SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I am tired of this Evan Hafer (CEO) guy sitting around and talking about all he has accomplished.
Why?
You must be kidding. At this point, who in their right mind would want to listen to a single thing he says? Just how fucked by this jerk do you have to be to write him off? What's it gonna take? Maybe some anal... Roll Eyes

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Is there a list of all this fantastically 'good shit'? Maybe someone could enlighten us...

Generally, people that feel the need to go around telling everyone how great they are and spouting off all their 'great accomplishments' are insecure, self consumed attention whore narcissists. More often than not they and their ilk significantly over represent their 'accomplishments', and have a VERY High/often undeserved opinion of themselves.

Brave Patriots that are truly 'accomplished' are most often seen as VERY Humble! So much so that you'd have to pry the details out of them in order to learn of their true greatness. Those are the men (and women) that garner and deserve our respect!

Oh, and apparently, Evan Hafer HATES us! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8881 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All things aside....who in the hell pays 14-16 per bag for coffee? C'mon man. BRCC is bending the buyer over. They use the military / leo angle to drive sales. I'll pass. Plus those douche bag videos they put out are ridiculous.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cajunmuscle:
All things aside....who in the hell pays 14-16 per bag for coffee? C'mon man. BRCC is bending the buyer over. They use the military / leo angle to drive sales. I'll pass.

People that have some extra change and willing to give a small business a shot, especially if it supports vets and thumbs their noses at the prevailing boutique coffee culture. You have a choice to support and spend your money on what ever you want, you can support the big multi-national brand that crushes all competition and moves the needle on worldwide bean prices, the small hipster coffee boutique run by sallow, emaciated but, fully tatted-up vegans or, a small veteran owned business.
quote:
Plus those douche bag videos they put out are ridiculous.

Not everyone's cup of....coffee. A bit tasteless for my flavor but, to each their own. They screwed the pooch with their missteps, and poor understanding of the bigger picture.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Not everyone's cup of....coffee. A bit tasteless for my flavor but, to each their own. They screwed the pooch with their missteps, and poor understanding of the bigger picture.

It’s not “poor understanding”. They’re frauds. Plain and simple. Wolves in sheep’s clothing. They’re selling a product and appealing to a demographic to sell said product. Now that they’ve been exposed, it’s full-on damage control.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
All things aside....who in the hell pays 14-16 per bag for coffee?

<raises hand>

The espresso roast I buy from a local roaster is $13/pound. An espresso roast I bought from another local roaster was more than that. The espresso roast I bought from Whole Latte Love was $16/pound, discounted.

Good coffee, freshly-roasted, costs good money.

(Hint: The pre-ground stuff you buy off supermarket shelves or down at the local Quik-E-Mart is not "good coffee" and ain't even remotely fresh.)

As for BRCC's coffee: Dunno. Some comments here and elsewhere suggest it ain't all that great. Other people think it is.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

It’s not “poor understanding”. They’re frauds. Plain and simple. Wolves in sheep’s clothing. They’re selling a product and appealing to a demographic to sell said product. Now that they’ve been exposed, it’s full-on damage control.

I think they were more clueless and willfully ignorant then operating with an ulterior motive. Back-peddeling and attempting to explain the NYT interview just digs the hole deeper for them. Did they get set-up, likely (its is the NYT after all), they cluelessly walked down the path into the ambush.

Having employees (to include Hafer) that donate to Act Blue is going to raise every speculation possible, particularly since the foundation of their 'branding' is guns, hardware, testosterone and skewering against Lefties. They attempted to portray themselves as being in the middle, when in fact they actually played into the hands of Lefty positions: any and all conservatives are evil and are irredeemable.

At this point, Hafer would be best to sell his share of the brand and go away.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

The espresso roast I buy from a local roaster is $13/pound. An espresso roast I bought from another local roaster was more than that. The espresso roast I bought from Whole Latte Love was $16/pound, discounted.

$13 per pound isn't expensive at all. That's fairly cheap actually. Even $16 per pound isn't all that expensive. That's $12 per 12 oz bag.

The coffee I buy from a local roaster is about $16 for a 12 oz bag. Damn good stuff though. Damn good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
(Furthering the thread drift...) Isn't one of our SF members a coffee roaster?

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
three pack of seattle's best portside blend comes out to $4.14 per 12 oz bag. caffeine kick? check.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
$13 per pound isn't expensive at all. That's fairly cheap actually. Even $16 per pound isn't all that expensive. That's $12 per 12 oz bag.

No, it isn't bad at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The coffee I buy from a local roaster is about $16 for a 12 oz bag. Damn good stuff though. Damn good.

The Kona I buy for the Christmas/New Year holiday period I think costs somewhere around $25-$30/pound?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, I am a kinda poor. Cancer and its aftermath has destroyed me financially. But, coffee is one of life's simple luxuries that I can still enjoy. So, I was out of coffee today, so, I went our local roasters and bought a 2lb bag of Ethiopian Harrar coffee, lightly roasted for $36.00. Actually, Robert, the fully tatted up, gay, hipster roaster, gave me a discount, so, I got 2lbs for $30.00.
This coffee, from Vertex Roasters, is far superior to anything that BRCC sells.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just an update on my coffee dealings...

I cancelled my BRCC subscription service last week...pretty much told them what I thought of their politics and woke bullshit when asked why I was cancelling. Told them they would do themselves a GREAT service if they just STFU and sold coffee. That's their mission.

At any rate, I took the advice of lastmanstanding and ordered from caribou.com. I ordered 2 bags of their Dark Roast French Roast Blend Decaf. Two things...1) it's as good or better than the Medium Roast Decaf I was buying from BRCC and, 2) Caribou sells their coffee in 1 lb. bags instead of 12 oz. bags, so overall, it's a tad cheaper than the Black Rifle Communist Coffee.

They have another Dark Roast Decaf I didn't see when I ordered the French Roast or I would have ordered a bag of each. It's called Cross Fox Espresso and I'm looking forward to trying it when I reorder. So for those looking for an alternative to BRCC's bullshit, I recommend Caribou.com. Hope that helps!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Just an update on my coffee dealings...

I cancelled my BRCC subscription service last week...pretty much told them what I thought of their politics and woke bullshit when asked why I was cancelling. Told them they would do themselves a GREAT service if they just STFU and sold coffee. That's their mission.

ERJ-
I'm interested, what, if any, was brcc's response to you cancelling your subscription?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
ERJ-
I'm interested, what, if any, was brcc's response to you cancelling your subscription?
Crickets, sir.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
ERJ-
Crickets, sir.

I cancelled mine as well after Hafer did his interview and pretty much wrote the same thing ERJ did. I got the same response, nothing not a peep out of them.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
quote:
quote:
ERJ-
Crickets, sir.

I cancelled mine as well after Hafer did his interview and pretty much wrote the same thing ERJ did. I got the same response, nothing not a peep out of them.

To be fair, once you’ve stepped on your crank that badly, following erj_pilot’s advice to SFTU might not be a bad idea…

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
And now for something completely different, a suggestion to go to Costco Big Grin

Link

Lots of options whole bean, ground, K-Cup, from Kirkland brand to Organic Beans.

Kona, Arabica, Italian Roast, Sumatran, Costa Rica, Rwandan, Mayorga, Mayan, Jamaica, Ethiopia, Guatemalan, Panama...

Pretty good reviews for Ruta Maya Jiguani Whole bean, dark, smooth, no Startbutts burnt taste.. At $48 a bag, 5 pounds it's $9.60 a pound...

Ruta Maya Jiguani

Travel the world with Costco Coffee LOL

All can be delivered

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I cancelled my subscription last week as well. When they asked me why, I simply said that's classified. I still need to remove their stickers from the safe and get rid of the coffee cup I have.

Open for suggestions on an equivalent for Silencer Smooth. I like light roast with high caffeine content.

Oh, and if you hadn't seen this little gem...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
All things aside....who in the hell pays 14-16 per bag for coffee?

<raises hand>

Good coffee, freshly-roasted, costs good money.

(Hint: The pre-ground stuff you buy off supermarket shelves or down at the local Quik-E-Mart is not "good coffee" and ain't even remotely fresh.)

Ditto.

I have an "everyday" coffee (Cameron's Coffee Scandinavian Blend) that I buy wholesale for like $5/pound, which I supplement with higher quality coffee for $12-$20/bag (usually either 12 or 16 ozs) when I'm feeling fancier.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post