SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Even VP Pence is playing whack a dolt.

The Vice President‏
@MikePenceVP
Follow
More

CNN is able to find a 15 year-old random Reddit user but has no idea how Donna Brazile got the DNC debate questions??? #CNNBlackmail

9:12 AM - 5 Jul 2017

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Even VP Pence is playing whack a dolt.

The Vice President‏
@MikePenceVP
Follow
More

CNN is able to find a 15 year-old random Reddit user but has no idea how Donna Brazile got the DNC debate questions??? #CNNBlackmail

9:12 AM - 5 Jul 2017

I love this guy!

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

When Jenna Jameson is basically calling you a filthy whore you've hit absolute rock bottom. Big Grin

Posts: 13837 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow. CNN, what absolute dirtbags. Thankfully, Para has expressed my sentiments perfectly so I need not repeat them.

I truly hope--with every morsel of my being--that anyone and anything directly associated with this despicable, duplicitous network soon reaps the consequences of this vile action. Reaps it. To the point that their lives are utterly ruined forever.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
O'Keefe says he has more embarrassment coming for CNN, apparently today.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeef...serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Liberal rag Variety posting the truth...

CNN Faces Backlash After Apology From Reddit User Behind Trump Bodyslam Video

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how CNN got a minor child to agree not to jump on them.

Perhaps he is already emancipated. As anonymous sources report?

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The White House needs to pull CNN's "press" credentials. They are not journalists so they have no need for presidential access. They can continue to write their phony stories and intimidate Americans without being at the press briefings. Oh sure they will scream "suppression" and "1st amendment" but who cares? They care about neither.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
O'Keefe says he has more embarrassment coming for CNN, apparently today.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeef...serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Please let it be Don Lemon, I intensely dislike that smug bastard...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6369 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
I would like to see more of those videos posted by the POTUS.

Yesterday at our family 4th of July celebration we watched it and from the oldest (78 yrs old) to the youngest (15 yrs old) we all laughed our asses off!

CNN goes after a kid for a video that is pro Trump, for the love of God!?!
God bless Trump, may he keep these elitists showing their true colors until they cease to exist.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Report This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The White House needs to pull CNN's "press" credentials. They are not journalists so they have no need for presidential access. They can continue to write their phony stories and intimidate Americans without being at the press briefings. Oh sure they will scream "suppression" and "1st amendment" but who cares? They care about neither.

For the longest time it really bothered me that politicians, media commentators, etc. could sit there on TV and say whatever they wanted with very little resistance. No questions asked, no arguments, they just get to sit there in front of a camera and talk as if what they are saying is the absolute truth.

Now with social media it seems the people can actually respond to these assholes and actually be heard.

Posts: 10195 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz even suggested on Twitter that CNN could have a legal problem.

“Troubling. I assume CNN's lawyers are examining GA § 16-8-16 Theft by extortion. If CNN constructively obtained the gif-maker's IP...it's a GA crime if they threatened to ‘Disseminate any information tending to subject any person to hatred, contempt, or ridicule....’”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ten-reddit-user.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
8chan doxxed all CNN hosts already this morning. Not posting a link - you can find it if you seek it...

Hah! Nothing on Google, I guess CNN threatened them, too! Can't find 8chan.
Here ya go.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31422 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here is the original video of Trump and Vince McMahon in the spoof that was part of WrestleMania 23. (2007)

President Trump and Vince McMahon had a bet where the loser got his head shaved.

https://youtu.be/5NsrwH9I9vE

Donald Trump shaves McMahon's head

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't find 8chan.

8ch.net

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17564 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
8chan doxxed all CNN hosts already this morning. Not posting a link - you can find it if you seek it...

Hah! Nothing on Google, I guess CNN threatened them, too! Can't find 8chan.
Here ya go.

Thanks! It was slow to load, must be a lot of us going after the info. Cool

They even listed Wolf Blitzer's wife's phone number! Not going to repost that, of course, but I bet she's busy now!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9375 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...dit-meme-ben-shapiro

BREAKING: CNN May Have Targeted The WRONG Reddit Meme Creator Over Trump's WWE Tweet

So, after nearly a full day of promoting a story labeling the redoubtable Reddit meme generator HanA**holeSolo the source of President Trump’s WWE vs. CNN logo wrestling gif, it turns out that CNN may have botched the story wrong. HanA**holeSolo apologized for his myriad wrongs and stated that he never meant to promote violence. CNN threatened to out HanA**holeSolo’s identity if he reneged on his apology.

And the meme Trump tweeted wasn’t generated by HanA**holeSolo. CNN shot first.

According to BuzzFeed, “one user pointed out that what Trump tweeted wasn’t actually HanA**holeSolo’s GIF.” Trump’s gif included both video and audio – whereas the Rebel smuggler wannabe’s gif did not include audio.

Furthermore, the original HanA**holeSolo gif “was shorter, had a different aspect ratio, and had a WWE logo in the corner…Not even the colors are processed in the same manner… HanAssholeSolo's GIF has an NTSC aspect ratio, because it was cut directly from a taping of analog Westlemania footage. Trump's video has an aspect ratio of 16:9.”
BuzzFeed continues:

Someone downloaded the GIF that HanAssholeSolo originally posted to Reddit. Then that person cropped it to better fit a video player like Facebook or YouTube. Then they went through the effort of syncing it back up with audio from the original clip. Then that person put it somewhere where Trump or one of Trump's people could see it and download it. Then whoever found the video version had to get it to Trump's phone.

Or it’s possible that someone went looking for the same WWE clip to imitate the HanA**holeSolo meme. BuzzFeed suggests that the actual gif came from Facebook, not Reddit. In any case, it’s not quite as simple as Trump grabbing the meme and retweeting it to the world.

Which means that even CNN’s take – that Trump is somehow responsible for the other content from HanA**holeSolo – wouldn’t make any sense. If Trump never saw the original meme, why would he possibly be expected to know what else the original guy was putting out?

Oopsies.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
The NYT has published a piece covering the CNN blackmail story that's rather appologetic regarding CNN's bad behavior (yeah, what else would you expect?): LINK

Here's an extract containing some of the "what they did is not so bad" stuff:

quote:
. . .Andrew Seaman, the ethics chair of the Society for Professional Journalists, said in a blog post that tying the source’s anonymity to future behavior was odd, but not unethical.

“Journalists should support the open and civil exchange of views, but their role is debatable when they try to police good conduct on other platforms,” he wrote. “Additionally, where would these types of agreements with sources end? Would journalists agree not to identify a thief because he or she promised never to steal again?”

Readers often greet anonymous sources with suspicion, and journalism ethicists often scrutinize the practice, but newsrooms still rely on them when significant stories would otherwise go untold. In most cases, as when someone is in a war zone or is discussing sensitive political matters, anonymity is granted because the sources fear retribution that would compromise their physical safety or haveprofessional consequences.

Indira Lakshmanan, the Newmark chair in journalism ethics at the nonprofit Poynter Institute, said the CNN story was newsworthy and that there were legitimate reasons to shield the Reddit user’s identity, since journalists have a responsibility to minimize harm to private citizens.

But she said the condition of the anonymity in the CNN story was “awkwardly written,” unusual and unnecessary.

“There are a whole host of reasons we protect identities,” she said. “The whole reason of someone stepping out of line is not usually one of those things.”

Ben Smith, the editor in chief of BuzzFeed, where Mr. Kaczynski used to work, defended his former reporter, as did the conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. . .

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
in the tweeted video right/left has been reversed from the original at WrestleMania 23.

in the original Donald Trump uses his R hand to "hit" Vince McMahon

in the tweet he uses his left.

Also in the tweet the words on the banner are backwards

original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...9vE&feature=youtu.be

In 2007 this was all part of a publicity build up between Trump and McMahon. WrestleMania was in Trump properties. Trump and McMahon bet that whoever's wrestler won, the other would have to shave his hair.

Trump shaves McMahon's hair in the video.

BTW Linda McMahon is now Administrator of the Small Business Administration