SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I could not watch it all the way through. What a vile hag.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Speaking of vile hags:

quote:
DEMOCRATS COME UP WITH A PRACTICAL WAY TO “BANISH” TRUMP: WITCHCRAFT
Tonight is the big night: all across the country, witches will gather to light candles and mutter incantations in hopes of evicting President Trump from the White House:

Men and women from around the world are planning to gather and cast a spell at midnight that will stop President Trump from doing harm while also possibly banishing him from office.

Mass rituals have also been planned in multiple covens, during which men and women will perform a spell to bind President Trump and all those who abet him by delivering a chant and holding a brief ceremony.

This is not an exclusive witches-only event wither, with Wiccans, shamans, Heremeticists, cunning folk, sorcerers and sorceresses, hoodooists, occultists, magicians, Ceremonialists and Ritualists also invited and urged to take part.

The idea is that these witchcraft events will continue until Trump is “driven from office.”

Link

It's after midnight EST. Has Trump burst into flame yet?

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
By the actions of the witches, Trump can do no wrong. Everything he does from here on out must there for be good.

maybe they should have done this to obama.

Posts: 726 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 01, 2004Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Imagine what things would be like right now if Clinton had won.

I want to keep this thought before me every day. Every day. We will all need this thought to sustain us through the nonstop lies and attacks against the President.

Every time I see her sour puss on tv I think the exact same thing. HRC winning would have been a complete 180 degree turn from where we are heading right now. 50 years from now people will look back at this as one of the most important moments in US history.

Trump has had to put up with bullshit attacks is entire career so I'm confident he knows how to deal with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I took this picture yesterday immediately after Trump's CPAC speech.

That was CNN's response to his CPAC speech. Out of all that was talked about, they focus on about a 45 second segment of a 25 minute speech. And they wonder why they get treated the way that they do, fake news and whatnot.

They just don't get it. I hope that they, and Chuck Schemer continue full speed ahead. We need to pick up more seats in the 2018 elections........

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
. . .They just don't get it. I hope that they, and Chuck Schemer continue full speed ahead. We need to pick up more seats in the 2018 elections........

That's right, the MSM mavens truly do NOT "get it". And they are not the only popular culture icons that don't. There's hardly an actor or director or producer in Hollywood who gets it either. They think us Trump-voting middle-America folks are heartless, racist, sexist, nationalist "fanatics".

Consider this coverage of the upcoming Oscars: LINK.

quote:
Oscar foreign language film nominees decry fanaticism in U.S.
Bill Keveney , USA TODAY Published 9:25 p.m. ET Feb. 24, 2017 | Updated 43 minutes ago

The heavy political overtones accompanying this year's Academy Awards became evident in advance of Sunday's ceremony, as directors of the five foreign-language film nominees Friday issued an unprecedented advance statement condemning "the climate of fanaticism and nationalism" in the U.S. and other countries.

They dedicated the Oscar, no matter which film wins, to those working toward unity.

They directors symbolically rejected the borders that define their category's nominees, saying, "We believe there is no best country, best gender, best religion or best color. We want this award to stand as a symbol of the unity between nations and the freedom of the arts."

The statement does not name President Trump but points in his direction, referring to an unhealthy climate stoked by parts of the population, "including leading politicians."

Asghar Farhadi, who wrote and directed The Salesman, Iran's entry in the foreign-film category, said last month he would not attend Sunday's ceremony in Los Angeles after President Trump signed an executive order temporarily barring citizens of certain countries from entering the U.S.

The statement could be a preview of a similar comments during Sunday's Oscar speeches, as many actors have been speaking out on political matters, as exemplified by Meryl Streep at January's Golden Globes, in reaction to the election of President Trump, whom many in the entertainment community oppose.

On Friday, Farhadi joined with the other directors — Martin Zandvliet, Land of Mine (Denmark); Hannes Holm, A Man Called Ove (Sweden); Maren Ade, Toni Erdmann (Germany) and Marin Butler and Bentley Dean, Tanna (Australia) — to decry division and dedicate themselves to using the power of film to bring people together.

The statement opens with a condemnation of the political mood: "On behalf of all nominees, we would like to express our unanimous and emphatic disapproval of the climate of fanaticism and nationalism we see today in the U.S. and in so many other countries, in parts of the population and, most unfortunately of all, among leading politicians."

The directors then spoke against division by gender, race, religion and other categories.

"The fear generated by dividing us into genders, colors, religions and sexualities as a means to justify violence destroys the things that we depend on — not only as artists but as humans: the diversity of cultures, the chance to be enriched by something seemingly 'foreign' and the belief that human encounters can change us for the better. These divisive walls prevent people from experiencing something simple but fundamental: from discovering that we are all not so different," they write.

They said they will use their filmmaking talents to explore the lives of different people and cultures in the hope that that will lead to greater understanding. "Although we don`t want to overestimate the power of movies, we do believe that no other medium can offer such deep insight into other people’s circumstances and transform feelings of unfamiliarity into curiosity, empathy and compassion — even for those we have been told are our enemies."

They concluded the statement with a plea on behalf of respecting human rights and dedicated the Oscar to those working for unity and human dignity.

"Human rights are not something you have to apply for. They simply exist — for everybody. For this reason, we dedicate this award to all the people, artists, journalists and activists who are working to foster unity and understanding, and who uphold freedom of expression and human dignity — values whose protection is now more important than ever. By dedicating the Oscar to them, we wish to express to them our deep respect and solidarity."

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
In re: the rant above: That is the most incoherent, ignorant, divisive diatribe I've ever read.

And by the way 'foreign movie makers', whatever happens here is none of your business.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Washington Post hires John Podesta as a contributing columnist.

http://thehill.com/media/32082...podesta-as-columnist

John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's former presidential campaign chairman

The 68-year-old Chicago native served as chief of staff to President Bill Clinton and was a counselor to President Obama.

diff topic. just noticed that former WH communications director Jen Psaki now works for CNN

posted Hide Post
I try very hard to not allow my brain to even think about any of the Clinton tribe. I want to think only of DJT and what is ahead of us in this Country. It is so hard to realize that he has been our President(doesn't that sound great?)for such a short time, yet has accomplished so much.

I don't know if my system can tolerate 8 years of WINNING!! Of course, there will be setbacks, but Trump is not a quitter. Sometimes I think he likes the left coming after him, just so he can burn them down. It is a wonderful time to be a gun owning American!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Trump announces that he is not going to the nonsensical White House Correspondent's dinner and then follows it up with a great zinger..

and then the zinger Big Grin :

Note on the timing:

Now all the headlines are about Trump and the dinner and no one is talking about the DNC election. Masterful use of the media - even his detractors have to admit that no one is better at manipulating or using the media.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am glad he is not attending the correspondents dinner.

It is a waste of a president's time when there is real work to be done.

Remember when they embarrassed President Trump by saying he was running as a "joke"?

Screw em. Let's not smile and pretend this isn't all out political war.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Is Darrell Issa serious? Republicans eat their own and hide in the corner when someone else is in charge.

http://www.politico.com/story/...al-prosecutor-235387

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Is Darrell Issa serious? Republicans eat their own and hide in the corner when someone else is in charge.

In his defense, he MAY be asking for a special prosecutor so no one will accuse anyone in the administration of interfering, and take away some of the D's ammo, just a thought.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Remember when they embarrassed President Trump by saying he was running as a "joke"?

Joke was on them, right?

I watched that segment a few times, and came away with the impression that the decision of running for President occurred right then and there. It was game on, and just a matter of launching the project in the most promising abd effective way.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Darrell Issa is correct though I would exclude the "when someone else is in charge". They eat their own regardless of who is in charge. Republican politicians have a terrible tendancey to be their own worst enemies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Too bad he's not going. Last year it was rough. I have watched this dinner my whole life and always thought it was good for us to laugh at ourselves and gather in an evening of laughter.

Times are different right now and we don't have the likes of Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Milton Berle or Danny Kaye anymore.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:

In his defense, he MAY be asking for a special prosecutor so no one will accuse anyone in the administration of interfering, and take away some of the D's ammo, just a thought.

In my view, this whole Russian crap is nothing but that. CRAP.

Being pushed by establishment GOPe and dimrats.

Anything to try to impede Trump.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
quote:

I agree, but if they MUST do an "investigation"....

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
quote:

I agree, but if they MUST do an "investigation"....

Why should they investigate this any differently than the dems investigated fast and furious, Clinton emails, IRS targeting of political opposition or any of the other investigations that should have been done and impartially.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post