SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum cookbook
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum cookbook Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I finally remembered to type up my Grandma's "family secret" peanut butter fudge recipe and e-mail it in.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking, maybe we could have a SIGForum sub-forum entitled "Chef's Corner" or something of the ilk to share recipes, photos of dinners, kitchen tips, Restaurant suggestions, etc. Might be easier to peruse than digging through the Lounge.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
I was just thinking, maybe we could have a SIGForum sub-forum entitled "Chef's Corner" or something of the ilk to share recipes, photos of dinners, kitchen tips, Restaurant suggestions, etc. Might be easier to peruse than digging through the Lounge.

It would be a good idea, since during the summer there's tons of BBQ techniques and recipe's on here as well as other recipes

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
There was a recipe for Chive Dill Batter bread that was interesting.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I'm in, email with a few recipes inbound.

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
2 recipes sent to The Monkey.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Any update on progress, SigMonkey? I'm wasting away here with a lack of good recipes!

Just kidding, I do appreciate your working on this. Its a great idea given the number of good cooks we have. Maybe someone can send in some game recipes as well!

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Any updates on the Sigforum cookbook? Anything I can do to help?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I sent a simple dip recipe. Sorry it is late.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
May I suggest a print setup to allow for 3 hole binder use, such that pages can be added later? Maybe a 5 year update type thing? I'd like to organize by meal time. Breakfast or dinner.

I need to find the German pancake recipe.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8367 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My apologies for the lack of motion on this.

1. I did not get as many recipes as I thought I would, so still looking for more.

2. I have been really busy the past few months.

And, yes, the plan is a loose leaf binder so anything can be added as people desire.

What I can do is take the recopies I have and put them in a text PDF, so people can at least try them and folks will not have wasted their effort to get them to me.

The "printed" book can still be done, and I can continue to add to the project.

Since it is not a "commercial production", there are no "rules" and no reason not to create the PDF.

I'll do that, and then post a link in my profile to let folks download it, so it will be "member exclusive".

When I have the PDF done and up, I'll post back here.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. I did not get as many recipes as I thought I would, so still looking for more.
2. I have been really busy the past few months.

I know I got lazy(er) and recipes slipped to the back burner of my mind.
A pdf file would be perfect.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
You will probably get more soon.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a couple to send over, but need to snap some photos (next time) to include with the recipes.

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm just passing through on my way to Australia...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh! What's she got cooking?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ooooohhhhh.... She's Purdy!

Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'm just passing through on my way to Australia...

Big Grin

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 373 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
My cooking skills, as well as my computer skills, are challenged.
Easy recipe for crockpot no fail SPANISH RICE rice follows:
One large chicken breast with skin
Two medium onions-chopped
Two green peppers-chopped
Two carrots-diced
Three potatoes-diced
20 Oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
8 Oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 c water
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp Worcester shire sauce
1 1/2 c brown rice.

Add all ingredients to 4-6 qt crockpot.
Cook 5 hrs on High.
When done break chicken into bite sized pieces.
Remove liner from heat.
Enjoy.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Any preferred format for a submission? MS Word, Goodle Doc, .pdf, .txt?

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post