SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the LGS, picked up 2 G-43x's and a case of UMC 9mm for $416 with tax.

They had a display of BRCC up, so I had to ask...

"Yeah, we haven't sold a bag in about 3 weeks. The owner wants to leave it up until it's all gone, but no one is buying, and BRCC won't refund the money if we return the product. We called and tried."

Looks like people got BRCC's message loud and clear!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
BRCC won't refund the money if we return the product. We called and tried.

Wow, I hate BRCC but I also hate to see an LGS stuck with the inventory. That stuff expires too. bummer.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Wow, I hate BRCC but I also hate to see an LGS stuck with the inventory. That stuff expires too. bummer.

Agreed. Maybe the owner will end up selling it at cost, or give it to the employees. At some point, you don’t want that shit hanging around the store to be see by the customers who won’t ask and think the store sided with BRCC. If the owner is sharp, he’d rather just eat the loss than the potential business.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Could they donate it to a local shelter or ACLU office and write it off as a donation?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 669 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Received a promotional email from BRCC today...

Subject line: Save 20% AND Support Active-Duty Troops

I'm sure the 20% off isn't simply out of the goodness of their hearts (never received a similar email/savings offer from them prior), but rather a 'Damage Control' campaign....Sooo, what to do? MASS UNSUBSCRIBE (tell all your friends) to send them a message, or continue to receive emails and watch them squirm?

What say you...

Received another one of these emails today....

Subject line: Support 'American Heroes' and Save 20%

Hmmm....Are they referring to themselves here?

Me thinks they're feeling the pinch as their customer base flees in droves! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
btt

Just like Benchmade, boys, you are perma-fucked, and you did it all yourselves.

We're not going to forget. You think this is going to blow over? Nope. You watch. Your bullshit is going to hound you for as long as your shit company manages to avoid bankruptcy, and even after that.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If the owner/buyer was smart, they'd clearance that stuff ASAP; not sure what kind of dating they're offering for wholesale (food stuffs have slim margins anyways) but, that stuff is already paid for. Take down the display, replace its place with a worthwhile brand and put it all in the mark-down section. Prominent floor space should be reserved for featured vendors, seasonal/promotional themes and high turn-over merchandise.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen any reliable data to show if/how this has affected their business? A distant friend’s wife works in HR for them, I might try asking him next time I have reason to communicate with him.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Betray your customer base, a customer base that isn’t woke and hip and full of shit, this is what happens.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
SigM4, if you think he will give you a truthful answer I’d be curious to know what he says. I too am wondering how much it has impacted their business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Has anyone seen any reliable data to show if/how this has affected their business? A distant friend’s wife works in HR for them, I might try asking him next time I have reason to communicate with him.

I gonna surmise they aren't hurting, at least not initially. Like Wound Warrior merchandise, BRCC has existing sales with national distributors and grocers. Scheels, Bass Pro/Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, etc all have prominent displays of BRCC product and merchandise, their wholesale biz dwarfs whatever direct sales they've got right now, wouldn't be surprised if WalMart, Krogers, Albertson's and other big grocers have some shelf space for their beans.

The direct-to-consumer storefronts they're opening, attract know-nothing, mouth breathers and their off-spring for promotions and autographs, while purchasing arm loads of merch. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Sam’s Club had a bunch of their stuff this weekend I noticed.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder. Did black rifle company all of a sudden change it’s tune because of all of its big dollar corporate deals and the vast sums of money it stood to lose? Did this play a role in how it all played out?

I am beginning to absolutely loathe corporate America. The woke advertising, putting mom and pop shops out of business and their entitled elitist smug attitude is detestable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the end of the day - their coffee wasn't really that good anyway so it was not that difficult for folks like us to walk away and find something better.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Got an email from the NRA, today, about all sorts of savings... Roll Eyes

They are so very effing out of touch Mad

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Par for the course, I would say

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Need to make a phone call, not that anyone will listen...

posted Hide Post
Maybe the NRA BRC package comes with a $300 neck-tie. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Need to make a phone call, not that anyone will listen...
Save your breath.

I have been receiving several emails / week from NRA, asking for money. I reply, "Sure, I have a donation for you. Let me know when Wayne LaPierre is gone, and I'll send a check."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thanks, friend!

Have called them before and said the same thing, including a demand for a full audit!