SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
What happened to Rudy G? He sure disappeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF2k11QQW0g

He spent a lot of time on the campaign trail and probably seen enough of the rat race. Smile

Trump finally finds Rudy Giuliani a job -- in cybersecurity

The former New York City mayor will serve as a bridge between Trump's team and the private sector.
Security

Alfred Ng mugshot
by Alfred Ng
January 12, 2017 8:25 AM PST
@alfredwkng

Donald Trump is calling on former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani to be his Silicon Valley whisperer.

The president-elect's transition team said Thursday that Giuliani would be helping shape Trump's cybersecurity efforts by reaching out to corporate leaders and tech experts, and gathering them together for a series of meetings. The former mayor will also be advising Trump's team on cybersecurity issues, which the president-elect has vowed to fix.

Giuliani likely won't get deep in the cybersecurity weeds himself. Trump is looking to hear about challenges that companies are facing and how they deal with them.

"The answer to cybersecurity is going to be found in the private sector," Giuliani told Fox News on Thursday. "The idea is to bring together corporate leaders and their technological people. The president will meet with them on an ongoing basis."

(For more on Giuliani's thoughts about cybersecurity, check out his conversation with CNET sister site TechRepublic at CES last week.)

Giuliani was a confidante of Trump during the presidential campaign. For a while, he was under consideration for a high-level position, including attorney general and secretary of state.

Cybersecurity has become a critical issue for Trump. Last week, US intelligence agencies said Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered "unprecedented" hacking and propaganda campaigns leading up to the 2016 elections. And over the last few years, widespread activity by a range of hackers has exposed the personal information of private citizens, the revealing photographs of Hollywood celebrities and the trade secrets of businesses large and small.

Trump's cyberdefenses are expected to be headed up by, among others, Rep. Mike Pompeo and Sen. Dan Coats, whom the president-elect has appointed as CIA director and National Intelligence director, respectively. During a press conference Wednesday, Trump criticized the US government for having "the worst" cybersecurity and promised delivery of a report on US cybersecurity vulnerabilities within 90 days.

In November, Giuliani told Fox News in November he'd "love to become the person that comes up with a solution to cybersecurity." He's been the cybersecurity chair for the Greenberg Traurig law firm since last January. Prior to that, Giuliani had been New York City's mayor, a US associate attorney general and chief of the office's narcotics unit.

He'll serve as a bridge between Trump's administration and these tech companies, similar to the role PayPal founder Peter Thiel played during the president-elect's transition.

Giuliani will have a tough task ahead of him. Trump has been at odds with the tech community during his rise to the White House, with tech workers vowing not to build a Muslim tracking database and penning open letters calling him a "disaster for innovation."

https://www.cnet.com/news/dona...bersecurity-efforts/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Tonight on Brett Baier's show, Krauthammer suggested that the new immigration Executive Order include language to the effect that "people who have a visa can keep their visa." Big Grin

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
http://www.washingtonexaminer....rump/article/2612814

I believe we discussed this last month.

In my capacity here as an administrator I have, from time to time, occasion to speak to the good people at the United States Secret Service. Today, I asked a USSS special agent about the disposition of this matter. He told me it is being investigated as a personnel issue and therefore cannot be discussed at this time with the public, but that the agent in question is not currently assigned to any protective duties and is no longer attached to the Denver field office of the USSS.

He also suggested to me that an effective way to voice my concerns is to contact the Secret Service Office of Government and Public Affairs in D.C. 202-406-5708

The American public has a notoriously short attention span, and it concerned me when I thought to check on this story but could find nothing new about it online after the initial spate of articles at the end of January.

Y'know, right now, agent O'Grady is trying to get past this and hoping it will just quietly go away.

Don't let it. 202-406-5708

Thanks for posting the contact information.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Regarding the latest spying....straight out of a Clancy or Ludlum novel.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...e-home-to-roost.html

http://video.foxnews.com/v/533...7001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
How to spot a snowflake! Big Grin

Posts: 5763 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
What happened to the new EO on the 7 countries?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
It changed into a bird and flew away.

No wait, sorry. That was Little Big Man.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
It changed into a bird and flew away.

No wait, sorry. That was Little Big Man.

Haha..

Paragon, I believe he is scheduled to sign the new EO tomorrow, Friday.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
On C-SPAN right now: Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus at CPAC.

Posts: 18074 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Steve Bannon at CPAC: We want you to have our back, but more importantly, we want you to hold us accountable to the promises we've made to the American people.

Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/MKG7CZfC0JQ

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...riebus-address-cpac/

White House Chief Strategist Stephen K. Bannon and White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus received a standing ovation and a heroes’ welcome at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Thursday afternoon.
Bannon joked that he had graduated from the ranks of the “uninvited” — the title of an alternative conference that he led as the executive chairman of Breitbart News, which featured speakers who had been left off the CPAC agenda.

Asked by American Conservative Union chair Matt Schlapp to name the biggest misconception about the Trump White House, and their work together, Priebus replied: “Everything.”

Bannon agreed, repeating one of his most controversial lines of President Donald Trump’s administration thus far, greeting “the opposition” — the media — in the back of the room. He referred to them as such throughout his remarks, recalling how the “opposition party” had constantly disparaged the Trump campaign, to no avail.

“If you want to see the Trump agenda, it’s pretty simple,” he said. “It’s all in the speeches.” He added: “Our job, every day, is to execute on that.”

But the “opposition party” missed the story, he said. “Just like they were dead wrong on the cast of the campaign, just like they were dead wrong on the cast of the transition, they are absolutely wrong about what’s going on today.”

Bannon outlined the administration’s approach to implementing its agenda, including what he termed the historically significant withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which he said would be replaced by bilateral trade arrangements.

He said that Trump’s Cabinet appointees would lead the “deconstruction” of the “adminstrative state.”

Priebus, picking up on that theme, proudly described Trump’s executive order requiring that for every new regulation promulgated by federal agencies, two old regulations had to be repealed.

When Schlapp asked what the media kept missing about Trump, Priebus pointed out that the media were constantly underestimating Trump’s chances — first of winning the Republican nomination, then of winning the presidency, then of governing successfully. He expressed hope that the media would improve.

Bannon, noting that he and Priebus could disagree and still work together, offered a different outlook on media bias: “It’s not only not going to get better, it’s going to get worse every day,” he said, adding that the “corporatist, globalist media” were opposed to change.

Conservatives, Bannon told the audience to applause, would have to remain active and involved. “ If you think you’re going to get your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken .”

He asked the audience to have the administration’s back — but asked them: “Hold us accountable.”

Asked to say what they liked best about each other, Priebus praised Bannon, “a very dear friend,” for being loyal and “extremely consistent.”

Bannon praised Priebus for being “indefatigable” and “steady” under intense pressure. “I can run a little hot sometimes,” he joked. “Reince has been unwavering.”

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From Washington Post: "‘Demonic activity was palpable’ at Trump’s rally, pastor says"
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Full article....ie wall of text!

quote:
A Florida pastor who took his 11-year-old daughter to a campaign-style rally for President Trump said he hoped the event would serve as a civics lesson — but that it turned instead into a spectacle where “demonic activity was palpable.”

Joel Tooley, lead pastor at Melbourne First Church of the Nazarene in eastern Florida, said that when he heard that the president and first lady would be passing through town, he decided to go see them in person.

“I am enough of a sentimentalist that when I found out THEEEE President was coming to town, I got online quickly and reserved two tickets,” he wrote on Facebook.

But the rally last weekend was not what the pastor had in mind.

“As people were coming in, there was a lot of excitement and a strong sense of patriotism,” Tooley wrote.

However, during a rendition of “God Bless the USA,” some attendees began to sing along and raise their hands in an almost religious way.

“People were being ushered into a deeply religious experience,” Tooley wrote, “and it made me completely uncomfortable.

“I love my country; I honor those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom and I respect our history and what we stand for, but what I experienced in that moment sent shivers down my spine. I felt like people were here to worship an ideology along with the man who was leading it. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t the song per se — it was this inexplicable movement that was happening in the room. It was a religious zeal.”

Tooley could not immediately be reached, and the White House did not immediately respond to a request for a comment.

[An anti-Trump disabled boy was booed at a rally. The next day, he got to meet President Obama.]

On Saturday, Tooley said, he talked his daughter into going with him to the rally in Melbourne, near Orlando.

“After all, how many times do you get to see the President of the United States in person — let alone in your hometown?” Tooley wrote. “I was eager for her to have this experience. It has to be a pretty cool thing, as a kid to see Air Force One, the President and the First Lady.”

Once the duo made it through the lengthy line, he said, they were handed pom-poms and signs saying “Make America Great Again!”

They were then ushered into a massive crowd at Orlando Melbourne International Airport.

The music, he said, moved from patriotic to pep rally — “more Star Wars themed.” Then Air Force One rolled up to the hangar.

“As they entered the venue and walked to the platform, there was terrific celebration,” Tooley wrote. “I have been in the room when other Presidents were in a similar mode — it is always such a meaningful experience to be that close to them, regardless of whether or not you view them with adoration. Theeeee President of the USA!”

“The First Lady approached the platform and in her rich accent, began to recite the Lord’s prayer,” he added. “I can’t explain it, but I felt sick. This wasn’t a prayer beseeching the presence of Almighty God, it felt theatrical and manipulative. People across the room were reciting it as if it were a pep squad cheer. At the close of the prayer, the room erupted in cheering. It was so uncomfortable. I observed that Mr. Trump did not recite the prayer until the very last line, ‘be the glory forever and ever, amen!’ As he raised his hands in the air, evoking a cheer from the crowd, ‘USA! USA! USA!’ ”

Trump told the crowd he wanted to speak of “our incredible progress in making America great again” — but “without the filter of the ‘fake news.’”

Although the past several presidents have waited more than two years each before jumping back onto the campaign trail, Trump’s first four weeks in office have shown that he just can’t stand too much time in Washington, as The Washington Post’s Jenna Johnson reported.

One adviser calls political rallies the president’s “oxygen” — and Trump seemed to direly need a deep inhalation following a week that included his national security adviser resigning and his top replacement pick turning him down, his nominee for labor secretary withdrawing from consideration and accusations involving his campaign and Russia.

“Life is a campaign,” the president told reporters aboard Air Force One. “Making our country great again is a campaign. For me, it’s a campaign.”

[‘Life is a campaign’: After a difficult first month, Trump returns to his comfort zone]

Acts of Faith newsletter

Conversations about faith and values.

During the presidential rally, Tooley said, that Trump’s speech evoked an “angry response from the crowd” toward others.

He wrote:

I heard two ladies off to my left chanting, not yelling or screaming but chanting, “T-R … U-M-P; that’s how you spell — bigotry!” They repeated the rhyme over and over.

Two ladies in front of them began seething and screaming in their face while shaking their Trump signs at them. Another couple standing behind them started screaming at them as well. One of the chanting ladies had her eight-year-old daughter on her back; the other had a severely disabled child in a wheelchair in front of her. As they continued chanting, the people around them became violently enraged. One angry man grabbed the lady’s arm — that’s when I went into action. I barged through the crowd and yelled at them to back off. My heart wasn’t racing; I just instinctively became a protector.

I didn’t actually want a Trump sign, but one of the volunteers had shoved it into my hands as I walked through the door earlier; “Make America Great Again!” That sign probably saved someone from getting hurt. I held the sign close to my chest as I positioned myself between the chanting protesters and the angry mob. My 11-year-old daughter was clinging to my arm, sobbing in fear.

The two angry, screaming ladies looked at me, both of them raised their middle finger at me in my face and repeatedly yelled, “F*#% YOU!” Repeatedly.

I calmly responded, “No thank you, I’m happily married.” Their faces and their voices were filled with demonic anger.

I have been in places and experiences before where demonic activity was palpable. The power of the Holy Spirit of God was protecting me in those moments and was once again protecting me and my daughter in this moment.

I raised my voice and calmly said, “These ladies have the right to do what they are doing and they are harming no one; this is America and they a right to express themselves in this way. They are harming no one.” A couple of other people around me stepped in and supported me in protecting them as a barrier, as well.

My daughter was shaking in fear as she clung to me. The one man behind the protesters shoved himself forward, grabbed the lady by the arm and screamed with multiple expletives, “I’m going to take you out! This is my president and nobody has the right to disrespect him and nobody has the right to keep me from hearing him!”

“I’m trying to separate how I actually feel about this man and his campaignisms,” Tooley wrote. “I know why people voted for him; I know why people voted against his opponent. But, at the end of the day, what I felt from his leadership in this experience was actually horrifying. There was palpable fear in the room. There was thick anger and vengeance. He was counting on it. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say that it would not have taken very much for him to have called this group of people into some kind of riotous reaction.”

WP Linky

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gersh, is that you, babe?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't say I'm surprised:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...omes-under-fire.html

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Parents and educators who lied to and created these fearful snowflake children should be ashamed of themselves.

While the reality is this is child abuse, they think a child spewing Trump hate is "cute".

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31426 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
While the reality is this is child abuse...
Absolutely, and they should be ashamed of themselves for involving children in their insane shit, but they're perfectly fine with it.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Parents and educators who lied to and created these fearful snowflake children should be ashamed of themselves.

While the reality is this is child abuse, they think a child spewing Trump hate is "cute".

They need to be dick punched.

This is all stuff spoon fed to these kids. The parents and educators should have instilled a sense of respect for the highest office in the land, not brainwashed their kids.

I really hope Trump doesn't kick down that poor kids door and hurt his family Roll Eyes

Where do these adults sniveling bitches get their information they are teaching their kids?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't say I'm surprised:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...omes-under-fire.html

If the chirren are that scared, it's NBC's fault, nothing Trump has said or done.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
This is a typical leftist lie. It never happened. It has the same delusional fantasy quality as a Penthouse Forums letter. But at least those were entertaining. This is just sad.

quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
From Washington Post:

I heard two ladies off to my left chanting, not yelling or screaming but chanting, “T-R … U-M-P; that’s how you spell — bigotry!” They repeated the rhyme over and over.

Two ladies in front of them began seething and screaming in their face while shaking their Trump signs at them. Another couple standing behind them started screaming at them as well. One of the chanting ladies had her eight-year-old daughter on her back; the other had a severely disabled child in a wheelchair in front of her. As they continued chanting, the people around them became violently enraged. One angry man grabbed the lady’s arm — that’s when I went into action. I barged through the crowd and yelled at them to back off. My heart wasn’t racing; I just instinctively became a protector.

I didn’t actually want a Trump sign, but one of the volunteers had shoved it into my hands as I walked through the door earlier; “Make America Great Again!” That sign probably saved someone from getting hurt. I held the sign close to my chest as I positioned myself between the chanting protesters and the angry mob. My 11-year-old daughter was clinging to my arm, sobbing in fear.

The two angry, screaming ladies looked at me, both of them raised their middle finger at me in my face and repeatedly yelled, “F*#% YOU!” Repeatedly.

I calmly responded, “No thank you, I’m happily married.” Their faces and their voices were filled with demonic anger.

I have been in places and experiences before where demonic activity was palpable. The power of the Holy Spirit of God was protecting me in those moments and was once again protecting me and my daughter in this moment.

I raised my voice and calmly said, “These ladies have the right to do what they are doing and they are harming no one; this is America and they a right to express themselves in this way. They are harming no one.” A couple of other people around me stepped in and supported me in protecting them as a barrier, as well.

My daughter was shaking in fear as she clung to me. The one man behind the protesters shoved himself forward, grabbed the lady by the arm and screamed with multiple expletives, “I’m going to take you out! This is my president and nobody has the right to disrespect him and nobody has the right to keep me from hearing him!”

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post