SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://news.yahoo.com/obama-c...l?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Obama to campaign with McAuliffe, ahead of Virginia gubernatorial election with national implications

McAuliffe's team announced on Tuesday that former President Obama will campaign with the former governor in the state capital city of Richmond a week from Saturday, on Oct. 23

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see how politically relevant O still is. After, McAwful didn't call on his old buddy Bill to come campaign with him, did he?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I swear, this guy takes the cake for being the biggest piece of shit in politics right now.

Freaking pussy.

“Have You Been Vaccinated Yet?! You’re Dangerous” – Terry McAuliffe Loses His Temper When Asked About His Stance on Parents Being Involved in Their Child’s Education (VIDEO)

McAuliffe snapped at a conservative operative and told them they were a danger to him because they weren’t wearing a mask.

“Who do you think should be in charge of education, if not Virginia parents?” the Virginia Rising tracker asked McAuliffe.

“Have you been vaccinated yet?! That’s the question I want to know….You should have a mask on! You’re dangerous here,” McAuliffe said while pointing his finger and scolding the tracker.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...lds-education-video/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The Ministry of Information has determined that the only true candidate is the right honorable Terry McAuliffe. Norther Virginia will do its duty and elect this approved individual. Please note, all donations to 'other' candidates are being tracked by the IRS. Thank you, That is all.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ That would explain why Youngkin is self-funding his campaign.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Have you been vaccinated yet?! That’s the question I want to know….You should have a mask on! You’re dangerous here,” McAuliffe said while pointing his finger and scolding the tracker.

Running the D playbook, avoid the question, and assault the questioner...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Is this guy having some kind of mental breakdown? He's a really angry dude.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Trafalgar poll:

Youngkin 48.4
McAuliffe 47.5

Super close race and too close to call.

Also in the poll, Joe Biden at 58.4 % disapprove

WARNING:
In person early voting is down 63% and mail in ballots down 73% compared to this time last
year.

Current turnout is low . Keep reminding people to vote.
We can win this.

don't "just vote". Get out the vote

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Low turnout favors the not democrats.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A little off topic, but why does VA have its elections in an "off" year? Is it something in their constitution?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Complacency favors not ye Republicans, particularly in Virginia, and only close elections are easy to steal.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Complacency favors not ye Republicans, particularly in Virginia, and only close elections are easy to steal.

Rs are more energized than D's. Terry has turned off voters by saying parents shouldn't have a say in kids education. Biden is hurting him. He keeps throwing fits in public. Lastly the race has been called toss up by prognosticators. All added together a slight bump in non D voters could have outsized effects.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I understand and, for a non-Virginian, I'm optimistic. IIUC, the VA legislature also passed a law in 2020 saying schools don't have to report events in high schools like the two sexual assaults by one guy that have been all over the news, and I really hope that has an impact on down-ballot races. But nowadays you really don't want to leave it up to the ref judge if you can avoid it.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Have You Been Vaccinated Yet?! You’re Dangerous” – Terry McAuliffe Loses His Temper When Asked About His Stance on Parents Being Involved in Their Child’s Education (VIDEO)

Oh, man that pisses me off. This whole "wearing a mask" thing as social status and vax status as prereq for service (even in a hospital) is more damaging to the fabric of society that Zuck's social media site.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
with 17 days until the election day of 2 November, I want to drive home a recurring theme.

There are about 6 million Virginia registered voters.

In Nov 2020, 75% of those registered voters actually voted.

In the last gubernatorial election in 2017, only 48% voted. That is very typical of how many Virginians vote in any gubernatorial elections.

Let that sink in. We can expect only half of the registered voters will actually vote.

Get your friends to vote. Let's out hustle the DEMs at the grassroots level.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
These flyers are showing up in mailboxes now.

Return address:
Honest Elections Project
368 S Pickett St, #9956
Alexandria VA 22304

I'm not sure what to make of this -- good stuff, or scam-in-the-works?

No “Vote Often”?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Here is what we are up against:

More than 300 Black churches across VA will hear from @KamalaHarris btwn Sun. and November 2 in video message that will air during morning services as part of outreach effort aimed to boost @TerryMcAuliffe

video at link

https://twitter.com/evamckend/...510191079301122?s=11

"This is the first year you can vote on Sunday. So please vote after today's service"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will significant numbers of black people ever wake up ? Voting so exclusively for Democrats is destroying our country.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to McAwful's attempt to get "no witness' signature needed" mail-in ballots OK'd?

As for Kamala, I would dearly love to know how effective that video is - i.e., how many Dems actually go out and vote right after Sunday services. I believe black churches and black preachers can be extremely effective when it comes to getting out the vote, but can a mildly embarrassing non-entity like Kamala?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
"What ever happened"

as far as I know that has not happened

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All the sleaze balls coming out for McAuliffe

Alexander Vindman:

"I have seen Trumpism up close, and I have seen how its aim is to systematically destroy the very fabric of the republic. Glenn Youngkin is Donald Trump's agent in Virginia — period," Vindman said. "A vote for Youngkin is a vote for Trump, and a vote for Youngkin is a vote to ensure that Donald Trump gets Virginia's electoral votes in 2024. We must protect our republic and our right to our vote. We must elect Terry McAuliffe."

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...ginia-governors-race

Please throw me in that Trump briar patch (does anybody still know what that means ?)

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin We'll see if McAwful is as foxy as he'd like people to think he is - if he's just Bre'er Fox.