SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Trump the mad genius!

quote:
Oh, the mad genius of Donald Trump!

On the cusp of one of the biggest victories of his administration, cracking down on illegal aliens who commit vicious crimes inside our country, President Trump took to Twitter.

“I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

The only thing missing from this electronic presidential address was the Marine Band playing “Hail to the Chief.”

She was bleeding badly. Face-lift. Low I.Q. Psycho Joe.

It is all so delicious. Mercilessly inventive. Joyously vicious. Like an entire season of pro wrestling drama, all sewn up into two little Twitter messages.

Complete article, good read

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34589 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Trump the mad genius!

quote:
Oh, the mad genius of Donald Trump!

On the cusp of one of the biggest victories of his administration, cracking down on illegal aliens who commit vicious crimes inside our country, President Trump took to Twitter.

“I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

The only thing missing from this electronic presidential address was the Marine Band playing “Hail to the Chief.”

She was bleeding badly. Face-lift. Low I.Q. Psycho Joe.

It is all so delicious. Mercilessly inventive. Joyously vicious. Like an entire season of pro wrestling drama, all sewn up into two little Twitter messages.

Complete article, good read

Charlie Hurt is great as usual!

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Sorry if this is a distraction.

quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Did you used to work at Two Cows or something?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/kowtow?s=t
Actually, "cow" can be used to mean intimidate:

cow.
[kou]

VERB
cause (someone) to submit to one's wishes by intimidation:

"the intellectuals had been cowed into silence"

synonyms
intimidate · daunt · browbeat · bully · tyrannize · scare · terrorize · frighten · dishearten · unnerve · subdue · psych out · bulldoze

The pharase "cow two" probably was intended to be "kowtow to" but that implies they had been cowed into it.

flashguy

Very good! I was poking fun at Bigdeal's malaprop, and you caught it right away! No bull!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Th President is doubling down with the tweets this morning. The message seems to be that if you want a fight, you're by God going to get one.

https://twitter.com/realDonald...s/880771685460344832

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...tic-blockade-senate/

Twenty-four House Democrats were pressured to vote for ‘Kate’s Law,’ showing how President Donald Trump may break the Democratic Senators’ blockade of immigration-reform bills.
The key is intense public pressure on the roughly 10 vulnerable Democratic Senators facing the voters in 2018

The bill is named after Kate Steinle, an attractive young woman who was murdered by an illegal alien in 2015 who had returned to the United States multiples times after being sent home.

Kate’s law is popular. “Fifty-six percent (56%) of Likely U.S. Voters favor a five-year mandatory prison sentence for illegal immigrants convicted of major felonies who return to America after being deported … just 27% oppose such legislation, while 18% are undecided,”

Trump and the GOP Senate leaders need to win those Democratic votes because the GOP only holds 52 seats in the Senate. Democrats can block the legislation if they can stop the GOP from gathering 60 Senators’ votes to end debate and force a decisive up-or-down vote on the proposed law.

The potential targets for GOP political pressure include Angus King, Maine, Martin Heinrich, N.M., Amy Klobuchar, Minn., Debbie Stabenow, Mich. Chris Murphy Conn., Tom Carper, Del., Sheldon Whitehouse, R.I., Tim Kaine, Va., Maria Cantwell, Wash., and Tammy Baldwin, Wisc.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
rope-a-dope, do-si-do - watch the magic hand tweeting while the other is about to dope slap them again. Would be interested to hear from the Forum cognoscenti as to their thoughts on steel tariffs. As one of the deplorable base, I'm all for putting the smack down on Chinese steel dumping. Make Pittsburgh gray again!

Trump plots trade war

With the political world distracted by President Trump's media wars, one of the most consequential and contentious internal debates of his presidency unfolded during a tense meeting Monday in the Roosevelt Room of the White House, administration sources tell Jonathan Swan and me.

The outcome, with a potentially profound effect on U.S. economic and foreign policy, will be decided in coming days.

With more than 20 top officials present, including Trump and Vice President Pence, the president and a small band of America First advisers made it clear they're hell-bent on imposing tariffs — potentially in the 20% range — on steel.

The penalties could eventually extend to other imports. Among those that may be considered: aluminum, semiconductors, paper, and appliances like washing machines.

One official estimated the sentiment in the room as 22-3 — but since one of the three is named Donald Trump, it was case closed.

No final decision has been made, but the President is leaning toward imposing tariffs, despite opposition from nearly all his Cabinet.

In a plan pushed by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, and backed by chief strategist Steve Bannon (not present at the meeting), trade policy director Peter Navarro and senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, the United States would impose tariffs on China and other big exporters of steel. Neither Mike Pence nor Jared Kushner weighed in either way.

Everyone else in the room, more than 75% of those present, were adamantly opposed, arguing it was bad economics and bad global politics. At one point, Trump was told his almost entire cabinet thought this was a bad idea. But everyone left the room believing the country is headed toward a major trade confrontation.

The reason, we're told: Trump's base — which drives more and more decisions, as his popularity sinks — likes the idea, and will love the fight.
The problem, according to top officials who argued strenuously that the move is ill-advised: The trade war wouldn't just affect China. The collateral damage would include a slew of allies, including Canada, Mexico, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom.

Watch for: Trump was warned — and White House officials anticipate — that an affected industry like automakers is likely to seek a court injunction within hours of any tariffs on steel.

https://www.axios.com/axios-am-2450643147.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
"The U.S. Senate... where good ideas go to die."

I'm trying to run down this quote. So far, I can note with some satisfaction that it appears to be unanimous. Both sides complain with about equal enthusiasm. It goes back at least to the start of this century, and I suspect much further.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"They’re stupid as shit"

tsk, tsk, tsk

I tell ya, that mouth will get you in trouble. Big Grin

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"They’re stupid as shit"

tsk, tsk, tsk

I tell ya, that mouth will get you in trouble. Big Grin

Haha. The nerve of the twat to say it was a "hoax". That doesn't even make sense.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7160 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump tweet:

If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!

https://twitter.com/realDonald...s/880737163247267840

couldn't agree more

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sounds like an excellent idea

http://thehill.com/policy/ener...enge-climate-science

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) chief Scott Pruitt is leading a formal Trump administration program to “critique” mainstream climate change science.

Pruitt is skeptical of the overwhelming scientific consensus that human activity, via greenhouse gases, is far and away the primary cause of climate change. But he’s stated he believes the climate is changing and humans have some role.

The initiative will be a “back-and-forth critique” of climate studies, using scientists recruited by the government to take different positions on the matters

The program will be modeled in part on the “red team, blue team” exercises common in the military to help leaders identify vulnerabilities.

“The administrator believes that we will be able to recruit the best in the fields which study climate and will organize a specific process in which these individuals ... provide back-and-forth critique of specific new reports on climate science,”

“What the American people deserve, I think, is a true, legitimate, peer-reviewed, objective, transparent discussion about CO2,”

amen

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
rope-a-dope, do-si-do - watch the magic hand tweeting while the other is about to dope slap them again. Would be interested to hear from the Forum cognoscenti as to their thoughts on steel tariffs. As one of the deplorable base, I'm all for putting the smack down on Chinese steel dumping. Make Pittsburgh gray again!

Trump plots trade war

With the political world distracted by President Trump's media wars, one of the most consequential and contentious internal debates of his presidency unfolded during a tense meeting Monday in the Roosevelt Room of the White House, administration sources tell Jonathan Swan and me.

The outcome, with a potentially profound effect on U.S. economic and foreign policy, will be decided in coming days.

With more than 20 top officials present, including Trump and Vice President Pence, the president and a small band of America First advisers made it clear they're hell-bent on imposing tariffs — potentially in the 20% range — on steel.

The penalties could eventually extend to other imports. Among those that may be considered: aluminum, semiconductors, paper, and appliances like washing machines.

One official estimated the sentiment in the room as 22-3 — but since one of the three is named Donald Trump, it was case closed.

No final decision has been made, but the President is leaning toward imposing tariffs, despite opposition from nearly all his Cabinet.

In a plan pushed by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, and backed by chief strategist Steve Bannon (not present at the meeting), trade policy director Peter Navarro and senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, the United States would impose tariffs on China and other big exporters of steel. Neither Mike Pence nor Jared Kushner weighed in either way.

Everyone else in the room, more than 75% of those present, were adamantly opposed, arguing it was bad economics and bad global politics. At one point, Trump was told his almost entire cabinet thought this was a bad idea. But everyone left the room believing the country is headed toward a major trade confrontation.

The reason, we're told: Trump's base — which drives more and more decisions, as his popularity sinks — likes the idea, and will love the fight.
The problem, according to top officials who argued strenuously that the move is ill-advised: The trade war wouldn't just affect China. The collateral damage would include a slew of allies, including Canada, Mexico, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom.

Watch for: Trump was warned — and White House officials anticipate — that an affected industry like automakers is likely to seek a court injunction within hours of any tariffs on steel.

https://www.axios.com/axios-am-2450643147.html
As someone who buys steel (or at least signs off on high dollar purchase orders), our current tariff laws are outdated and crazy. They come from back when the Japanese were dumping inexpensive, questionable quality steel on the US at rock bottom prices. We've had tariffs on the Japanese for several decades, but in the mean time:
  • The Japanese are neck in neck with the Germans on producing the highest quality steel in the world.
  • The Japanese economy is now established and they don't have rock bottom prices.
  • India and China are now dumping inexpensive, questionable quality steel on the US at rock bottom prices, but without the tariff the Japanese are punished with.
  • Germany can sell high quality steel in the US for less money than the Japanese because they aren't handicapped by the tariff/penalty the Japanese receive.

Article after article are coming out of industry rule making bodies about 3rd world countries on how the expensive components of alloys are being added in insufficient quantities or left out all together, and coupled with forged documentation. Materials cast or forged with the poor alloys are failing in the high stress areas.

IMO, we either need to put the same steel tariff on everyone or put it on no one. I'm leaning towards the latter as US owned domestic manufacturers need to update their 30+ year old manufacturing controls and compete head to head with the Germans and Japanese.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23677 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    President Trump live on Fox with South Korea President Moon. Moon noted that after his election last month, President Trump was the first foreign leader to call and congratulate him, and he takes this as a reaffirmation of the strong relationship between our countries.

Very nice to see. Trump certainly looks "presidential" to me, didn't whip out his phone to post a mean tweet or anything. Roll Eyes

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tubetone:
    From the files of it’s not very presidential . . .

“The trouble with Hooker is that he’s got his headquarters where his hindquarters ought to be.” Pres. Abraham Lincoln about General Hooker

“His ambition, his restlessness, and all his grandiose schemes come, I’m convinced, from a superabundance of secretions which he couldn’t find enough whores to absorb.” Pres. John Adams about Alexander Hamilton

“I have only two regrets. I didn’t shoot Henry Clay and I didn’t hang John C. Calhoun.” Pres. Andrew Jackson

“A blind, bald, crippled, toothless man who is a hideous, hermaphroditic character with neither the force or fitness of a man, nor the gentleness or sensibility of a woman .” Pres. Thomas Jefferson about John Adams (See this but I haven't vetted all the quotes.)

Yet, somehow our country survived.

Bleeding from a facelift may be TMI but Presidents have not always been verbal tea totalers.

I am often reminded of how I would say to myself, “Oh, I wouldn’t have said that.” But, then I remember that in our overly-political correct times, President Trump’s rhetoric left him standing apart from all others to be elected.
    Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23677 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
    Lighten up and laugh
    Picture of Ackks
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!

Exactly!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
    Conveniently located directly
    above the center of the Earth
    Picture of signewt
    posted Hide Post
    I hesitate to even post the link....rest assured Chris 'quivvery pantload' Matthews continues to demonstrate what a born/bred/practicing idiot by his DNA, can say under the guise of 'journalism'

**************~~~~~~~~~~
    "I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
    ~SIGforum advisor~
    "When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
    Picture of lkdr1989
    posted Hide Post
    Another great appointment by the President!

quote:
    Trump names former FEC member to voter fraud probe

President Trump on Thursday named a former member of the Federal Election Commission to his Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity.

Hans von Spakovsky, a member of the FEC nominated by former President George W. Bush, will join the presidential commission to investigate instances of voter fraud during the 2016 presidential election.

Spakovsky, who runs the Election Law Reform Initiative at the right-leaning Heritage Foundation, was the only appointee who was named but not described in a White House press release Thursday night.

Spakovsky is also a former Justice Department official and a top critic of Eric Holder, a former attorney general in the Obama administration. In 2014, he wrote a book titled "Obama's Enforcer: Eric Holder's Justice Department."

He is quoted on Heritage's website in support of voter ID laws, calling the measures "vital" for upholding election integrity.

“In an era of razor-thin election margins, these issues are vital to the preservation of our republican form of government and the rule of law,” Spakovsky says on the website.

Von Spakovsky has been an ardent proponent of toughening voting laws for years, asserting the potential for massive voter fraud. But his push has drawn significant criticism from Democrats over the years, who have accused him of pushing measures that restrict voting rights.
    He received a recess appointment to the FEC in 2006 but ultimately withdrew from the formal nominating process in 2008 amid vocal opposition from Democrats.

Trump established the voter fraud commission after making unsubstantiated claims that "millions" of illegal voters took part in the presidential election. The White House set up the group in May by executive order.

When The Hill reached out to the Trump transition team in November to ask for information backing up Trump's claim that he would have "won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally," a transition official sent The Hill a document that cited Von Spakovsky's research, among others.

On Wednesday, Vice President Pence, who chairs the committee, held the first organizational call and announced the commission's first meeting in July.

"The integrity of the vote is a foundation of our democracy," Pence said Wednesday, according to a White House press release. "This bipartisan commission will review ways to strengthen that integrity in order to protect and preserve the principle of one person, one vote."

https://origin-nyi.thehill.com...to-voter-fraud-probe

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4359 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
    Picture of FlyingScot
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ackks:
    quote:

Exactly!

I believe this was Rand Paul's position / comments on the video posted earlier. Honestly, I support that over the current Repub plan. Was good to see in that video that Trump had a detailed conversation with Rand Paul. T knows what he is doing and I almost think he is going through this a part of a process to get what he wants / repeal and replace. If he had started with that, would never have flown...now has a shot. My uneducated 2 cents - regardless - #winning

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post
    wishing we
    were congress
    posted Hide Post
    A few pages back there was a post about Boathouse Canton in Baltimore. After being notified that immigration officials wanted to review their I9 forms, 30 of the staff left.

Over 120 people work at Boathouse.

So one day after 30 people left, Boathouse held a job fair:

We are an extremely busy restaurant offering Lunch, Dinner and Weekend Brunch. Currently hiring full and part time for the following positions:

• Chef's
    • Kitchen Mangers
    • Line Cooks
    • Prep Cooks
    • Oyster Shucker

Must be available for weekends, nights and holiday

compensation: above industry standards

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/fbh/6192878966.html

in an open letter by the owner, he said:

"Many went home to pack up and leave"

Good. Hire U.S. citizens