SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum cookbook
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum cookbook Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I can work with anything.

Just type in an email or attach your favorite file type.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I sent you my "other" (seekritt) email address.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised about your lack of recipes, I'll send a few more your way.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
sigmonkey,

Email inbound

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I sent you my "other" (seekritt) email address.

Shh don't talk about the Russian back channels on a public forum damn it!

I just noticed a couple typo's in my rib rub recipe I emailed. Please remove the extra "S's" on the teaspoons before publishing and any other screw-ups I missed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Any update on the Official SF Cookbook? Too many good recipes have been posted to be lost!

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Here's one of my favorites from my own cookbook I distribute to family every 5 years.
quote:

Phil's Alaskan Beer Battered Halibut
A favorite in our house, it’s pretty much…awesome. Key is to use the right kind of beer. Not too light, not too dark. You can’t go wrong with Alaskan Amber. It’s perfect for this recipe. Most any amber or nut brown will work fine.

• 2-3 lbs of halibut cut into strips (They should all be even in size)(Cod can be substituted)
• 1 bottle of beer
• 1 1/2 cup flour
• 1/2 cup cornflower
• 1 cup crushed sweet corn flakes
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon Ole Bay Spice (You can also substitute Tony Chatchers or Garlic Sriracha Spice)
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (don't add garlic if you use the Garlic Sriracha Spice)

Pour beer into a large mixing bowl and allow to sit in fridge overnight, or on counter for at least 2 hours. You want to get rid of the carbonation. You’ll want to deep fry this recipe in a deep fryer or a turkey fryer. This is difficult to pull off on the stove, but I often use a camp chef burner with a cast iron dutch oven. I use peanut oil, it gives the best results. Oil temperature should be at 355-365F, the key is the recovery to temp when you dump the halibut in. Cheap on-the-counter deep fryers will only let you cook 1-2 pieces at a time.

Combine all ingredients except halibut and sweet flakes in the bowl with the flat beer. Mix well, this is your batter.
When the oil is at temperature, take a strip of halibut, roll it in a plate of flour, dip in batter, then cover in crushed sweet flakes. Next place gently in oil, swish a round slightly to ensure a crust is formed all the way around the fish strip. Generally when the fish floats, its done. Don’t trust this however. The first one is an experiment, cut it open when it’s done…note the color of the crust. Now cook the rest to that color.

Place fried fish on a cookie rack over paper towels to allow the oil to drip off. Serve while warm. This recipe takes practice, and different colored mustards drive a different colored finish. I've converted many a guest who swore they didn't like fish...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13986 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Do you want my long pig recipe?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11893 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Snip

Step 1. Get meat...

Posts: 3580 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Caramel toast:
1. Mix equal parts brown sugar and butter until spreadable.

2. Use oven broiler and toast one side of bread to desired level.

3. Flip bread and spread mixture. Return bread to broiler until mixture is bubbly all over.

4. Eat.

Posts: 3580 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Sent recipes for
Tourtiere (pork pie)
Homemade Ketchup
Best Ever Cheesecake
Nectarine Chutney

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Just checking to see what the latest is on this. The last post was back in July.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Marzy's Hollandaise Sauce

3 egg yolks

half a stick of REAL butter

1 table spoon lemon juice

1 short teaspoon of salt

a pinch or so of white pepper

Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper then whisk until frothy.

Melt butter in microwave. This should only take less than 30 seconds.

Pour contents together and whisk.

Now, in a sauce pan on LOW HEAT whisk as it slowly cooks the eggs. Continue to whisk until eggs are done and it starts to thicken.

Keep whisking.

No, don't stop yet.

Did I say stop whisking?

NOW you can pour over your asparagus, broccoli or better yet, zucchini squash.

It's even GREAT on baked or roasted chicken!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34395 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Just checking to see what the latest is on this. The last post was back in July.

I have all the recipes sent to me.

The past year has been a whirlwind and I have multiple offices in four states that have kept me very busy.

But, I still plan on getting a book together.

If I am unable to pull it off within the next six months, I will at least put everything in a PDF and post a link.

Smile

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am going to mark this because I need to send you some recipes.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apple/Raisin Bread Pudding
Ingredients:
4 cups soft cinnamon bread, torn into small pieces
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, very thinly sliced
¼ cup raisins or chopped dried cranberries, optional
2 cups milk
1 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation:
Butter an 11x7-inch baking dish. Heat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, combine bread, cinnamon, and apple slices, and raisins or chopped dried cranberries, if using; toss to mix.
In a medium saucepan, combine milk, brown sugar, and butter; heat over medium heat until hot and butter is melted.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with vanilla. Quickly whisk in the hot milk mixture then pour the mixture over the bread. Stir to mix well.
Pour bread mixture into the prepared baking dish. Set a jelly roll pan or large shallow baking dish in the oven. Set the bread pudding pan inside the larger pan. Add very hot water to the outer pan to a depth of about 1/2-inch. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.

Serve with Rum/Bourbon sauce (below)

Rum/Bourbon Sauce:
Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon + 1¾ teaspoons butter
2½ teaspoons cornstarch
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
¾ cup + 2 teaspoons milk
1 oz. Rum or Bourbon

Preparation:
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Mix together the sugar & cornstarch, and stir into the butter.
Pour in the milk, rum or bourbon and cook stirring frequently until the mixture begins to boil.
Continue cooking until thick, stirring constantly.
Serve warm over bread pudding.
Kick it up a notch:
Option 1: Add Rum/Bourbon after cooking the sauce, the alcohol won't evaporate.
Option 2: Same as Option 1, but use 151 proof rum.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Mrs. V-Tail's Cucumber Salad

Two or three large cucumbers. Make extra, this keeps well in the refrigerator.

Peel the cucumbers. Slice thin. A mandoline works well. Put them in a bowl with plenty of kosher salt. Refrigerate for a few hours, overnight is even better.

Drain, do not rinse.

While the cucumbers are draining in a colander, use the original bowl to combine sour cream (yogurt, if you prefer) with a bunch of dill. Stir in some garlic powder, or you can use fresh garlic and use a press to get garlic juice. Taste the mixture as you blend it to get the dill & garlic mix that you like.

Stir the drained cucumber slices back into the sour cream mixture and return bowl to the refrigerator until it's time to eat. Cover the bowl with Glad Press 'n Seal (easier to deal with than Saran Wrap).

This is a good side dish with lamb.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Cool idea, don't know that I have anything to submit but I sure as hell will purchase one.

Seems like we did that a long time ago? The link didn't work for me.

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

I have all the recipes sent to me.

The past year has been a whirlwind and I have multiple offices in four states that have kept me very busy.

But, I still plan on getting a book together.

If I am unable to pull it off within the next six months, I will at least put everything in a PDF and post a link.

Smile

Sigmonkey--One advantage of a PDF is that you can keep adding to it and email it out once a year. I bet members would not mind a digital format?

Glad your business is rocking.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post