SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse Login/Join 
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I’m not going to try to parse out all the reasons why we should or shouldn’t believe the Black Rifle Coffee Company is a true supporter of gun rights issues (and which involve far more than the Second Amendment), but I am curious why so many gun owners believe that they should line up in support of Mr. Rittenhouse and what he did that night.

In the first place it seems to have been clearly established that he was breaking at least one law by being in possession of a firearm that night. Yes, I know that that was not always the case in this country, but despite what the anarchists on both the left and right believe, such laws very often exist for good reason. The good reason in this case was that children generally lack the maturity, judgment, and knowledge to handle and use firearms safely and responsibly without being supervised—and much less do they possess all those things to permit them to defend themselves except in very limited situations such as home invasions. Being a child, he himself probably assumed that he had all those things because most young people his age assume they have everything figured out, but anyone else who was associated with him should have known better.

We know that during the last shooting incident the boy was probably justifiably acting in self-defense; the shooting before may have been an accident caused by the man who was shot when he grabbed the rifle. But what about the first? That man was chasing the child, but did that justify a deadly force response? As far as I can determine, we don’t know the last moments of what led to that shooting. What if the boy fired after the man had stopped the chase and even started to retreat? Should we, as many do, assume that it was a righteous self-defense shoot?

We also don’t know what led to the boy’s being chased in the first place, at least not from what I can determine. Did he provoke it by threatening someone himself? And returning to judgment and maturity, he was evidently walking around through the demonstrators with the weapon rather than staying and defending the establishment, which was supposedly the reason he was there in the first place. And yes, he had the right to do that, but no one is required to support the actions of someone who makes bad decisions, no matter how much of a right it may be to make them. People have the right to do countless dangerous things that often lead to their deaths, and more often than not their poor decisions are rightfully criticized here.

My point is that I see no reason why Rittenhouse should be the (literal) poster child of gun ownership rights at this point, and I understand why people and companies would be agnostic in their support of him and his actions.

"That man was chasing the child" Eek

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bjor13:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I’m not going to try to parse out all the reasons why we should or shouldn’t believe the Black Rifle Coffee Company is a true supporter of gun rights issues (and which involve far more than the Second Amendment), but I am curious why so many gun owners believe that they should line up in support of Mr. Rittenhouse and what he did that night.

In the first place it seems to have been clearly established that he was breaking at least one law by being in possession of a firearm that night. Yes, I know that that was not always the case in this country, but despite what the anarchists on both the left and right believe, such laws very often exist for good reason. The good reason in this case was that children generally lack the maturity, judgment, and knowledge to handle and use firearms safely and responsibly without being supervised—and much less do they possess all those things to permit them to defend themselves except in very limited situations such as home invasions. Being a child, he himself probably assumed that he had all those things because most young people his age assume they have everything figured out, but anyone else who was associated with him should have known better.

We know that during the last shooting incident the boy was probably justifiably acting in self-defense; the shooting before may have been an accident caused by the man who was shot when he grabbed the rifle. But what about the first? That man was chasing the child, but did that justify a deadly force response? As far as I can determine, we don’t know the last moments of what led to that shooting. What if the boy fired after the man had stopped the chase and even started to retreat? Should we, as many do, assume that it was a righteous self-defense shoot?

We also don’t know what led to the boy’s being chased in the first place, at least not from what I can determine. Did he provoke it by threatening someone himself? And returning to judgment and maturity, he was evidently walking around through the demonstrators with the weapon rather than staying and defending the establishment, which was supposedly the reason he was there in the first place. And yes, he had the right to do that, but no one is required to support the actions of someone who makes bad decisions, no matter how much of a right it may be to make them. People have the right to do countless dangerous things that often lead to their deaths, and more often than not their poor decisions are rightfully criticized here.

My point is that I see no reason why Rittenhouse should be the (literal) poster child of gun ownership rights at this point, and I understand why people and companies would be agnostic in their support of him and his actions.

"That man was chasing the child" Eek

Not only that ^^^^

Sigfreund this could easily be written by just about any anti-gun group. Eek Eek

I disagree with just about every point except that I still support BRCC.

quote:
I understand why people and companies would be agnostic in their support of him and his actions.

I don't think you do, the reason for non-support is strictly not to poke the bear in the woke crowd causing a tidal wave of cancel culture.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Don’t freeze your beans.

That runs counter to all other advice I've read anywhere, as well as my own experience.

Nope freezing does no good.

I guess this is something else about which we will have to agree to disagree Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Make your own choices, but some of what I see with this is too close to the “cancel” BS we all dislike so much. I don’t know what the facts are beyond the Rittenhouse statements from BRCC - but will say I won’t take a NYT article as accurate. I’ll go do my own research from multiple sources and try to puzzle through what I think was actually said, meant, and actions.

I like the BRCC coffee, I like the support they provide to Veterans, and somewhat doubt they waffle on 2A support. As everyone on this board says - do your own research, draw your own conclusion. Personally I don’t feel like I have a dog in this hunt - they aren’t on a pedestal for me at least, just another company. But I won’t just play along with “cancel” stuff I dislike so much either. My 2-cents.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pardon me? Just who is "cancelling" them? Given their pandering to a terrorst group and the outright insulting of their customer base, I'd say that any customers of these ASSHOLES are entirely justified in taking their business elsewhere. This isn't leftists pissing about a 12 year old facebook post in which someone says they don't like Castro's beard, and then destroying that person's life. Not even close.

What about people like me, who've never done any business with these ASSHOLES? If I continue to not buy their products, am I, too, guilty of being part of "cancel culture"?

You're an American? A gun owner? If you want to make excuses for these ASSHOLES who support groups that are attempting to destroy this country, and if you want to give your money to someone who is telling you "Thanks for supporting my business, but fuck off" well, that's your business, but you can bet your bottom dollar that you are not representative of the attitude towards these ASSHOLES.

And, oh, if it's all a big misunderstanding Roll Eyes I'm certain we'll get a statement of clarification from these ASSHOLES, and then all will be right with the world. Yeah, don't hold your breath.

Imagine naming your company "black rifle" something or other, and then becoming indignant when gun owners glom onto your brand. Roll Eyes How phony can you get?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
My favorite local gun store/indoor range used to carry Black Rifle Coffee but after the Rittenhouse thing, they dropped it and now carry another brand.

They don't support those who don't support us.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Hafer was just on the Limbaugh replacement show, Buck Sexton and Clay Travis, apparently BRC is an advertiser.

As a non-coffee drinker, I was only listening so closely but Hafer claims that he discussed his distaste for anti-Semitism in an interview with the NY Times and the NY Times conflated Hafer's comments to cover a much broader range of conservative values aspersions.

So he said/they said and the running dog media's history of slamming the right is a given but Buck and Clay's sycophancy with Hafer was pretty heavy handed as well. No dog in this fight here but this is BRC's latest response.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I would encourage all of you disgruntled BRC coffee drinkers to switch to Peets or Caribou brand coffee as we carry both brands in our distribution business and is my wife’s income. I’m retired. Besides I’m a damn nice guy and my wife is a fine woman. We welcome the support! Smile

Where to buy, so that I can be sure you and yours actually do benefit from my purchase? Please and thank you!

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I haven't been following the BRCC controversy at all, but I will say that from what little I've read, they sound pretty phony. I have bought 3 different varieties of their coffee in the past but was not impressed, so we stopped buying it. My wife and I are pretty picky about our coffee, and what we tried from BRCC wasn't bad but wasn't anything special.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Hafer was just on the Limbaugh replacement show, Buck Sexton and Clay Travis, apparently BRC is an advertiser.

As a non-coffee drinker, I was only listening so closely but Hafer claims that he discussed his distaste for anti-Semitism in an interview with the NY Times and the NY Times conflated Hafer's comments to cover a much broader range of conservative values aspersions.

So he said/they said and the running dog media's history of slamming the right is a given but Buck and Clay's sycophancy with Hafer was pretty heavy handed as well. No dog in this fight here but this is BRC's latest response.

Since when is Anti-Semitism considered a Conservative Values Aspersion....NEVER! Roll Eyes

In case there was any question, this is what he is quoted as saying:

“You can’t let sections of your customers hijack your brand and say, ‘This is who you are,’” Best told me. “It’s like, no, no, we define that.” The Rittenhouse episode may have cost the company thousands of customers, but, Hafer believed, it also allowed Black Rifle to draw a line in the sand. “It’s such a repugnant group of people,” Hafer said. “It’s like the worst of American society, and I got to flush the toilet of some of those people that kind of hijacked portions of the brand.” Then again, what Hafer insisted was a “superclear delineation” was not too clear to everyone, as Munchel’s choice of headgear vividly demonstrated.

“The racism [expletive] really pisses me off,” Hafer said. “I hate racist, Proud Boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.”

He should sue the NYT for liable is he did NOT say that....I'll wait! Roll Eyes

In the mean time, Evan Hafer can eat a Bag of Dicks!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Since when is Anti-Semitism considered a Conservative Values Aspersion....NEVER! Roll Eyes

To be clear, it was my take that Hafer claims the NY Times took that ball and ran with it. No real pushback from Sexton and Travis who, after the break, continued to tout BRC despite Hafer being gone by then.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

To be clear, it was my take that Hafer claims the NY Times took that ball and ran with it. No real pushback from Sexton and Travis who, after the break, continued to tout BRC despite Hafer being gone by then.

Well duh. Of course they suck up to their advertisers.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe BRCC has said more than enough for folks to make an informed decision in regards to supporting their brand.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I guess this is something else about which we will have to agree to disagree Smile

While I have an incredible amount of experience in this field as it was my profession and passion for many years, if you have a process that works for you, stick with it.
I guarantee I would taste the difference.
My advice is only worth what you paid for it. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, a 'Beancooker' was he... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hafer said he learned from a friend at the Pentagon that an image of St. Michael trampling on Satan had been embraced by white supremacists because it was reminiscent of the murder of George Floyd. Now any plans for the coffee bag had been scrapped. “This won’t see the light of day,” Hafer said.

Talk about hearsay. I hope this friend at the Pentagon (if this friend even exists) never goes to the Louvre in Paris...

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
They retweeted an article that was twisted? Sure...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Pardon me? Just who is "cancelling" them? Given their pandering to a terrorst group and the outright insulting of their customer base, I'd say that any customers of these ASSHOLES are entirely justified in taking their business elsewhere. This isn't leftists pissing about a 12 year old facebook post in which someone says they don't like Castro's beard, and then destroying that person's life. Not even close.

What about people like me, who've never done any business with these ASSHOLES? If I continue to not buy their products, am I, too, guilty of being part of "cancel culture"?

You're an American? A gun owner? If you want to make excuses for these ASSHOLES who support groups that are attempting to destroy this country, and if you want to give your money to someone who is telling you "Thanks for supporting my business, but fuck off" well, that's your business, but you can bet your bottom dollar that you are not representative of the attitude towards these ASSHOLES.

And, oh, if it's all a big misunderstanding Roll Eyes I'm certain we'll get a statement of clarification from these ASSHOLES, and then all will be right with the world. Yeah, don't hold your breath.

Imagine naming your company "black rifle" something or other, and then becoming indignant when gun owners glom onto your brand. Roll Eyes How phony can you get?

Exactly
If you're not for us, you're against us.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...DOk&feature=youtu.be

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're not for us, you're against us.

Yep. Hate isn’t a part of conservative politics. His comments about the Proud Boys are telling. At worst, I see what they’ve done as playing a fool’s game. If you buy into the “they’re racists and white supremacists” nonsense, then you’ve eaten the narrative the left has spoon-fed you.

These guys go fuck themselves. As gun owners, we bought into a product pushed by people we thought stood with us in our freedoms, who eventually made it clear that they don’t. Starbucks 2.0, in a way, but this time, it’s worse as they actually postured as pro 2A.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has BRCC explained exactly who these "racists" are who are associated with the Rittenhouse episode? I'm sure there are isolated examples, but they sure do seem to be painting with a very wide brush, which makes them very similar to the liberal opposition. And what exactly does "Proud Boy-ish" mean? That sounds a lot like a liberal talking point. I'm surprised Hafer didn't throw in a Q Anon reference.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post