SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Why is he giving a speech? I've never seen an outgoing one do this before...

Because the Lamestreet Media has to stroke his johnson just one more time. That fool just needs to shut his pie hole and fade into insignificance. Get lost LOSER!!!! Jeezus christmas...

JUST
GO
AWAY!

Thank GOD Brett broke in and Fox News cut away from that moron...my IQ was starting to go down.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
It strikes me that this is not an ideologically based administration, in the traditional sense, liberal, conservative, etc as much as a practical, rational, do it "smart" based.

Purists on both sides may have a rough time of it.

As a conservative, I have to say I agree with you. Trump is most certainly not one of us, and I am sure there will be some disagreements. Still, I lvoe the optimism he brings, and I have never understood why the establishment felt it was somehow uncouth to consider the interests of America in setting our foreign and economic policies. It's great to have a president that believes in America and loves America, even if he is not the perfect conservative. I feel very good about the next four years.

My sentiments exactly.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
What's Trump signing?

I wish he were starting on Zippy's EOs already.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Obama is attaching himself to Trump's "it's about you" line.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long it will take for soem departments to be dismantled

I think a lot of people will be watching the Department of Education, EPA, ATF and perhaps most of the Department of Energy

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Obama is gone. Thank God.

Trump's speech wasn't particularly eloquent and it was more of a campaign speech but without any doubt, it was was groin kick to everyone on that stage and in Washington. Moochele looked pissed.

The Reagan and Kennedy speeches with their roaring eloquence wasn't there but that has never been Trump's style. He's about results and not the fancy words or oration.

WTF was Chuckie droning on about? The soldier letter was well-known but all of the different democrat constituency references were nauseating. Time for change to begin.

The most dangerous place in DC, it has been said for years, is between TV cameras and Schumer.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
What is he signing? The arrest warrant for Hillary? Wink

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
What's Trump signing?

I wish he were starting on Zippy's EOs already.

-Rob

Mattis and Tillerson? (maybe, couldn't hear) confirmations were the first 2. Hard to hear the audio. I'm guessing the rest of the nominations that have been confirmed by the Senate.

Further review - these appear to be the formal nominations of his cabinet members.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"The fight between the British and the Germans was intense and fierce in the extreme. It was a deadly grapple. The Germans have been outmatched and outfought with the very kind of weapons with which they had beaten down so many small peoples, and also large unprepared peoples. They have been beaten by the very technical apparatus on which they counted to gain them the domination of the world. Especially is this true of the air and of the tanks and of the artillery, which has come back into its own on the battlefield. The Germans have received back again that measure of fire and steel which they have so often meted out to others. Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill , November 10, 1942

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
It strikes me that this is not an ideologically based administration, in the traditional sense, liberal, conservative, etc as much as a practical, rational, do it "smart" based.

As a conservative, I have to say I agree with you. Trump is most certainly not one of us, and I am sure there will be some disagreements. Still, I lvoe the optimism he brings, and I have never understood why the establishment felt it was somehow uncouth to consider the interests of America in setting our foreign and economic policies. It's great to have a president that believes in America and loves America, even if he is not the perfect conservative. I feel very good about the next four years.

This^^^

Excellent points, both of you. If he lives up to the spirit of that speech, then our country is moving in the right direction.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Precisely, JALLEN. That has been my impression of Mr. Trump all along.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Mattis waiver was the first bill that President Trump signed. The rest are the formal nominations to be sent to the senate and a proclamation for a national day of patriotism.

Looking very presidential!

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi just interrupted Donald while he was signing his cabinet nominations, because she wanted a different pen then the one she got. What a piece of work...

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by SuhlShooter:
Adios MF!

BO leaving on Marine One.

Not Marine One. Just another helo.

They shoulda made stompyfeet hoof it to the nearest bus stop.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Rewatching his speech since my wife missed it.

Besides the content, I just realized why it had such an impact on me the first time. The manner of delivery.

President Trump speaks TO the people unlike obama who spent eight years speaking AT the people.

Subtle but significant difference if you ask me.

Yes!, and unlike stompy-foot, President Trump did not use the "I" or "Me" words too many times, if at all.

So refreshing!

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Nancy Pelosi just interrupted Donald while he was signing his cabinet nominations, because she wanted a different pen then the one she got. What a piece of work...

All the botox and witchery that went into her leather face has been affecting her brain for a while.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
With that speech, President Trump bitch-slapped the establishment and advised the evil-doers there's a new sheriff in town.

LOVE IT Smile

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RonJon
posted Hide Post
Right after President Trump finished his speech I went right out and put up an American Flag on my home! --
I had been waiting for eight years to put this flag up (It was presented to me by USO for a contribution I made).

I just couldn't bring myself to fly the American flag while O'bama was in office.

RonJon

Posts: 128 | Location: Mn | Registered: October 17, 2007Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
As Paul Ryan was introduced to the platform he had a barely-contained grin on his face.

During the national anthem I noticed that the Obamas had their hands over their hearts. Is that the first time they've ever done that? I also noticed Obama mouthing some of the words. I never would've guessed that he knew any of the words.

As Donald was taking the oath, when it first began. His wife nearly burst out in a grin but she had to stifle it.

I loved his speech. He laid out his plan for the country. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post