SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
McAwful and Herring must be throwing an absolute TON of money into TV ads right now -- theirs appear to outnumber Youngkin/Miyares ads 2:1 or more.

I hope their large expenditures still result in their respective defeats.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is this election only for the governorship or is the legislature up also? If so how are the down ballot races looking?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The 2 Nov Virginia election is for:

Governor
Lt Governor
Attorney General

All 100 members of the House of Delegates

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Oh, man. "I and my wife have always been involved in our kids education (when we said you shouldn't have the right to be). I went after standardized testing and gave tons of tax money to heavily unionized and blatantly unresponsive school districts."

Now, how in the hell is he going to convince anyone his words were taken out of context if Youngkin simply plays the unedited video of him telling parents to shut up before hopping into an SUV and driving off in a huff?

However it goes, though, McAwful's got two weeks to turn it around. Youngkin better turn it on and keep it on. How's Youngkin doing for personal appearances that generate local news stories?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Youngkin campaign response to McAuliffe's "taken out of context"

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Youngkin better turn it on and keep it on.

Absolutely!!

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This dude is completely losing it, someone needs to adjust his meds.

McAwful walks off interview.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
With two weeks before the election, my county mail-in votes and early in-person votes are 20% of what they were for the Nov 2020 election

Even if you have already voted, keep reminding your friends to vote, We could well be looking at a turn out of significantly less than 50% of the registered voters. Don't lose this election because your friends stayed home.

and from the Free Lance Star:

Dominion Energy's CEO sent an email to company employees Monday morning saying the company's political action committee had failed to properly vet an anti-Glenn Youngkin PAC it gave large donations to, and is asking for its money back.

The email came following news reports this weekend by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and Axios that Dominion had donated $200,000 to a PAC that appears to be aligned with Democrats but is attacking Youngkin, the GOP nominee for governor, from the right on gun issues, creating the appearance that conservatives aren't happy with Youngkin. The ads are running in rural areas of the state that support Youngkin in an attempt to lower voter turnout for him.

Blue told employees the company has a long history of transparent and bipartisan political giving.

"This weekend we were reminded that going above and beyond in transparency is necessary but not sufficient. Based on our own disclosures, two news stories highlighted activities of the Accountability Virginia PAC that we would not approve or knowingly support," he wrote.

"Although familiar with the Accountability Virginia PAC sponsors, we failed to vet sufficiently the scope of their intended activities. In as much, we have asked that our contributions be returned.

"As with any failure in terms of living up to our core values, we will learn from this and implement lessons learned going forward. We will not be giving to organizations of this nature in the future."

The ads on Facebook, Instagram, Google and Snapchat target rural areas of the state that support Youngkin, and the ads question his commitment to the Second Amendment, Axios reported.

Dominion gave $200,000 between July and September to the Accountability Virginia PAC, which is running the ads.

The Youngkin campaign on Saturday issued a statement attacking Democratic nominee Terry McAuliffe and Dominion, saying they had to "call in their special interest cronies to dump obscene amounts of money into shadowy organizations in order to protect their entrenched interests."

Sunday night, U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., wrote on Twitter that Dominion had spent money to suppress votes to help McAuliffe win.

Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, also emailed a statement to supporters calling on them to email and call Dominion to complain.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note that VCDL Philip Van Cleave also wrote "Gun-controllers are scared to death that gun owners will cause Terry McAuliffe to lose the election in November."
and "WE MUST ALL VOTE, VOTE EARLY, AND VOTE IN PERSON!"

posted Hide Post
Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe walks out of TV interview and tells reporter he should have 'asked better questions' after being grilled on vaccine mandates, critical race theory and crime

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ms-TV-interview.html

Terry McAuliffe, the Democrat running for Virginia governor, has stormed out of an interview with a local news channel, telling the reporter he should have asked 'better questions.'

ABC affiliate WJLA-TV published in-depth interviews with McAuliffe and Republican candidate Glenn Youngkin on Tuesday, but noted that McAuliffe cut the 20 minute interview short just halfway through after being grilled on topics including vaccine mandates and the teaching of critical race theory.

In the interview recorded last week, a McAuliffe staffer is heard interjecting 10 minutes in to the scheduled 20-minute interview, prompting the candidate to cut short the questioning from reporter Nick Minock.

'Alright, we are over. That's it. That's it. Hey I gave you extra time. C'mon man,' McAuliffe tells the reporter. 'You should have asked better questions early on. You should have asked questions your viewers care about.'

The station published the full video and transcript of the two interviews on its website, but was compelled to explain to viewers why the Youngkin interview was twice as long.

'We do want to point out that the Terry McAuliffe interview is shorter than our interview with Glenn Youngkin, that was not by our doing,' an anchor explained on-air.

'Nick offered both candidates 20 minutes exactly to be fair, for the interviews. McAuliffe abruptly ended 7 News' interview after just 10 minutes and told Nick that he should have asked better questions,' the anchor added.

More at link

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
He just keeps helping us who are voting against him. I hope it works.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The House of Delegates are also up for election this year; had a hang tag from the D party on my building this morning. Took it off (property is clearly marked "No Soliciting"), symbolically wiped my anus with it, threw it in the trash. My delegate marched in lock step with the others; I'm voting for whoever is running against him.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Youngkin announces a whole slew of events:

Registration is free

https://www.youngkinforgovernor.com/events

Hanover
Richmond City
Chesterfield
Henrico
Yorktown
Newport News
Chesapeake
Virginia Beach
Norfolk
Portsmouth
Isle of Wight
Suffolk
Dinwiddie
Mecklenburg
Halifax
Pittsylvania
Danville
Franklin cty
Roanoke
Pulaski
Blacksburg
Bedford
Prince Edward
Appomattox
Amherst
Buena Vista
Augusta
charlottesville
Albermarle
Fluvanna
Greene cty
Fauquier
Alexandria
Fredericksburg
Prince William
Fairfax
Lee Cty
Washington cty

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Excellent, IMHO. Don't leave the election up to the judge, don't leave the campaign up to the media.

But it's OK to let McAwful's handling of the media help you, of course. No one's figured out how to claim that's an in-kind donation yet.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
By hook or by crook, that's the leftist motto.

Public Interest Legal Foundation Files Lawsuit Over Illegal Absentee Ballots in Fairfax County in Advance of VA Gubernatorial Election

The case is brought on behalf of the Virginia Institute for Public Policy, a local organization that promotes election integrity. The lawsuit explains that Fairfax County is violating Virginia law by accepting and approving applications for absentee and mail-in ballots that do not include the last four digits of the applicant’s Social Security number, as required under Virginia statues.

The requirement to provide the last four digits protects the right to vote. It ensures that nobody loses their right to vote because a ballot has been sent to someone else.

Fairfax County is not only violating Virginia law, but also the Virginia Constitution. The Constitution’s Anti-Suspension Clause requires that laws passed by the Virginia’s legislature are supreme to any act by a local government employee or even the Governor himself. This is important because it restrains election officials in Virginia from disregarding and replacing election administration laws.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ernatorial-election/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Fairfax County is very influential.

Virginia has about 6 million registered voters

There are over 100 counties and cities.

Fairfax county alone has 770,000 registered voters. (13% of total Virginia votes)
That is why when Fairfax comes in late w their numbers they can wipe out large REP leads.

In Nov 2020, Fairfax voted 419,943 for Biden, 168,401 for Trump

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Fairfax County is also geographically positioned in such a way that it would be relatively easy for people in Maryland or DC to pretend to be from there for the purpose of casting fraudulent ballots. If you're right next door, you're more likely to know someone who's actually from there and it's easy to drive there to find an address you can claim.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
the Dems are sending folks out to solicit votes,

friend was approached by a couple in his complex
they got right ugly with him when he did not give them the time of day,
so much so that he called the police (no soliciting/ no trespass posted complex) and they got busted

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Went and voted early today in Fairfax county as part of their "satellite" program. This program expands the number of early voting sites to include my neighborhood library, much more convenient than driving miles to the county government center that has been accepting in-person early voting for about a month.

Today was the first day the satellite sites were open. It was much busier than I expected, about the same as a usual election day in my precinct. Part of why is that it is a beautiful weather day today, concern for possible inclement weather is the main reason I didn't wait until Nov. 2.

A few observations: lots of cars in the lot with Youngkin stickers, many more than McAsshole. However, the Dems had a table and were handing out sample ballots, no apparent official Rep. presence. Also, the Dem candidate campaign signs far outnumbered the Rep ones. The "no guns" signs were prominent, and the library had what looked like metal detectors at the inner doors, but you didn't have to go through them to vote. In Fairfax county, guns are prohibited in posted public buildings, but you have to be trespassed, and refuse to leave to be arrested.

There is a new wrinkle in voting this year, rather than marking a paper ballot, there is a touchscreen station that marks it for you, you then feed the printed ballot to the counting machine. The printed ballot is printed with candidate names and barcodes for visual verification (and also to give the poll watcher the chance to peek), but of course, there is no easy way to check that the barcode matches the characters. Seems like yet another way to cheat. They do give the option of doing it the old-fashioned way, filling in ovals on a preprinted ballot, but you are strongly encouraged to use the "more efficient method."

Oh, and BTW, I was not asked for, nor did I provide the last four digits of my SSN.

Posts: 6459 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...2c2c11851_story.html

Biden will campaign with Terry McAuliffe next week in Virginia, where the Democratic former governor is locked in a tight race with Republican Glenn Youngkin for the state's top elective post.

McAuliffe’s campaign announced Thursday that Biden will headline a rally at Virginia Highlands Park in Arlington on Tuesday evening.