SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Back when the GOP was a minority party with the Dems holding the House, Senate and White House, I don't recall them having near as much power as the Democrats now wield as a minority party with the GOP holding Congress and the White House.

It is impressive to watch how the Democrats play the game and infuriating to see how bad the GOP is at it. I am starting to believe that the GOP is not actually incompetent - perhaps they mostly just want the same things as the Democrats. Of course, they won't tell us that at election time.

Yes. The problem isn't President DJT.

Why does the left bother with “Resistance” theatrics when the Republican Congress funds their entire wish list anyway?

That’s a bit of a trick question because the left still plans to seize more power and money by recapturing Congress and the White House. They’ll never stop attacking the legitimacy of the Trump administration. The only lingering mystery is why so many Republicans think they can counter this strategy by appeasing Democrats.

At a cost of hundreds of billions of dollars in other people’s money, Republicans purchase a couple of sound bites that allow them to claim they aren’t heartless monsters because they funded every left-wing priority, from “sanctuary cities” to Planned Parenthood.

In reality, these capitulations don’t win Republicans anything. Democrats will still depict them as tightwads on welfare spending, reactionaries on social policy, and footmen to the evil rich. As soon as the Republican “leaders” who meekly funded 100 percent of the Democrat agenda for 2017 object to 20, 30, or 50 percent increases in that agenda, they will be denounced as greedy pigs who want poor people to die.

We won’t even have to wait that long because Democrats are already cranking up the class-warfare machine to defeat Trump’s tax reform proposals. How can any GOP leader be dense enough to think that caving to the Democrats on spending will secure their cooperation, or even slightly mute their objections, for dramatic pro-growth tax reform?

Indeed, the flabby bulk of these trillion-dollar spending deals will be used as an argument against tax cuts. How can Republicans propose cutting taxes after they just agreed to finance the entire Democrat wish list? Tax cuts are the one thing we’re told we can never, ever “afford.”

The GOP appears to have given up on even the minimal fiscal responsibility of serious budgeting. From here on in, we’ll have nothing but bloated omnibus spending bills, crammed with pork and passed in a feverish haze of shutdown panic. You’d risk shutting down the government for cuts to Planned Parenthood, green energy programs, or the EPA? You maniac!

The GOP leadership has conceded that Democrats hold the ultimate budgetary trump card. It’s an article of Republican faith that they will lose any and all budget battles, no matter the size of the GOP majority, because in the final hours Democrats will simply shrug and say, “Give us what we want, or we’ll shut the government down and you’ll be blamed for it.”

The Democrats are so confident of their eternal whip hand in budget disputes that they openly threatened to shut the government down if their demands were not granted this time around, without bothering to conceal the threat at all. They know Republicans believe they will be held responsible for any such crisis. It doesn’t matter how many red-ink-stained Democrat fingers are on the shutdown. It wouldn’t matter if Democrat senators and representatives were caught on video running around Washington and pulling the plugs out of government computers. Terrified Republican leaders are convinced the media will never, ever frame the crisis as “Democrats Shut Down Federal Government to Protect Illegal Alien Criminals.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-writing-the-budget/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
No one else- no one else- could have stopped Hillary Clinton.

Dayenu!

During Passover, Jews "retell" the Exodus, and one of the elements is the recitation of "Dayenu", the meaining of the wors is understood as "it would have been enough/sufficient". The point being, even if God had only done the smallest of the wonders, then it, and it alone, and nothing else... "it would have been enough".
Yet, it is never just one thing, but many things flow. Surely, there was much that was troubling during the time of the Exodus. Some suffered loss, there was harship, there was the uprroting and leaving the only "home" known for 400 hundred years (Imagine all Americans to day being driving from the USA). There was fear, their was hardship for the old, the young, the weak and the infirm. People died in the desert at a great rate, and there were no shortage of "doom and gloom" voices lamenting the decision to follow this leader, Moses and his promises, that likley looked pretty pathetic in the eyes of many. (the "Erev Rav", or mixed multitude that whined, peeped and muttered and even considered going back to Egypt.)

So, for those who do not know of this, I offer...

If He had brought us out from Egypt, and had not carried out judgments against them...
Dayeinu!

If He had carried out judgments against them, and not against their idols...
Dayeinu!

If He had destroyed their idols, and had not smitten their first-born...
Dayeinu!

If He had smitten their first-born, and had not given us their wealth...
Dayeinu!

If He had given us their wealth, and had not split the sea for us...
Dayeinu!

If He had split the sea for us, and had not taken us through it on dry land...
Dayeinu!

If He had taken us through the sea on dry land, and had not drowned our oppressors in it...
Dayeinu!

If He had drowned our oppressors in it, and had not supplied our needs in the desert for forty years...
Dayeinu!

If He had supplied our needs in the desert for forty years, and had not fed us the manna...
Dayeinu!

If He had fed us the manna, and had not given us the Shabbat...
Dayeinu!

If He had given us the Shabbat, and had not brought us before Mount Sinai...
Dayeinu!

If He had brought us before Mount Sinai, and had not given us the Torah...
Dayeinu!

If He had given us the Torah, and had not brought us into the land of Israel...
Dayeinu!

If He had brought us into the land of Israel, and not built for us the Holy Temple...
Dayeinu!

And in this understanding,

If Trump had only beaten Hillary Clinton, and kept her from the Whitehouse...
Dayeinu!

The rest, you can figure out for your self, or you can be Erev Rav.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Excellent post Sigmonkey!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as the right Judges and Justices are appointed, he can do no wrong in my opinion.

ETA: "Judges and Justices" is redundant. But you get the idea. Razz

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I suppose that within another few pages of this thread, I will once again have to point out the obvious, and then explain to members- in no uncertain terms- that I will not tolerate pissing and moaning about the one and only man who saved us from Hillary Clinton? If you guys want things to piss and moan about, you'd have them in spades if that harpy had gotten into the White House. Wake up. Come to your senses.

You can blame Donald Trump for magazines and ammunition being so inexpensive and plentiful right now. Blame him for that. Under Hillary, our world would be pure shit right now. Just who in the Hell has to have this pointed out to them????

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Most excellent as always, Sigmonkey. BTW, thank you Para!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The attacks on President Trump are going off the charts in being completely wrong and in record breaking poor taste.

This from Stephen Colbert of The Late Show:

regarding President Rump:

“In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c*ck holster,” Colbert said, as the audience erupted in laughter and applause.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-h...-putins-cck-holster/

Colbert should be fired. But, "the audience erupted in laughter and applause"

Our country is in total, all out political and cultural war.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Very original, Colbert. Roll Eyes

My God, did he actually say that during the Late Show? Could you imagine Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, or even David Letterman saying anything like that?

Absolutely disgusting and classless. And towards a sitting President no less.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
And in this understanding,

If Trump had only beaten Hillary Clinton, and kept her from the Whitehouse...
Dayeinu!

Perfectly stated, Monkeyman.

And yes, sdy, we are in all out political and cultural war. It is all out, and turning the corner into violence.

For anyone to start taking pot-shots at President Trump at this point-- anyone from our side-- is beyond clueless. It's beyond ungrateful and stupid. It's beyond words.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
For anyone to start taking pot-shots at President Trump at this point-- anyone from our side-- is beyond clueless. It's beyond ungrateful and stupid. It's beyond words.

Conservatives/R/Alt-Right/Shift-Right/Ctrl-Right, we have a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory,

The thought of Hillary united us to overlook a few differences and combine to put Trump in office and stop the left, we knew the risks and downfalls of 4 to 8 more years of the lefts plans being in place.

An example is the Wall. Would I like a wall, sure, but anyone that seriously thought that in the first 100 days a physical wall would be started is delusional, the "Wall" to me was metaphorical, I don't give a shit what it's made from, physical bricks or by enforcing laws, the wall is a border, and when enforced it doesn't have to be solid concrete and concertina wire to work. Defend it and deport people and we see that we now have a wall. Perfect, no, but it's working. And it costs a shit ton less to build.

Its just 100 days folks, less than 3 full months.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The attacks on President Trump are going off the charts in being completely wrong and in record breaking poor taste.

This from Stephen Colbert of The Late Show:

regarding President Rump:

“In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c*ck holster,” Colbert said, as the audience erupted in laughter and applause.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-h...-putins-cck-holster/

Colbert should be fired. But, "the audience erupted in laughter and applause"

Our country is in total, all out political and cultural war.

let them keep acting like a bunch of adolescents. They lost and lost BIG and still cannot come to terms with that.

It's going to be an even bigger kick in the balls for them when Trump is reelected!

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Para & SigMonkey stated it as eloquently as always. I am truly not sweating the details at all. Trump is our president. Not the hated bitch. Next.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I gotta say that I like this guy Mick Mulvaney, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget. I like the way he handles Press Conferences. He's pretty good at taking questions and answering them in a very direct and clear way.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
just 100 days folks, less than 3 full months.

what sort of math is that? Smile

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I gotta say that I like this guy Mick Mulvaney, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget. I like the way he handles Press Conferences. He's pretty good at taking questions and answering them in a very direct and clear way.

Yep, me too:

An animated Mick Mulvaney responded first to a reporter who asked about Trump’s Twitter dispatches Tuesday morning, in which the President urged, “Our country needs a good ‘shutdown’ in September to fix mess!”

“I think the President is frustrated with the fact that he negotiated in good faith with the Democrats and they went out to try and spike the football and make him look bad,” Mulvaney said, presumably referring to Democrats’ taunts that Trump got almost nothing his White House budget advocated for.

“I get that frustration because I think it is a terrible posture for the Democrats to take,” he continued. “If we are sitting here trying to prove to people that Washington is going to be different, that we’re going to change things and can figure a way to work with them and they do that to this President, listen, I would have taken offense at that so it doesn’t surprise me at all that his frustrations were manifested in that way. We’ve got a lot to do between now and September. I don’t anticipate a shutdown in September. But if negotiations — if the Democrats aren’t going to behave any better than they have in the last couple days, it may be inevitable.”

“How would a shutdown clean up the mess?” one reporter asked.

“Sooner or later, we’ll have to start doing something different,” Mulvaney said, adding: “If we get to September and it is still business as usual, business as usual, business as usual and nothing changes, and takes a shutdown to change it, I have no problem with that.

Later in the press conference, NBC’s Peter Alexander asked Mulvaney to define what he thought Trump meant by a “good shutdown.”

“I don’t know,” Mulvaney said, pausing. “We haven’t had one.”

“But to the extent the President advocated one today, if you wanted to imagine what a good shutdown was, it would be one that fixes this town,” Mulvaney said. “One that drives the message back home to people that it really was as broken as they thought that it was when they voted for Donald Trump, and they trusted him — if that’s what is necessary to do to fix Washington, D.C., that would be a good shutdown.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/l...mp-point-dysfunction

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
imaging somehow catches my attention more than it should....and I realize this 'masthead' is merely separate images superimposed over a current Drudge story on the budget.....yet it captures something and suggests at least agreement, if not outright collaboration, between what supposedly are opposing party symbols....eerie if you get my drift, but perhaps that's the point:

I'm sure that is the point and exactly the reaction whoever cobbled those pictures together was looking for.

I'm not sure I trust Ryan as far as I could throw him right now with my crippled shoulder, but our man Mr. President says he can work with him so I have nothing to do but shut up and watch.

And as far as our man Mr. President, if he had begged off at the inauguration and passed the torch to Mr. Pence, he would still be my hero for saving us from that woman. He has done some things I am pretty excited about since then as well. Everything isn't perfect, but one might consider that he is facing a level of resistance that is unprecedented. Not only that, he's still moving forward.

Is the world perfect? Uh, no, but it is at least seventeen orders of magnitude better than it would be if November 8th had ended differently.

Thank you Mr. President!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Can Trump and Putin work together to solve the threat in North Korea?

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...1001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Chellim1, thanks for posting Mulvaney's response. Smart, concise, aggressive and loyal! Just one of many outstanding picks by the Pres.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the cheese-eating surrender monkeys (my new term for republicans) have yet again screwed the American people

they rolled over

how can we trust ANY of them at this point?

I'd like to see the president veto the budget as passed and send it back

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
just 100 days folks, less than 3 full months.

what sort of math is that? Smile

Public school math

Just checking to see if anyone is paying attention Big Grin

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post