessions, at first, demurred, saying, “You’ll have to ask the special counsel that.”

When Leahy insisted, however, Session began to look more pleased and invited the questioning. “Well, I’d be pleased to answer that,” he told Leahy, chuckling and smiling as he considered his response, “I’m not sure I should without clearing that with the special counsel.”

“What do you think?” Sessions added after a pause, appearing to egg Leahy on in his line of questioning, before finally answering, “No.”

Things got even more heated when Sen. Blumenthal challenged Sessions answer.

After Sessions again tried to get Blumenthal to ask the special counsel’s office, Blumenthal tested Sessions’s answer. “The fact of the matter is he has contacted you, isn’t that a fact?” he asked pointedly.

“I’m not aware of it,” was Sessions’s answer.

“You’re not aware that the special counsel has contacted your office?” Blumenthal continued, incredulous, suggesting strongly he somehow knew such a request had, in fact, been made.

“How do you know who the special counsel is contacting? I’m a bit curious,” Sessions asked in reply.

Increasingly agitated, Blumenthal tried again. “I’m asking you the question has your office been contacted to request an interview with you by the special counsel? That’s a yes or no question,” he said.

“I don’t think so,” was all he could get from Sessions, who added, after another round back and forth, “I am perfectly willing to answer to the special counsel in any way.”

After yet another exchange, Sessions told Blumenthal, “Well you seem to know, so I don’t want to come in here and be trapped if you know something I don’t know.”

After the hearing, a Department of Justice spokesperson categorically denied the Attorney General has been contacted for an interview by the Special Counsels office, calling Blumenthal’s claim simply “not true.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
I think President Trump's behavior is random and mainly based on whatever opinions he happens to hold, which seem to be based on years of watching Fox News, combined with whatever his fragile ego directs him to do.

Good lord! Frown The water in western WA really is tainted.

Too much lithium in the water! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good idea...will be the first for me. We have some like this on Investors Village. They never learn to stop digging. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If only we had someone like Jeb Bush or McCain as POTUS the left would love them and there'd be world peace. [/SARCASM]

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's from your perspective. From Obama's supporters' perspective, he was relentlessly attacked. For goodness sake, Donald Trump was one of the attackers.

Are you really that obtuse? Fox News and conservative sites were the only ones highly critical of Obama around the clock. Not the "mainstream" media (who all claim neutrality), including the NYT, WashPost, TIME, Newsweek, LA Times, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, ESPN, PBS, NPR, etc. etc. etc.

If you do not recognize that the constant, widespread vicious attacks on Donald Trump and his family by the above listed and beyond are unprecedented in modern history, you are being intellectually dishonest, or you absolutely have no clue.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
That's from your perspective. From Obama's supporters' perspective, he was relentlessly attacked. For goodness sake, Donald Trump was one of the attackers.

Are you really that obtuse? Fox News and conservative sites were the only ones highly critical of Obama around the clock. Not the "mainstream" media (who all claim neutrality), including the NYT, WashPost, TIME, Newsweek, LA Times, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, ESPN, PBS, NPR, etc. etc. etc.

If you do not recognize that the constant, widespread vicious attacks on Donald Trump and his family by the above listed and beyond are unprecedented in modern history, you are being intellectually dishonest, or you absolutely have no clue.

That there is the truth, brotha!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/20...ive-dossier-funding/

Two partners at the intelligence firm that produced the dossier of memos alleging Russian efforts to aid Donald Trump’s presidential campaign on Wednesday declined to answer questions before the House intelligence committee.

Fusion GPS’ Peter Fritsch and Thomas Catán invoked their Fifth Amendment rights not to answer questions during their closed-door appearance before the committee, according to their attorney Joshua Levy.

After the session, which lasted more than an hour, Levy charged that the committee broke with its past practices by requiring them to physically appear to plead the Fifth.

“No American should have to experience the indignity that occurred today,” Levy told reporters. “No American should be required to appear before a congressional committee just to invoke his constitutional privileges. But that is what Chairman (Devin) Nunes required of our clients at Fusion GPS today, in a sharp departure from even the past practice of this committee’s investigation, where witnesses under the exact same circumstances were excused from appearing.”

Fusion GPS looks to be at the heart of the BS dossier. I would argue that “No American should have to experience the indignity of being targeted by a reputation hit team like Fusion GPS"

I would like to find out what Republican funded Fusion for the dossier. My own personal suspicion is John McCain. (He mysteriously wound up w a copy of the dossier and he gave it to the FBI)

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
George Bush, who as president did not utter a peep when the left mocked, ridiculed and insulted him and his whole family, has now come out-- attacking Trump!

The more time goes by, the more I put him into the same category as John McCain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...lying-prejudice.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah!

Thanks for reminding me. I will fix that problem right now.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
more endless DEM bullshit about Russia

Jeff Sessions sounds like he now knows how vicious and deceptive the DEM attacks will be

I heard a clip this morning where Sessions basically told that clown Al Franken to "STFU, asshole, I'm not finished speaking yet and you WILL give me my time to respond"...all in that soft Southern-y Jeff Sessions way. Big Grin

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Shaprio on the FL military widow phone call, as a news story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m7rYuriR60

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Jeff Sessions got a thorough and demeaning shellacking here on the Forum, criticizing everything from his haircut to his shoe shine, his acts and omissions, Trump had no business picking this country boy buffoon and wet noodle for an important job, the biggest mistake Trump ever made, he should resign and jump in front of a train or something.

I thought he would do pretty well. Twenty years in DOJ, two years as Alabama AG, twenty years in the Senate. He’s been around the track with the big boys, and for quite a while.

He’s certainly more than a match for the likes of Franken and Blumenthal.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

This guys head is so far up his ass, he probably can't see daylight anymore. That's the problem with folks like him. Seems that when it's their turn at losing, they'd rather make up shit to stir the pot, than actually do something constructive and find a better person for the job. I'm glad they do actually. It draws the attention of eyes that would otherwise be focused on something less important. A lot of folks that couldn't have cared less about politics have begun seeing the unhinged nature of these morons, and are now actively trying to stop them from spreading their nonsense, albeit a little late, but I'll take it.

For now, I am not going to add him to my ignore list. Ignoring these fucks is how this country got to the point it is now. I'd rather irritate the absolute piss out of him and make him go away on his own. Who knows, maybe he'll have a come to Jesus moment and see that he was wrong all along.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's why I asked our astute colleague (and I'm being VERY generous there) a couple of pages back to post sources, which I assumed would have included LINKS to actual dialogue, articles, etc. blasting the Anointed Kenyan and the Jerk-Off Artist, as he so readily points out. All those leftist sources you listed, mutedblade, knelt and genuflected if either one of those two farted in their direction.

I knew the response would be some made-up male bovine fecal matter straight outta his own butt-hole because folks like him just don't know how to bring facts to the table...been brainwashed by CNN et. al. I just shake my head a laugh now, as this "intellectual" has showed his true colors (and ass).

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Showpro gonna showpro. Haters gonna hate.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Find the video of General Kelly at the press briefing today. Talk about a grand slam!

“Empty barrels make the most noise.”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post