SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
obama will campaign w McAuliffe Saturday night in Henrico

Youngkin will also have an event in Henrico Saturday.

If you can attend the Youngkin event that would be great.

free registration at

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/h...tickets-193543713457

Sat 23 Oct at 6:30pm

4150 Tom Leonard Dr
Glen Allen, VA

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
obama will campaign w McAuliffe

If you have to bring in big losers {BHO, Abrams, Kamela, and JB} to support your cause... are you still a big loser? Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
My Friday Evening Wild-Eyed Conspiracy Moment: McAwful was ever a creature of the Clintons. Do Biden and Obama really give a hoot if a Clintonista fails to claw his way back to relevance (and potentially set himself up to run for a national office) by getting elected Governor of Virginia?

Yes, Biden's repeated all the 'momentum' arguments.

Yes, McAwful's tried to insist that the headwinds he's facing are based on Virginians' not being happy with the Dems in DC. (Although, come to think of it, that does sound suspiciously like trying to blame Biden and the progressives, which wouldn't necessarily make McAwful a whole lot of friends in the current DNC leadership or among the squatters in the White House.)

The reports have been consistent in the press (FWIW) that both the Biden contingent and the DNC aren't particularly bothered by fact that McAwful's on the ropes.

If anyone is so inclined and happens to be able and willing to sit through Obama's speech/es, it would be mightily interesting to know how much time O spends singing McAwful's praises and declaring how critical it it that McAwful again be Governor of Virginia.

O always did have the same bad habit Bill Clinton did of talking about himself, warbling about grand generalities and harping on how nasty he thought the Republicans are, even when a speech targeted at a specific purpose (like getting McAwful elected) was exactly what was called for. If he does so again then maybe he's just indulging the same old bad habits.

But maybe, just maybe, it's a passive/aggressive bid to shut out the Clintonistas and, in the process, pay at least lip service to supporting the progressives' left(est) wing without having to do anything concrete.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The DEMs are going all out to win this Virginia election.

Biden's administration is full of Clinton people.

They have sent Jill Biden, Kamala Harris, Stacey Abrams to campaign for McAuliffe

Obama and biden come in the next few days.

I hope obama and biden turn some voters off, but they will fire up some portion of the DEM base.

At this point it is all driven by 2 things (as usual):

1) What % of the bases turn out in an election that has typically light turn out

2) Can Youngkin tap into enough swing voters to win

DEMs know this is somewhat of a preview of 2022

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Even if Rep's don't get the governorship do you think they can flip the legislature? It went blue last time right?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The DEMs are going all out to win this Virginia election.

Biden's administration is full of Clinton people.

They have sent Jill Biden, Kamala Harris, Stacey Abrams to campaign for McAuliffe

Obama and biden come in the next few days.

I hope obama and biden turn some voters off, but they will fire up some portion of the DEM base.

At this point it is all driven by 2 things (as usual):

1) What % of the bases turn out in an election that has typically light turn out

2) Can Youngkin tap into enough swing voters to win

DEMs know this is somewhat of a preview of 2022

I love it. It means we have a chance.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McAuliffe Gets $100,000 Donation From Jeffrey Epstein Associate Who Owns Plane Called The ‘F**k Jet’

https://nationalfile.com/mcaul...e-called-the-fk-jet/

Democrat Virginia Gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe received a six figure donation from a Jeffrey Epstein associate who owns a plane reportedly called the “F*** Jet”
Terry McAuliffe, the Democrat candidate for Virginia governor who formerly held the job prior to Ralph Northam, received $100,000 for his campaign in September from Ron Burkle, a billionaire associate of the late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein who owns a plane called the “F*** Jet.”

As was reported by Fox News:

Ron Burkle, a billionaire investor, donated $100,000 to McAuliffe’s campaign in September — his latest donation in support of the former governor’s electoral bid, according to Virginia campaign financial records reviewed by Fox News.

Burkle, who made his billions in the supermarket game and rose to prominence after former President Clinton joined his financial firm Yucaipa, previously gave McAuliffe another $100,000 at the end of last year as the Virginia gubernatorial contest ramped up.

According to the report, this would not be the first time that the Epstein associate and owner of the “F*** Jet” had donated to McAuliffe. Between the years of 2013 up until 2021, Burkle’s political action committee (PAC) called Common Good VA gave just short of a half a million dollars to the Virginia Democrat.

Burkle is a reported associate of both Epstein and former President Bill Clinton, and was named in the Epstein’s infamous “black book” as well as his private jet travel log.

Burkle’s “F*** Jet,” a Boeing 757, “has taken both Burkle and Clinton around the world,” according to reports. The billionaire once said he was “very shy with girls” and that it “takes me about a year to tell a girl I like her” after reports surfaced about women coming on to his jet.

Speaking on the activity of former President Clinton while on the “F*** Jet,” Burkle said “No woman could get within 100 miles of [Clinton] while I was on watch.”

Jeffrey Epstein’s airplane was famously named the “Lolita Express” in an apparent nod to the dead sex offender’s interest in teenage girls.

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even if Rep's don't get the governorship do you think they can flip the legislature?

I don't know. Have been working many many hours for Youngkin / Sears / Miyares, my county delegate, And three people running for Board of Supervisors / School Board.

I am pretty much burned out but still have things to do thru election day.

As a WAG, if Youngkin wins he could drag some down tickets along w him.

It is hard to describe how much of a shock wave a Youngkin win would create

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Thomas Sowell

https://townhall.com/columnist...in-virginia-n2597903

High Stakes in Virginia

Although Virginia has been a politically blue state for years, this year's election has the Democrats' governor facing a serious challenge.

One of the reasons is that many Virginia parents are outraged by the "woke" propaganda their children are being subjected to in the public schools -- and the governor has sided with the education bureaucrats and the teachers union.

Very few politicians in any state dare to go against the teachers unions, which have millions of votes and millions of dollars in campaign contributions.

This is one battle in a much bigger war, and the stakes are far higher than the governorship of Virginia or the Democrats and Republicans. The stakes are the future of this nation.

When school propaganda teaches black kids to hate white people, that is a danger to all Americans of every race. Anyone at all familiar with the history of group-identity politics in other countries knows that it has often ended up producing sickening atrocities that have torn whole societies apart.

If you have a strong stomach, read about the 1915 atrocities against the Armenians in Turkey, "ethnic cleansing" in the Balkans, or the reciprocal atrocities between the Sinhalese and Tamils during their civil war in Sri Lanka.

Do not kid yourself that this cannot happen in America. The relations between the Sinhalese and Tamils in Sri Lanka were once held up to the world as a model of intergroup harmony.

They got along better than blacks and whites have ever gotten along in the U.S. But then a talented demagogue polarized the country with group-identity politics, to get himself elected prime minister.

Once he was elected, he was ready to moderate his position. But you cannot just turn group hatred on and off, like a light bulb. He was assassinated and the hatred continued on.

There is a point of no return in America as well. And we may be nearing it, or perhaps past it.

Low-income minority students, especially, cannot afford the luxury of having their time wasted on ideological propaganda in the schools, when they are not getting a decent education in mathematics or the English language.

When they graduate, and go on to higher education that could prepare them for professional careers, hating white people is not likely to do them nearly as much good as knowing math and English.

This may be a new issue to some people, but such irresponsible indoctrination has been going on for decades. Back in 1993, my book "Inside American Education" had a long chapter titled "Classroom Brainwashing."

Anyone who reads the school propagandists' own words quoted there can find that a sickening experience as well.

Parents who protest the arrogant abuse of a captive audience of children are performing an important public service. They deserve something better than having the Biden administration's Attorney General threatening them.

But this whole issue is far older and far bigger than the Biden administration. It will be a cancerous threat to this country, long after the current administration is over.

Poisonous indoctrination will not stop unless it gets stopped. But most parents and voters have lives to lead, and cannot keep monitoring everything the schools do.

Most low-income parents lack the one thing that would get them taken seriously by the education establishment -- an ability to take their children to other schools.

Parents and voters in New York state can go on the Internet and see the State Education Department's data on how many students in traditional public schools and in charter schools pass the math and English tests. People in other states may have something similar.

In low-income minority neighborhoods, most of the students in unionized public schools fail both these statewide tests. But most students in charter schools in the same neighborhoods pass those same tests -- several times more often.

In 2013, a 5th-grade class in a Harlem charter school scored higher in math than any other 5th-grade class in the state.

Neither the educational problems nor the propaganda problems can be solved without allowing parents the option to take their children out of the failing schools they are forced to attend.

Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305. His website is www.tsowell.com.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Random observation:

Watching a few videos on YouTube today, I notice that the McAuliffe ads don't offer the "Skip Ads" button, while the Youngkin ads do.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't the Democrats know the more they talk about these rapes the greater the spotlight they get.

Barack Obama Calls Outcry over Loudoun County Rape Coverup ‘Phony, Trumped-Up Culture War’

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...mped-up-culture-war/

Former President Barack Obama campaigned for former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe on Saturday, urging voters to dismiss controversial issues raised by parents of children in public schools.

Parents in Virginia and around the country are furious over a report of a female student who was allegedly raped by a “gender fluid” boy in a in a public school girls’ bathroom in Loudoun County.

They were even more furious after the Loudoun County school system tried to cover up the assault, and prosecute the victims father for speaking out during a school board meeting. The 14-year-old was arrested in July and charged with two counts of forcible sodomy.

Obama dismissed the recent controversies as “fake outrage,” and “trumped-up culture wars” although he did not specifically refer to the incident. Parents are also deeply upset by efforts to implement critical race theory into the public school curriculum.

“We don’t have time to be wasted on these phony trumped-up culture wars, this fake outrage, the right-wing media’s pedals to juice their ratings,” Obama said.

Republican candidate for governor Glenn Youngkin has focused on the incident as evidence that major reforms are needed in public schools to protect children.

Obama argued that Youngkin was campaigning on the outrage, rather than talking about “serious problems that actually affect serious people.”

“That’s a shame,” he said. “That’s not what this election is about. That’s not what you need Virginia.

Obama also accused Youngkin of fueling “conspiracy theories” that led to the Capitol Hill protest on January 6.

“Either he actually believes in the same conspiracy theories that resulted in a mob, or he doesn’t believe it but he is willing to go along with it, to say or do anything to get elected,” Obama said. “And maybe that’s worse … because that says something about character.”

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

on the official Youngkin twitter feed. It's real.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ooooooh, reverse psychological warfare? I love it.

Unless that is a sign legitimately put up by democrats. Either way, seems like a winning message for Republicans.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

"Parents Matter"

I am monitoring the statewide early voting (in-person and mail-in).
Unless something greatly changes in the next week, or there is a very large election day turn out, we might be seeing 3.5 million of the 6 million Virginia registered voters staying home (not voting).

That is why I keep imploring people to press their friends and relatives to vote. All indications are that the governor race is razor thin (very close between Youngkin and McAuliffe)

If you were an Amanda Chase fan, she has endorsed Youngkin.

In a somewhat confusing statement, VCDL wrote "Gun-controllers are scared to death that gun owners will cause Terry McAuliffe to lose the election in November. WE MUST ALL VOTE, VOTE EARLY, AND VOTE IN PERSON!" But VCDL didn't endorse Youngkin because he didn't fill out their questionnaire. ???

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Unless that is a sign legitimately put up by democrats.

Sadly, I couldn't find it at either the oppositions' site or at VA Donkey Central. All there was was a blue button at the party's webstore that says "WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP MAN".

Maybe that makes sense in some context, but that ain't the message I would want to promote about my side either.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Got a Cygnal poll by email today.

Link:

http://www.cygn.al/cygnal-poll-youngkin-tied/

Bottom line:

Youngkin and McAuliffe dead even

Lt Gov and AG races close but w DEM up by 1% or less

Youngkin has good name recognition. Miyares (AG) and Sears (Lt Gov) have 26% in the "never heard of them" category.

That is very consistent with inputs from the few hundred voters I have talked to.

When you urge your friends to vote pls be sure to emphasize to vote for the complete REP ticket. Youngkin / Sears / Miyares all have very similar policies and priorities. They are a well matched team.

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
My wife and I voted this morning. Walked right in, showed the ID's and was out in about 5 minutes. Only 1 person was ahead of us. It was nice to avoid the long lines from the last election.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
We aren’t going to be in VA on Election Day so we decided to cast our votes today. There were a surprising (to me) number of people waiting in a short line to vote. I knew a couple of them and they are as conservative as we are!

Just doing our civic duty!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
My wife and I voted this morning. Walked right in, showed the ID's and was out in about 5 minutes. Only 1 person was ahead of us. It was nice to avoid the long lines from the last election.

I can't believe those racists made you show ID, did you tell them to stop suppressing your vote?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terry McAuliffe In 2009: ‘Too Many People Stay In Politics Too Long,’ Career Politicians Should ‘Go On And Do Something Else’

https://nationalfile.com/terry...d-do-something-else/

Twelve-year-old video footage from 2009 of former Virginia governor and current Democrat gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe shows the 64-year-old career politician railing against career politicians and calling for term limits, proudly stating that “too many people stay in politics too long.”
“You know, listen, I’m also open if people want to talk about term limits, I just think sometimes too many people stay in politics too long,” McAuliffe said. “Get in, make your mark, and go and do something else. Let’s continually bring new people into politics with lots of new ideas, it’s good for the process, it’d be great for Virginia, it’d be great for this country.”

Twelve years later, the septugenarian McAuliffe is continuing to run for governor, drawing the ire of Virginia parents over derogatory comments about keeping them “out of schools.” When confronted over these comments, McAuliffe shrilled “You’re dangerous here” and had a meltdown on camera:

During a recent debate against Republican opponent Glenn Youngkin, McAuliffe trashed parents by stating, “I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decision,” and “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

Who do you think should be in control of education if not Virginia parents,” McAuliffe was asked, to which he thrust an index finger into the camera and shouted, “Have you been vaccinated yet, that’s the question I wanna know. You should have a mask on … you’re dangerous here.”

“I’ll build education,” The former governor shouted while hurriedly climbing into a waiting SUV. “That’s why Fox News has me leading. Glenn Youngkin destroyed Virginia’s education system,” he continued, before saying “Alright, let’s get at it buddy” at the vehicle’s driver.

Video at link