SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Anyone find a seating chart for the event, my google fu brings up everything but that event.

They sit first come/first serve for the address and move around and sit with friends, so no chart unless someone took a photo and made a map.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was pissed when I saw the Dems fail to stand in tribute to the SEAL. I did something I never do: Sent an e-mail to a political party.
I asked the the Chairman of the county Democratic party if he would have stood during the speech. I will post again if the dude responds. I wont hold my breath.
Also on the local Dem website is a button to push to join the party. Right under the button is the phrase "Push here to to pay to join the party".
Uhh... Pay to join? NOOOOOO!
Update:
The dude wrote back and said:
The Dems did stand.
He pointed out that Owens father expressed criticism of the raid. Niether here nor there, the man lost his life in service to his country.
Did not bother to say if HE would have stood, which was my specific question.
So... This guy and I must have watched two different speeches!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Here's the assholes in white, after the President's address. Let's listen in:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6A0bhAsAyGY" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Is that thunder in the background or the righteous anger of the American people at the Leftists disrespectful behavior towards Mrs. Ryan?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32031 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Another moment from the speech:

quote:
Trump also singled out the family of Jamiel Shaw II, a high school student murdered by Pedro Espinoza, an illegal immigrant. Democrats booed and gasped at Trump’s immigration overhaul surrounding these victims, but again seemed to fail to understand how stories like these resonate with voters.

Jamiel Shaw, the father appeared on Fox and Friends after the speech and was asked to give his thoughts on the Democrats’ reaction.

“I just ignore them, like they do me,” he said.

https://heatst.com/politics/th...ing-out-party-bombs/

Jamiel Shaw's father with Trump at a rally:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Did the Rep. disrespect Obama in his State of the Union address like the Dem. did tonight to Trump? I could never watch Obama, so I don't know.
Thanks,
Rod

It's always been that way, as long as I can remember. Dem. President speaks, Rep. congressmen and senators sit. Rep. President speaks, the Dems sit. There are few rare cases when some on the opposite side stood up, and tonight was no exception, but in general, it has always been that way.

Kinda. What has always happened is when talking policies, each side either stands or sits based on their political position. What has NOT happened is that when a regular American or as in this case the widow of an American hero is introduced BOTH sides ALWAYS stood and applauded.

The dems sitting on their hands in this case was unprecedented, rude and a perfect illustration of the democrat party of 2017.
^^^This times 1,000. The Dem's set an new all time low for a speech like this, and we need to punish them severely for it when the next election cycle comes around.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trey Gowdy, speaking of the childish Democrats dressed in white: I thought I was at a wedding.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

posted Hide Post
DOW is up 300 pts to 21,121. Smile Gold is flat and silver is up a little too.

TRUMP BUMP is turning into a mountain.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
quote:
Originally posted by AzMikeCFD102:
HRC and Bill are getting drunk at the moment, trying to drown their sorrows.

Doubt it. I bet Bill is on Underage Island and Hill is in her cryo-preservation chamber.

Is it a chamber bought from the Michael Jackson estate?

Posts: 2814 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump could cure cancer, epilepsy, and the common cold and the Dems would give him no credit. Their canned reply to the rocketing markets is that Barry set the table for Donald and they hoped he could carry on dear leader's success. We have to clean their clock again in 2020.

Posts: 3646 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I emailed to a number of DEM politicians that the white outfits were creepy.

I told them it looked like the Stepford Wives or the Jim Jones cult.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Trey Gowdy, speaking of the childish Democrats dressed in white: I thought I was at a wedding.

Being Chinese I thought they were a funeral party.

Posts: 2561 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I needed to go by my father's house last night to deliver a message. He watches only a limited amount of TV. He said that he had watched the speech, and was very impressed! This from a 98 year old man who enlisted during World War II, was recalled during Korea, and retired from the military during Vietnam!

The earlier post on Stein's article about listening to the "music" of a speech. I remember the speeches of our recently departed POTUS - his sounded like BAD rap when he talked (and I don't care for that style of "music" in the first place). His speed and pitch changes were very hard to follow.

I've only heard part of the speech (read the text later when I could), and this speech has the fingerprints of several good speechwriters in it in terms of flow and topics. I'm hoping he keeps those people on speed-dial for future speeches.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I don't post much on politics anymore ... mainly because I'm quite satisfied with the current result.

I do make observations of the enemy and their antics/denial, but I sure don't get fired up on their churlish behavior these days - just not worth building up the steam to give a shit.

However, my key takeaway are those former (D)s who are blue collar, working class folks who have got onboard the Trump-train. Some of these folks are in their 80s and remember America as a great nation, winning.

They may not be terribly vocal, but they vote. Even feedback from the SotU speech last night was interesting; seeing more and more support from these folks.

It's very simple ... Trump is saying outloud what no prior politician (D) or (R) would ever dare to say - the plain truth about our Nation and our problems. Add that to the fact that Americans like winners, and Trump has enough support to do what needs to be done.

The Establishment is the problem and it includes career bureaucrats, media, and both the RNC and DNC. Trump disrupts this and I dig it.

I don't argue this any longer; I just smile. Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chuck Schumer in an interview with Matt Lauer:

Lauer: “You didn’t find a lot of reasons to stand and cheer, but give me one thing the president said in that speech last night, Senator, where you found yourself saying ‘Yes! I can join him and get behind him on that issue.'”

Schumer: “I’ll say yes when he comes up with something that really helps working people and says I want to work with Democrats…”

“So in an hour, you didn’t hear one thing that you can stand behind this morning?” Lauer interjected.

“I was touched by the mention of the widow of the brave soldier who died in Yemen and things like that, but no ,” Schumer replied.

http://hotair.com/archives/201...rt-in-trumps-speech/

Schumer is playing a weak hand as if he had a lock on winning. Who are the DEM leaders right now ? Schumer, Pelosi, Warren, Sanders, Perez and Ellison. A lot of Americans aren't buying their crap any more.

Many Americans aren't just "disagreeing" with them, a lot of voters are ignoring them and are uninterested in their message.

posted Hide Post
He can't even say he's on board with reducing the cost of prescription drugs? A comment that got 1/3 to 1/2 the Dems to stand up? Or keeping the pre-existing conditions mandate?

Or spending cray-cray amounts of $ on "infrastructure?"

It isn't like Trump is straight up Libertarian, plenty of more liberal issues there as well.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Anyone wth a triple digit IQ knows why Schumer is acting this way. It certainly has nothing to do with the truth or with helping Americans, I'll tell you that much. Roll Eyes

His behavior, as well as the behavior of his disgusting fellow dems, is no surprise at all. These insects are entirely predictable.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Chuck Schumer in an interview with Matt Lauer:

Lauer: “You didn’t find a lot of reasons to stand and cheer, but give me one thing the president said in that speech last night, Senator, where you found yourself saying ‘Yes! I can join him and get behind him on that issue.'”

Schumer: “I’ll say yes when he comes up with something that really helps working people and says I want to work with Democrats…”

“So in an hour, you didn’t hear one thing that you can stand behind this morning?” Lauer interjected.

“I was touched by the mention of the widow of the brave soldier who died in Yemen and things like that, but no ,” Schumer replied.

http://hotair.com/archives/201...rt-in-trumps-speech/

Schumer is playing a weak hand as if he had a lock on winning. Who are the DEM leaders right now ? Schumer, Pelosi, Warren, Sanders, Perez and Ellison. A lot of Americans aren't buying their crap any more.

Many Americans aren't just "disagreeing" with them, a lot of voters are ignoring them and are uninterested in their message.

Schumer thinks he's winning whenever the camera is on him. That is the center of the universe.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
His behavior on commercial airliners reveals this POS for what he is. Look at how he treats flight attendants and fellow passengers. He's an asshole to those he thinks are below his station, a genuine asshole. It's a matter of record.

It tells you everything about this arrogant prick.

The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
A Jewish friend of mine on Facebook was lamenting about how no leaders have addressed the issue of these recent attacks on cemeteries and Jewish centers. I guess she didn't listen to the speech last night because I'm pretty sure I recall Trump addressing exactly that.

I hope they find the people responsible for these attacks.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post