SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum cookbook
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum cookbook Login/Join 
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
thank you Sig Monkey

Posts: 1622 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken Breast Supreme
(Yields 8 servings)

My wife of 35 years agreed to go on our 2nd date after having this chicken dish. So, at least it’s good for something… The dish takes 1+ day to prepare, but nothing worthwhile comes easy. I promise this meal will be a favorite.

Ingredients:
• 1-pint favorite bourbon
• 8 chicken breasts (boned and skinned halves)
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/8 cup lemon juice
• 2 tea spoons Worchester sauce
• 2 tea spoons celery salt
• 1 tea spoon paprika
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• 2 tea spoon salt
• 1/4 tea spoon pepper
• 1/3 cup dry Sherry
• 1/3 cup shortening
• 1/3 cup butter
• 1 cup fine bread crumbs (buttered if possible)

[Pour bourbon over ice, and enjoy while preparing the recipe]

Combine and mix sour cream, lemon juice, Worchester, celery salt, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl. After washing and cleaning chicken of fat, dip each breast in sour cream mixture, coating well. Placed coated chicken in large baking pan, cover pan with clear wrap, and refrigerate over-night.

Next day, place bread crumbs in large container. Remove chicken and roll in bread crumbs. Arrange breaded chicken in single layer in large, shallow baking dish (could be covered and frozen here if desired).

To bake, let chicken stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Melt butter and shortening over low heat. Add sherry. Spoon half of mixture over chicken. Bake uncovered in preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. Spoon remaining butter/wine mix over chicken and bake an additional 15 minutes.

I prefer to serve the chicken over rice, cooked in chicken broth (rather than water). Enjoy!

Stay safe, Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Just a bump so this doesn't get lost.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep on risin' to the top!

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Here's one I found years ago on a Big Green Egg forum but can be adapted to a regular grill. It's got just the right amount of 'bite' to it.

Applewood Smoked Meatloaf

This is a great meatloaf that I have made a few times. Start with 1 1/2 lb.20/80 ground beef, 1/2 lb. ground pork, 2 finely chopped onions, 2 stalks celery. Then add a chopped green bell pepper and some cilantro. Add all the other ingredients: 2 sprigs fresh oregano, 3/4C oatmeal,1 1/2t salt, 1t black pepper, 1t white pepper, 1t red pepper, 2 eggs 5.5 oz tomato juice, 5oz evaporated milk.

Mix it all up and put it in a large loaf pan

On a Big Green Egg with a raised grid @ 275* with 2 baked potatoes wrapped in foil. You can also cook this on any charcoal or pellet grill.

When the loaf is at about 120*, add some Apple wood for smoke, poured the liquid from the meatloaf which can be used to made gravy from. Invert and remove the loaf pan onto the BBQ grid while maintaining about 275* on the grill until internal temperature of the meatloaf is 160*

Served with baked potato with sour cream, butter, and green onions. A very delightful and delicious meal.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Any progress on this?

Coming up on "eating" season! Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Regrettably, life got in the way and I have failed to follow through on this.

I do have all the emailed recipes, and I will work on getting them in a PDF as a text document, but nothing like what I had intended with pics and such.

I will also glean all the recipes here and include them, then post a link for folks to download a copy.

If it needs amending from time to time to add new recipes, I will do that as well.

I do appreciate everyone who has contributed and apologize for not handling this better than I have.

-sm

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If not too late, here's another, our go to pound cake recipe. We bake 14-16 this time of year to give out at Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Mrs> Noble's Pound Cake

2 sticks butter or margarine
3 cups sugar
5 eggs (we use large)
3 cups/12.75 oz. AP flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1+ teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons orange juice(optional, but my wife swears this is the killer ingredient that sets this recipe apart)

Steps:
1. Mix/cream butter and sugar
2. Add eggs one at a time thoroughly beating each before adding the next
3. Add milk, flour, baking powder, vanilla, orange juice, continue mixing.

Divide mixture between two greased & floured loaf pans,
Bake at 325°F for one hour+, or until completely done, check by use of cake testers or tooth picks coming out clean. (Still working on correlating to an actual temperature value).

(Mrs Noble was half of the caretaker couple of the family ranch outside of Texarkana, owned by my Mom's brother and his family. This is from many, many years ago...)

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1548 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post