SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum cookbook
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum cookbook Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm down for one. I hope somebody submits a green chili recipe.

Posts: 526 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I just e-mailed my family meatball recipe.

Once I get back to Texas, I'll type up the peanut butter fudge recipe.

Also, considering a reverse searing steak recipe.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23660 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Herknav and Monkey, email inbound. Smile

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'll send my mom's adobo recipe.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
in bound e mail w/reciepe

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Curious to how this project is going. Do you still need recipes and if so, any specific types?

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Can't have to many recipes!

It won't be an overnight thing.

Figure by end of first quarter.

And I have been busy...

Had an issue with "ransomeware" that I had to deal with over the holidays.

The application for electronic check deposit was infected, the application "auto-updates" every-time it is run, since it is a "trusted application" (this is why us anal IT types hate vendors that insist on this crap, and their piss poor coding practices of not isolating installs, and why we want to limit running to a least required privileged account rather than elevated or even worse, admin privilege...) so it downloaded and ran on two user's PCs at two separate locations one morning when they both went to process check deposits.

Fortunately, the activity was stopped within a few seconds and only hit one directory, then started on another. Both users contacted me as soon as they saw the activity. Was able to restore that data.

Just a lot of checking and verifying everything was clean on 24 servers in four states and all the users, to include 24 terabytes of data. And then ensuring everything was patched and whatnot.

Anyway, sorry to drift the topic.

But, as soon as I have something to show, I will.

Meantime, keep sending recipes and what not.

The plan is to have each recipe contain the forum username, and I will like to have the name in the recipe name, for example;

"Bre's Bacon Sammich"
(best for trollin' threads and epic meltdowns)

If the recipe has a nice story about how it came about, like:
Parabellum's Killer 'tater salad
(and the story of the "Bad Mayonnaise" Garage Band)

Stuff like that.

And good pictures would be a really nice bit to have of the prepared dish.

And "protection" is fine.

This will be a Deplorable Cookbook.

Maybe even call it; "The SIGforum Deplorable Cookbook".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Maybe even call it; "The SIGforum Deplorable Cookbook".

Sounds like a winner Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'll be sending a couple of recipes for guess what, as soon as I confirm that the written instructions and amounts produce the correct results!

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

Chili should have its own chapter.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10359 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Need to cook up some ribs and have GF do her photog thingy, with protection of course.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
I'm in.

So should Mexican succotash Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23660 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
I'm in.

Great. Do you really want to start a 9 v. 45 fight on beans?

I'd be in for an entry, but I don't have a recipe for chili, just wing it everytime and it comes out great. Maybe I'll have to make some and right down what I put in.

PS, I put beans in mine.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
We are gonna have AC/DC chili recipes.

If'n anyone wants to rip out any pages and shred 'em, it's their bidniz.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back a couple of years ago, we had a very robust thread on meatloaf recipes. Here are a few of them I saved. I apologize that I did not keep the members name associations to them. Bon Apetite!

#1 recipe:
I generally use a pack of onion soup, carrots, and chopped onions to get the ball rolling.

Also, I prefer a "log" not a loaf. Once I mix all the ingredients, I use wax paper and try to make a cylindrical roll. Easier to cut up and throw on bread for left-over loaf sam'miches.

I also toast pieces of bread "extra-crispy" to line the bottom of the pan, and lay the log on top of the bread. The bread soaks up the fat/grease. Use aluminum foil for easier cleanup.

#2 recipe:
I buy those McCormick Meatloaf seasoning packets. The recipe is on the back and it includes milk, eggs, breadcrumbs, beef, ketchup and the packet. Very simple and really just as good as more complex recipes.

#3 recipe:
Ingredients
• 6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled and broken
• 3 whole cloves garlic
• 1/2 red bell pepper
• 18 ounces ground chuck
• 18 ounces ground sirloin
• 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 egg

For the glaze:
• 1/2 cup catsup
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• Dash Worcestershire sauce
• Dash hot pepper sauce
• 1 tablespoon honey
Directions
Heat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a food processor bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme. Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture. Place this mixture into a large bowl. Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in the food processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed. Combine the vegetable mixture, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread crumb mixture. Season the meat mixture with the kosher salt. Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.

Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf. Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the center of the tray. Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf. Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees.

Combine the catsup, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and honey. Brush the glaze onto the meatloaf after it has been cooking for about 10 minutes.

#4 recipe:
I use this basic recipe:

2 lbs. ground beef
1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 green pepper finely chopped
2 cloves garlic minced (optional)
1 C. fresh bread crumbs or saltine cracker crumbs
2 eggs lightly beaten
3/4 C. ketchup
1/4 C. milk

Combine all ingredients and form into a loaf. Top with additional ketchup, bbq sauce or tomato sauce if desired.

Instead of baking it, I cook it on the smoker until the internal temp reached 160 degrees (3 to four hours). I top it with ketchup about 30 min. before it is done smoking. Mesquite wood gives it a really nice flavor.

To cook in an oven, bake at 350~375 for about an hour.

#5 recipe:
Ground beef
Worcestershire sauce
Shallots
garlic
egg
breadcrumbs(seasoned)

That's what my wife uses and she cooks it to a moist inner and crunchy outer perfection...As far as amounts...she is right brained and does it on the fly, greatness can't be measured=) Sorry I couldn't help more...SHALLOTS are the key to amazing flavor, especially in burgers

#6 recipe:
This is the favorite at our house:

1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 lb lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup tomato sauce, plus tomato sauce for serving, optional

Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion - sauté until almost translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic. Sauté 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool.

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Whisk eggs, salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup in medium bowl to blend. Combine the beef, bread crumbs and cooled vegetable mixture in a large bowl. Add the egg mixture. Using your hands, mix just until blended. Do not overmix or the loaf will be too compact and dry.

Gently pat the meat mixture into the prepared pan. Pour the tomato sauce evenly over the top. Bake until meat begins to shrink from the pan sides, about 1 1/4 hours. Transfer pan to a rack, allow to cool 10 minutes, and serve.

#7 recipe:
Been using this one for years:
2# ground meat
2 eggs
1-1/2 c bread crumbs
3/4 c ketchup
1 tsp salt
1/2 c warm water
1 pkg Lipton onion soup

Mix everything together and put into loaf pan. Pour 8 oz can tomato sauce over top. Bake 1 hr at 350.

#8 recipe:
1 pound ground beef
1 pack oatmeal with brown sugar
(If you have plain oatmeal add 1 TBS brown sugar)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Chopped onion or onion powder

Mix in a bowl and place into a casserole dish. Once in the dish, use finger to poke holes into mixture. Fill holes with favorite BBQ sauce (or ketchup) and drizzle some on top. Bake at 350*F for about an hour.

#9 recipe tip:
B-A-C-O-N! You must lay strips of bacon on the top of your loaf. Catsup goes on top of the bacon.

#10 recipe:
I usually make the one from the quaker oats box, but decided to try something different from a Better Homes and Garden cookbook.

It came out really moist and I will be making it again.

By the way I only cooked it to a temperature of 150 degrees instead of the 160 mentioned in the receipe.

Ingredients

* 2 eggs, beaten
* 3/4 cup milk
* 2/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs or 2 cups soft bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf sage, basil, or oregano, crushed
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef, lamb, or pork
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard

Directions

1. In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage, and pepper. Add ground meat; mix well. Lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.

2. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F. Spoon off fat. In a bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard; spread over meat. Bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into eight slices.

3. Makes 8 servings

#11 recipe:
We make this Martha Stewart (I know, I know) version but it kicks ass. I use whatever bread I have in the house...since I don't buy white bread.

Ingredients:

3 slices white bread (crust removed)
1 cup carrot (shredded)
1 celery rib (minced)
1/2 cup onion (minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons dry mustard
8 ounces ground round
8 ounces ground pork
8 ounces ground veal
2 eggs (beaten)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon rosemary (chopped)
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup red onion (cut in rings)
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon rosemary (garnish)

#12 recipe:
Ingredients
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
3/4 cup Quaker® Oats(quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup catsup
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape meatloaf mixture into 10x6-inch loaf on rack of broiler pan.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until meatloaf is to medium doneness (160°F for beef, 170°F for turkey), until not pink in center and juices show no pink color. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cover and refrigerate leftovers promptly and use within 2 days, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 3 months. Yield: 6 TO 8

#13 recipe:
Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. Been using it for years. Here's the base I use, then adjust as interest dictates (i.e. salsa vice ketchup, etc.):

Ingredients
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs or 2 cups soft bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried leaf sage, basil, or oregano, crushed
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef, lamb, or pork
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions
1. In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage, and pepper. Add ground meat; mix well. Lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.

2. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F. Spoon off fat. In a bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard; spread over meat. Bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into eight slices

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I am really looking forward to this book!

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
How the hell did I miss this thread!?!

Glad I'm not too late -

- I've got a pasta bake recipe that is super easy, and feeds a family of 4.

Will get this emailed out over the weekend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976 :
Sent pizza and risotto recipes.

Wonderful, I was just scrolling thru to see if you has commented here. Maybe you can get SWMBO to donate her Cottage Cheese Pancake recipe?

please!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
I'm down for one. I hope somebody submits a green chili recipe.

I got one.

Email sent. In the meantime,

Get your Hatch Chiles Here

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976 :
Sent pizza and risotto recipes.

Wonderful, I was just scrolling thru to see if you has commented here. Maybe you can get SWMBO to donate her Cottage Cheese Pancake recipe?

please!

LOL

I'll see what I can do

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post