SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum cookbook
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum cookbook Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
Cuz, we all gotta eat, same as worms.

Over the years, I have seen some awesome dishes folks have posted, and thought about the cookbook thing, but mbinky went an done it.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...78514?r=4610009514#4

So, I am going to ask everyone to send me recipes, pictures, and a little bit of an anecdote about the dish, so each recipe will be listed as:

Bre's yummy bacon sammiches. (you can submit your own heading if you like)

Email in my profile.

The more the merrier. No limit on anything. Everyone needs a good PB&J recipe.

Once it gets to a decent size, I will have it printed.

This will take a little time to put together, and I will post status as it goes along. Thinking a binder that will lie flat when opened and waxed pages for those of us who are sloppy in the kitchen.

The price to anyone who wants to buy will be whatever cost is to have it printed/published and shipped.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
From what I've seen since I've been here, you're going to be buried in recipes. I think this is a great idea and I'm all in.

Recipes to follow Cool

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Great idea!

Anecdote - my aunt won't give my Grandma's (her Mom's) peanut butter fudge recipe to anyone as she claims it's a family secret. She is an annoying liberal who has singlehandedly divided the family so I'm planning on giving away my Grandma's "family secret" peanut butter fudge recipe to a bunch of right wing gun nutz Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great idea. I have a killer Yorkshire Pudding recipe from at least 4gens back...

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Oh, hell yeah!

I know one I will send to you. My rib rub. Not really a recipe, but I can include cooking instructions, and I guess that will make it a recipe.

Can't wait to see what we compile!!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I want two of them Cook Books

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I will need your screen names in your contributions. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Dip recipe sent. (W/screen name)

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Great idea, im definitely in

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll see if my girlfriend can come up with something...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This a great idea, have you thought of just distributing it electronically rather than having it printed.

I am sure someone here could help once assembled.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Yay! I've taken so many screenshots of good recipes and prep tips here- this is a great idea! Thank you Smile

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I'll write out a few of mine when I get a chance

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a suggestion: In addition to the printed book, how about a format that can be used on a Kindle? This would include the Kindle Reader app, free for iPads, Android tablets, etc.

I have a little stand for my iPad, and many times I have searched for a recipe on the internet, and keep the recipe showing on the iPad while I'm cooking.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have my Brunswick Stew recipe written down and will get it to you. Smile

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34394 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
This is awesome! I would buy this book in a heartbeat

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3173 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I will do the Kindle thing and make a PDF as well.

And will make sure it is "deliverable".

Just post and eamil away thoughts and suggestions.

I hope to have some time in the next two weeks to get on this.

Likely first quarter of 2017 to have it ready, but will need to get the details on the time to have it printed and sold.

Meantime, work in progress.

The only thing is that please keep in mind copyright/property issues.

Your pictures, not those on the internet, and recipes.

The latter may be a grey area, but posting "Nestle Tollhouse Cookies" or "Kentucky Fried Chicken" and listing the sevin secret ingrediants might cause trouble. Unless it's in Russian...

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Likely first quarter of 2016 to have it ready
You traded your F-150 for a DeLorean?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He just wants to see the Cubs win the World Series again.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Likely first quarter of 2017 to have it ready
You traded your F-150 for a DeLorean?

Now, that's better.

Crap. Finish this cup of coffee and back to 88 MPH...