SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
excellent article

there was an article out there that compared the first 100 days of Trump and Obama - looking for it -should be an interesting read as well

I wonder how exciting the White House Correspondents Dinner was yesterday...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
When did everybody started getting hung up on the first 100 days, anyway? Roll Eyes Some things (at least when we're talking about DC politics) just take longer than that, period.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

I wonder how exciting the White House Correspondents Dinner was yesterday...

Oh, was that yesterday? I guess with all the live coverage of President Trump's rally I totally forgot about it. What a shame...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump was wise not to attend the Correspondents dinner.

The "performer" at the dinner was Hasan Minhaj from the Daily Show.

Minhaj:

“Now a lot of people think that Steve Bannon is the reason Donald Trump is a racist,”

“I do not see Steve Bannon. I do not see Steve Bannon. Not see. Nazi Steve Bannon. Nazi Steve Bannon.”

“Jeff Sessions could not be here tonight; he is doing a pre-civil war enactment,”

“On his RSVP he wrote, ‘No.’ Just no! Which happens to be his second favorite n-word.”

"Donald Trump is liar in chief"

"The president didn't show up because Donald Trump doesn't care about free speech"

"Mike Pence wanted to be here tonight but his wife wouldn't let him, because apparently one of you ladies is ovulating."

“Spicer isn’t here tonight because I think he’s at home Googling how to fake his own death,”

“I’m amazed Fox News even showed up—It’s hard to trust you guys when you backed a man like Bill O’Reilly for years,” “You gave O’Reilly a $25M severance package — only package he won’t force a woman to touch.”

“The leader of our country is not here. And that’s because he lives in Moscow,”

Minhaj was pretty pathetic.

Minhaj is muslim. His family came to the U.S. from India. He was born in the U.S.,
but his mother spent the first eight years of his life away from him, in India, completing medical school

sounds like an anchor baby

BTW, pls don't bother to tell me that this is always a roast. This wasn't funny stuff. This was nasty crap written by liberal assholes who never fail to attack President Trump.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

BTW, pls don't bother to tell me that this is always a roast. This wasn't funny stuff. This was nasty crap written by liberal assholes who never fail to attack President Trump.

Yeah, that's just awful and not funny at all. It's not even the slightest bit clever either. Absolutely pathetic.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
When did everybody started getting hung up on the first 100 days, anyway? Roll Eyes Some things (at least when we're talking about DC politics) just take longer than that, period.

Goes back to the First 100 Days of the FDR Administration when the news media determined that it was a "measurable yard stick" to determine how successful. It's really nothing more than a convenient-sounding headline grabber, like the "100-Hour Ground War" during Desert Storm in 1991.

Really the "100 days" tag goes all the way back to when Napoleon escaped from Elba in 1815, and ran amuck for 100 Days before he met Wellington at Waterloo (actually it was about 110 days, but "100 Days" sounded better!).

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I am actually glad to see leftist "celebrities" and their fake news outlet of choice has learned nothing from the election. The emotional attacks, rhetoric and temper tantrums are only helping the chances of Trump getting second term. In a way their misery and anger is beautiful and self defeating to their cause. I hope they never stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a way their misery and anger is beautiful and self defeating to their cause

I agree.

I didn't watch the whole correspondents dinner, but there were many times Minhaj bombed and the audience gave that phony embarrassed smile.

Minhaj commented several times about being a minority and having to work twice as hard to get half the credit.

He is 31 y.o. and worth 1.8 million dollars.

America has really held him back, hasn't it ?

posted Hide Post
I think it is a great day for America!

Posts: 26 | Location: Way Up North, Maine | Registered: April 10, 2017Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love that crowd!! Big Grin. They are absolutely right. CNN Sucks.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/EfAePQ2R6h0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have liked to see Trump attend. He could easily pull it off with the right writers.

George W. always took the event in stride, and gave as good or better than he got.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I seriously doubt he wanted to be there. During the final stretch of the campaign I feel like Trump was energized and able to keep going mainly due to the support from the huge crowds of people who had his back. The media onslaught was unlike anything I'd ever seen before and was enough to destroy most people. I honestly feel like he wanted to say thank you to the people of PA who voted for him and to get the hell out of D.C.

The media is still overwhelmingly negative in their coverage but when I hear Trump speak I do feel quite a bit of optimism that things are finally turning around in our country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
In a way their misery and anger is beautiful and self defeating to their cause

I agree.

I didn't watch the whole correspondents dinner, but there were many times Minhaj bombed and the audience gave that phony embarrassed smile.

Minhaj commented several times about being a minority and having to work twice as hard to get half the credit.

He is 31 y.o. and worth 1.8 million dollars.

America has really held him back, hasn't it ?

I'm 37 and not close to worth a 10th of that. Fuck that guy with a stick. Sideways.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an article for anyone who wants to relive a bit of that magic night in November

http://nypost.com/2017/04/30/t...o-give-up-her-dream/

The moment Hillary Clinton was forced to give up her dream

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

< snip >

I don't care about her feeling that night.
I'd like to know what she was like 48 hours later.

Ginatonic would be my guess.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Listening to Rush analyize the budget bill makes it clear it's an abomination foisted by the establishment and weak kneed dumbass congressional repubs.

Trump should VETO the damned thing and address the American public about why. Stick it back in the Hills's faces. A shutdown is a smoke screeen anyhow.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
<snip>

Can you imagine her handling matters that matter?

Madame potus, there are Korean paratroopers landing in The Rose Bowl!

“OK,” she said over and over as she nodded. It was all she could muster.

madame potus Mt. St. Helens blew up again and every voter in Washington state's King and Thurston counties has been carried away in a sea of ash. A Democrat can never win there again.

Madame potus the staff wonders why you don't handle real crisis like you do subordinates and secret service agents, like with shrieking and threatening death and dismemberment.

Posts: 6393 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I love that crowd!! Big Grin. They are absolutely right. CNN Sucks.

He had us all doing that at the Hershey, PA rally in November just before the election too!

Trump brilliantly and dramatically pointed to the press pool area across from him at the arena and said something like "Look at all the dishonest press there! THEY are the real enemy of you, the American people!"

The place went CRAZY.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump should VETO the damned thing and address the American public about why. Stick it back in the Hills's faces. A shutdown is a smoke screen anyhow.

Yes. I don't fear a government shutdown.
I am disappointed with the many Republicans in Congress who lack the courage to stand up to the DemoRats.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Trump should VETO the damned thing and address the American public about why. Stick it back in the Hills's faces. A shutdown is a smoke screen anyhow.

Yes. I don't fear a government shutdown.
I am disappointed with the many Republicans in Congress who lack the courage to stand up to the DemoRats.

I honestly don't think its so much standing up to the Demonrats but rather the donor class establishment. These cretins cower from any semblence of independance and allegiance to their constituancies in deference to their bank accounts.

PS chellim1 you need to reduce your avatar as it is WAY TOO BIG.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post