SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
In an attempt to influence the only fence leaner left, I posted this on FB on November 6 2016:

Against all odds and both parties, a first time candidate for any office is running neck and neck with one of the most powerful political machines in American history. With little media assistance, except some early exposure attempting to foil the Republicans, he's doing what he said he'd do. Nobody has ever attempted what he has accomplished, and gotten as close as he has, and it will likely never happen again. This speaks of his ability to manage, organize, delegate, find effective surrogates, and get things done. If you don't find it amazing, you are blinded by bias.
Many voters dream of an independent winning the presidency. I believe Donald Trump is an independent running as a Republican. Unlike other failed independents, he's an independent who is smart enough to know he can't win as an independent. Opposition from both parties, who outed themselves as establishment first, indicates and possibly verifies his independence. Many have wished for change in Washington, voted for it, and got even worse. Now is your best and only chance for real change.
If you choose to vote for a thoroughly corrupt political machine, you are part of the corruption. You endorse it and make yourself an accomplice. A vote for corrupt Clintons, that results in a win is a mandate for corruption, and that's what we'll get.
Maybe you think America is flawed, even flawed enough to let fall, and start over. America isn't perfect, no country is or ever will be. If you dream that whatever arises from the ashes of a destroyed America will be better, it won't.

Posts: 7484 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:

Big Grin

I love the unintended symbol of the redirect being to "Obama Archives".

File that asshole away and head on back to the homepage!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rachel Maddow said about Trump's speech:

“The crime, the gangs, the drugs, this ‘American carnage,’ disrepair, decay. You can’t imagine the outgoing president giving a speech like that.”

That's right, we can't imagine obama giving a speech like that. It is why Trump is president.

You won't solve problems that you don't even acknowledge.

Obama solved "problems" such as men can't use women's rest rooms, and illegals can't walk into the country and become indistinguishable from U.S. citizens.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The Churchill Bust is back.

http://thehill.com/homenews/ad...k-in-the-oval-office

President Trump has reinstalled a bust of former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill in the Oval Office.

The bust was removed from the office in 2009 under former President Barack Obama, a move that sparked conservative ire early in his administration.

The bust was spotted by reporters in the Oval Office while Trump signed a series of executive orders, some of his first official acts as president.
Obama moved the bust out of the office up to the White House residence.

The Obama White House said the bust was removed to make room for one of former President Abraham Lincoln and another of Martin Luther King Jr.

Some Republicans and conservatives interpreted Obama's move as a snub to the United Kingdom, one of the U.S.'s closest allies.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2011 called Obama's decision "a great insult to the British."

"His perspective as growing up in Kenya with a Kenyan father and grandfather. He probably grew up hearing that the British were a bunch of imperialists who persecuted his grandfather."

Obama was born and raised in the U.S. and did not visit the birth country of his father until his early 20s.

He denied the move was a snub last year during a visit to England.

“I love Winston Churchill. I love the guy,” Obama said at a news conference with then-British Prime Minister David Cameron.

Updated at 8:11 p.m.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:

“I love Winston Churchill. I love the guy,” Obama said at a news conference with then-British Prime Minister David Cameron.

Lying comes so naturally for this guy.

Posts: 2544 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Report This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I wanted to post about this yesterday but right after lunch I became violently ill and spent my friday night puking and crapping my brains out. Shame too, I had a little jar of shine that a buddy gave me and I was going to celebrate!

Anyway, we were eating lunch and the place had the inauguration on tv. When Trump started speaking the entire place got quiet for a good 20 seconds, pin drop quiet, even the kitchen made no noise. It was spine tingling.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Report This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
The Churchill Bust is back.

And here is a photo of it: Smiley Link Smile

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Lee Greenwood line

"Proud to be an American" especially since 1201 yesterday

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Report This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thomjb:
Lee Greenwood line

"Proud to be an American" especially since 1201 yesterday

Yes.

Quite so.

Very proud to be an American now and this song had actually come to mind shortly after he was sworn in.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
I watched from Edmonton Alberta Canada, but worked night shift last night, so couldn't enjoy an American whiskey. Home now, so I figure a little dram of Four Roses Single Barrel is fitting for the occasion.

Congrats, my American friends. You endured patiently for 8 years, and it's finally time to stop the bleeding.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
SNL is taking it (rightly so) on the chin for this one. I remember the bit where they went after a very young Chelsea Clinton....Bill was NOT amused and that was the end of SNL making fun of the children of Presidents.

One has to wonder if this writer took it upon herself to tweet this, or if the show as a whole felt they would be "safe" because it was regarding Trump. Either way, it shows again how out of touch my Hollywood types are - Trump or not, you cannot go after kids. It's hard enough to b e that age without your peers making fun of you for being the first presidential private-school 'school shooter.'

What a dumbass.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ng-Barron-Trump.html

Comments can be sent to NBC here

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
All federal buildings will have Obama's picture and that no talent ass clown Biden's picture removed for Trump and Pence portraits.

I may have to go in to the rocket ranch on Monday and go to the main building just to see it for myself. They had a YUGE photo of Zero up in the lobby and I had to turn my head every time I had to go to a meeting there. Now it will be exchanged for a photo of an adult. That's "change you can believe in".

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
The only thing better than Inauguration Day is the first full day...

Even the birds are happy this morning!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Anyone here on FB seeing their liberal friends and family members having a lousy day today?

So far I've seen a couple talking about what a "dreary day" it is and complaining about me posting memes "disrespecting" the outgoing POTUS, like memes that show Obama as "Gun Salesman Of The Century".

LOL, Fuck em! Big Grin

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
The bust of Winston Churchill is back in the Oval Office:

Trump puts Churchill bust back in the Oval Office

Photo from https://twitter.com/MicahGrime...s/822608416296337408
Most excellent. Smile

Once again, I'll post this, because now, it's perfectly appropriate:

"The fight between the British and the Germans was intense and fierce in the extreme. It was a deadly grapple. The Germans have been outmatched and outfought with the very kind of weapons with which they had beaten down so many small peoples, and also large unprepared peoples. They have been beaten by the very technical apparatus on which they counted to gain them the domination of the world. Especially is this true of the air and of the tanks and of the artillery, which has come back into its own on the battlefield. The Germans have received back again that measure of fire and steel which they have so often meted out to others. Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill , November 10, 1942

Posts: 107742 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tgrshrk99:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
SNL is taking it (rightly so) on the chin for this one. I remember the bit where they went after a very young Chelsea Clinton....Bill was NOT amused and that was the end of SNL making fun of the children of Presidents.

One has to wonder if this writer took it upon herself to tweet this, or if the show as a whole felt they would be "safe" because it was regarding Trump. Either way, it shows again how out of touch my Hollywood types are - Trump or not, you cannot go after kids. It's hard enough to b e that age without your peers making fun of you for being the first presidential private-school 'school shooter.'

What a dumbass.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ng-Barron-Trump.html

Comments can be sent to NBC here

Thanks for the link, comment sent.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
What a great day it was yesterday to actually see momentous history in the making!

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I may make it a point to find the locations of all the Federal buildings wherever I go and have a chuckle in front of Trumps picture.

Posts: 7484 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post