SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Excellent news about Wren Williams. Read about Poindexter, what AH RINO.

-c1steve

Posts: 4062 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Incredibly good news to wake up to!

Posts: 17196 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This news is awesome and most encouraging going forward. Now Va, go kick some ass and turn things around for the better.

Posts: 6630 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Virginia Republicans need to remain wary. There could be mail-in ballots counted as late as Friday. Got to be sure they were postmarked on or before 2 Nov and that they are valid! A swarm of fake mail-in ballots is one of the effective ways to cheat.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
There could be mail-in ballots counted as late as Friday.

Interesting. Not that I normally have much good to say about Colorado politics these days, but at least here mailed ballots must be received for counting by the time the polls close. If not, they are disregarded.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47413 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Damn! This has been a great day! I guess running a hate campaign based on race and anti-Trump was huge mistake. Now to turn over the ridiculous gun laws the dems put in during Northam's reign.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1867 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have a female cousin in Charlottesville, Virgingia about my age who is somewhere to the left of Teddy Kennedy (but probably not as far as AOC). Her lawyer daughter is almost as Liberal. I'm sure they are both commiserating in Virginia right now, certain that the World will soon end. This cousin and I grew up almost as siblings (with several others) and I'm very fond of her, but we simply cannot ever engage in political discourse (she thinks I'm to the right of Genghis Khan). I considered sending her my condolences, but thought better of it. I am pleased that Virginians chose the better person(s).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I guess this is why we can’t have nice things. The thing about VA mail in ballots is that they can’t go magically print more up. The amount that are out are tracked and if they were 100 percent that there were more than the margin of victory, McAweful would not have conceded.

I guess it was a matter of time until we got the “stay vigilant” spiel, and it just had to happen.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Did the VA house of delegates and Senate turn Red as well?

quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Larry Sabato is a political analysis who is well known in the political media.

He is now fully exposed as a DEM political hack.

short video at link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1455247487086780427

LarrySabato says, if GlennYoungkin wins, it'll be b/c of white power & accepting lies: "The operative word is...race. That is what matters...There's a lot of...white backlash, white resistance, whatever you want to call it...We live in a post-factual era

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Dems just ran out of smoke and mirrors.

Old Abe said it right. You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Larry Sabato is a

Well, he's a bit of a Wahoo , too, so there's that. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13519 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the donkeys continue their current trajectory of promoting CRT, imposing lockdown and mandate, demonizing parents of school children, defunding law enforcement, flooding the southern border, and jamming "wokism" down America's throat. Please, continue to do so through Nov 5th, 2024.

Q

Posts: 26466 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:

quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

Just the House this time, Jimbo. The Senate comes up for elections in 2023 I believe. FWIW, I just walked the neighborhood a little; perhaps it's just me but most folks seemed to be more pleasant and upbeat than 48 hrs. ago. Smile

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:

VA senate was not in this election.

Nov 2023 will be the next VA senate election (40 seats w 4 yr term)

House of Delegates has 100 members w 2 year term (so they will be on the 2023 ballot also)

A little confusing about VA house of delegates. I beleive the situation is we have 50 of the 100, and there are 4 races still to be determined.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...-i-heard-tonight.php

Salena: This election is more of an insider-outsider election than a liberal-conservative one. And in an insider-outsider election, the party in power tends to lose.

Tucker: Yeah, especially when the party in power is destroying the country.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Please, continue to do so ....

Didn’t someone once say, “Never interrupt the enemy when he is making a mistake”?

If everything you mention is what it took to finally make a (slim) majority of the otherwise clueless electorate realize and understand what sorts of programs and people they’ve been voting for in the past, then I don’t want the Leftists to feel that cold wind blowing and wake up themselves.

Yeah, yeah; it was just an aberration, and nothing to worry about or to change your policies over. Keep on keeping on.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47413 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What’s REALLY awesome is this school board thing wasn’t just a National thing, it was a very local thing too:

My school district had several open school board seats and apparently conservative candidates SWEPT THEM ALL. The school board is now going to be 7/9 Conservative vs Liberal!

And it’s the same situation in several surrounding school districts according to a friend I spoke to today.

I LOVE IT! You Dems in VA sure screwed the pooch for yourselves but good.

Posts: 33864 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm tellin' you, that (local elections) is where we develop the pool of people who can (and hopefully will) displace and replace the RINOs and the terminally useless who currently squat in all the major positions within the GOP.
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
There could be mail-in ballots counted as late as Friday.

Interesting. Not that I normally have much good to say about Colorado politics these days, but at least here mailed ballots must be received for counting by the time the polls close. If not, they are disregarded.

We kept hearing about that, but McAwful has already conceded this morning.

Does anyone know exactly what the scoop on the mail-in ballots is?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
w my standard caveat, "as best I understand it" :

To get an absentee ballot in Virginia you have to request it. So each county knows how many absentee ballots it sent out.

Ant it tracks the ones they receive and the ones that haven't bent sent back.

vpap.org says Fairfax county has 18,159 absentee ballots that haven't come back.
(just an example)

Perhaps they looked at how many ballots could come back by Friday, and they don't total enough to overcome Younkin's lead.

My county registrar says the mailed ballot must be received by 7pm on election day. Fairfax allows another 3 days.

Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Youngkin is articulate, intelligent, respectful of others, and conservative. And he is from Virginia.

McAuliffe is elitist (he didn't allow his kids to go to the VA public schools he talked so much about), entitled, tired, an inveterate liar, and well-known to Virginia as a scammer (google "McAuliffe and Electric Car Scam") and a former mediocre governor. He is a known Clintonista political hack and a carpetbagger, too. I'm surprised he got as many votes as he did, but there is still a lot of Trump hate out there (stoked by the MSM).

Sometimes it isn't about Trump, race or white supremacy, but about who is the better candidate. Youngkin and the candidates for Lt Gov and Atty Gen were the better candidates.

The GOP needs to find the best possible conservative candidates for 2022 and 2024.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post