SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Seems this Elijah Schaffer is just a dick attempting to create controversy where none existed.

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’m not going to try to parse out all the reasons why we should or shouldn’t believe the Black Rifle Coffee Company is a true supporter of gun rights issues (and which involve far more than the Second Amendment), but I am curious why so many gun owners believe that they should line up in support of Mr. Rittenhouse and what he did that night.

In the first place it seems to have been clearly established that he was breaking at least one law by being in possession of a firearm that night. Yes, I know that that was not always the case in this country, but despite what the anarchists on both the left and right believe, such laws very often exist for good reason. The good reason in this case was that children generally lack the maturity, judgment, and knowledge to handle and use firearms safely and responsibly without being supervised—and much less do they possess all those things to permit them to defend themselves except in very limited situations such as home invasions. Being a child, he himself probably assumed that he had all those things because most young people his age assume they have everything figured out, but anyone else who was associated with him should have known better.

We know that during the last shooting incident the boy was probably justifiably acting in self-defense; the shooting before may have been an accident caused by the man who was shot when he grabbed the rifle. But what about the first? That man was chasing the child, but did that justify a deadly force response? As far as I can determine, we don’t know the last moments of what led to that shooting. What if the boy fired after the man had stopped the chase and even started to retreat? Should we, as many do, assume that it was a righteous self-defense shoot?

We also don’t know what led to the boy’s being chased in the first place, at least not from what I can determine. Did he provoke it by threatening someone himself? And returning to judgment and maturity, he was evidently walking around through the demonstrators with the weapon rather than staying and defending the establishment, which was supposedly the reason he was there in the first place. And yes, he had the right to do that, but no one is required to support the actions of someone who makes bad decisions, no matter how much of a right it may be to make them. People have the right to do countless dangerous things that often lead to their deaths, and more often than not their poor decisions are rightfully criticized here.

My point is that I see no reason why Rittenhouse should be the (literal) poster child of gun ownership rights at this point, and I understand why people and companies would be agnostic in their support of him and his actions.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Why don't you start a new thread with all your hypotheticals?

Year V

Posts: 2609 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Oh, he donated to Tulsi because she's fellow veteran, and that she needs the dough to help with the cost of suing Hillary.

Oh, he donated to the Kenyan because he lost a bet with someone.

Oh, he donated to Actblue, because......."Hey guys, what's my excuse, now?"

You actively donated to leftists who will take away our freedom, while at the same time you pretend to be neutral with your press release? With allies like you, who needs enemies?

And early yesterday on social media, he chalked up the donations on a federal website to photoshopping.

Tulsi Gabbard is all for another Clinton era ban on semi-autos, standard cap mags, etc. Also federal background checks for all sales. Just proves vets can be commies too.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16606 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Oh, he donated to Tulsi because she's fellow veteran, and that she needs the dough to help with the cost of suing Hillary.

Oh, he donated to the Kenyan because he lost a bet with someone.

Oh, he donated to Actblue, because......."Hey guys, what's my excuse, now?"

You actively donated to leftists who will take away our freedom, while at the same time you pretend to be neutral with your press release? With allies like you, who needs enemies?

And early yesterday on social media, he chalked up the donations on a federal website to photoshopping.

Tulsi Gabbard is all for another Clinton era ban on semi-autos, standard cap mags, etc. Also federal background checks for all sales. Just proves vets can be commies too.

This is a good lesson on keeping your mouth shut and not opening Pandora's Box.
I don't have any plans to discontinuing BRC but it certainly give pause when hearing all of this.

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The thing about conservatives is that we won’t let the left take down conservative businesses. We ll do it ourselves. Roll Eyes

No kidding, we conservatives are especially good at grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
(rhetorical)

Why do "we" (supporting this or that) expect a company to "do our work" for no other reason than we patronize there business?

If one feels that supporting a cause is important, than do it yourself. Call, donate, march, write, run for office etc.

Expecting others to carry your water, and then getting pissy because they don't, is goddammed childish.

If a company takes a platform on adopting dogs from shelters, that does not mean they are required to adopt every dog that is without a home. It's a platform, not a religion.

Buy their coffee, don't buy their coffee. They sell coffee.

(actually, some don't need the coffee, they are woke enough...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...-coffee-company.html

quote:
Hafer and Best were talking in a glorified supply closet in the Salt Lake City offices, where potential designs for new coffee bags were hanging on the wall. One of them featured a Renaissance-style rendering of St. Michael the Archangel, a patron saint of military personnel, shooting a short-barreled rifle. In Afghanistan and Iraq, Hafer knew a number of squad mates who had a St. Michael tattoo; for a time, he wore into battle a St. Michael pendant that a Catholic friend gave him. But while the St. Michael design was being mocked up, Hafer said he learned from a friend at the Pentagon that an image of St. Michael trampling on Satan had been embraced by white supremacists because it was reminiscent of the murder of George Floyd. Now any plans for the coffee bag had been scrapped. “This won’t see the light of day,” Hafer said.

“You can’t let sections of your customers hijack your brand and say, ‘This is who you are,’” Best told me. “It’s like, no, no, we define that.” The Rittenhouse episode may have cost the company thousands of customers, but, Hafer believed, it also allowed Black Rifle to draw a line in the sand. “It’s such a repugnant group of people,” Hafer said. “It’s like the worst of American society, and I got to flush the toilet of some of those people that kind of hijacked portions of the brand.” Then again, what Hafer insisted was a “superclear delineation” was not too clear to everyone, as Munchel’s choice of headgear vividly demonstrated.

“The racism [expletive] really pisses me off,” Hafer said. “I hate racist, Proud Boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.”

Just in case you forgot where they stand, it’s not with evil racists like us. If you read the article, you quickly learn they aren’t for the second amendment, just government employment.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my view if they market and apply 100% of their PR effort toward conservative America they should model that even if they take a neutral stance on Rittenhouse, not mealy-mouth as they did....but one of the comments made during that moment was "Evan Hafer took a bunch of Venture Capital money and now he's the left's bitch"

A positive write-up of their company in NYT? Yeah, BRCC is full-on red America in the left's perspective and not a pet. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soflaac,

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Hafer is a prevaricator. The above post would explain why.

Happily drinking Bones and Fire Department Coffee.

Posts: 3126 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
But while the St. Michael design was being mocked up, Hafer said he learned from a friend at the Pentagon that an image of St. Michael trampling on Satan had been embraced by white supremacists because it was reminiscent of the murder of George Floyd. Now any plans for the coffee bag had been scrapped. “This won’t see the light of day,” Hafer said.

Hafer, you confused shithead. I wear a cross around my neck of St. Michael standing over Statan. It was given to me by mother when I entered the Academy and started sailing. I wear it always (except on the ship, where it hangs in my stateroom until I disembark). So my mother and I are "proud boyish" white supremacists? Asshole. You think you're standing on some type of moral conviction, but the sad fact is that it is the exact opposite. You're a damned coward.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Another douchebag repeating the "Proud Boys are racist" lie. Roll Eyes

Eat shit, Hafer.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
There's an LGS nearby that carries BRCC coffee. For me, the better reason not to buy it is I can get truly fresh, locally-roasted whole-bean coffee for the same cost or less.

When I say "truly fresh" I mean as in the bag is still warm when I pick it up. "Truly fresh" as in I have to let it rest for a couple days before using or freezing it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25994 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The BRCC product is mediocre, at best. It was cool for a while due to its branding but those days are well behind us.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
The BRCC product is mediocre, at best. It was cool for a while due to its branding but those days are well behind us.
I have to agree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wounded Warriors, Black Rifle Coffee Co., and others of their ilk - it's gotten so that I'm extremely cynical about any company or organization that claims to support conservative values because now I always wonder when their true colors will be revealed.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

When I say "truly fresh" I mean as in the bag is still warm when I pick it up. "Truly fresh" as in I have to let it rest for a couple days before using or freezing it.

Glad to hear you’re letting it de-gas prior to using it. Three days is ideal. One thing that caught my attention is the freezer. Don’t freeze your beans. It causes the oils to push out if the beans and makes for a less flavorful cup. It can also dry out the coffee more than it should be.
Store them in an airtight container. If you will be storing for an extended period of time, place in the airtight container before the beans de-gas. It can offset the amount of oxygen and they will stay fresh longer.
If the beans are in a foil valve bag and packed in nitrogen, that’s a great way to store them. If packed in paper, transfer to a non absorbent air tight container.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4022 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Don’t freeze your beans.

That runs counter to all other advice I've read anywhere, as well as my own experience.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25994 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Don’t freeze your beans.

That runs counter to all other advice I've read anywhere, as well as my own experience.

Nope freezing does no good.

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I would encourage all of you disgruntled BRC coffee drinkers to switch to Peets or Caribou brand coffee as we carry both brands in our distribution business and is my wife’s income. I’m retired. Besides I’m a damn nice guy and my wife is a fine woman. We welcome the support! Smile

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8501 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post