SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19588 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The worm has begun to turn.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They can thank the local school board.

I hope the new AG can have full investigations and prosecutions of the members.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is fodder for an meme.
Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Heading down to Virginia this weekend to visit my sister and brother in law. Both staunch conservatives. We gonna par-tay!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5911 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Virginia! What a trifecta of wins - absolutely spectacular. You showed how to stick with your state and not just give it up as lost to the leftist's.

I'm glad the left had previously predicted that what happens here will determine 2022 2024. I'm sure they would like to eat those words now.

Let's go Brandon!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's go Brandon is right, what a nice start to the morning as I woke up and read the news out of VA. Hopefully this red wave will continue.

Keeping my fingers crossed that NJ doesn't find a way to cheat with the Governors race.

Posts: 425 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Why was the race close ?

The answer is so commonly race driven

From
https://static.foxnews.com/fox...-of-10pm-results.pdf

Youngkin / McAuliffe

white 60 / 40

black 13 / 86

Hispanic 55 / 44

Race relations will never improve if the black community continues to vote as a block for DEMs

Posts: 19588 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Yes, the first African American woman elected to a statewide position in Virginia as Lieutenant Governor.

The first Latino Attorney General who is the son of Cuban Exiles.

And we are the racist.
Mike Gallagher was saying this very thing on his radio show a little while ago. Yeah...WE are the racists. Not enough Roll Eyes

CONGRATULATIONS on winning your freedom back, VA!! Gen. Robert E. Lee, et. al. would be PROUD!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Freakin' dominant media "news" droids

Rep. Kevin McCarthy and some other Repubs hold a press conference about yesterday's election, opens the floor for questions, and what do the first two "news" droids ask? Questions about... Trump.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Virginia in general and sdy in particular! Hitting the streets and monitoring the polls DOES work!
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
They tried...
but couldn't get away with it this time. I think too many eyes on Fairfax County...Democrats in heavily populated and very blue Fairfax County are suddenly delaying the release of their results because they are “rescanning early ballots.”

Did you notice how a few rural red counties were still at 65% or 85% "reported votes counted" by late in the evening when Fairfax County finally claimed to have reported 99% of their votes? I could've sworn there were one or two of those rural red counties that actually dialed back their percentage of reported votes during the evening too. There could easily have been other reasons for the delays in reporting the full count and none of those counties could swamp Fairfax County individually, but it still kinda looked like a warning shot across Fairfax County's bow to me.

I can't wait until some bright spark does a write up on measures used to prevent a new election steal.
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Van Jones - what a fuckstick. "The Delta Variant of Trumpism"

Aw, he's just hoping that this fever the voters have for paying attention to what the Dems actually say and do will pass quickly. When someone like him melds two bits of wildly wishful thinking into one short sentence then you know the ideologues on the other side are in a very unhappy place.
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I have always said pigeon holing Hispanics as all voting Democrat is a very short sighted assumption.

Don't forget to mention this race the next time someone starts wringing their hands and squealing "TEXAS IS GONNA TURN BLUE!!!"

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sdy, we all owe you a big thank you for your efforts and commitment and believing that good things can and will happen Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Freedom and prosperity loving Americans: It’s morning in America.
Corrupt Leftist hypocritical tyrants: It’s mourning in America.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Even more good news, the VA House also flipped RED!
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...ven-seats-democrats/

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Virginia !!! We have a BADAZZ Lt. Governor in Winsome Sears US Marine veteran and advocate of the 2nd Amendment. Hopefully will also be a our future governor Smile God Bless !!! Smile

quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Right On Virginia!

Congratulations.

Posts: 1570 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Hispanic conservative here… I’ve never been worried about the whole “Texas turn BLUE” garbage, or in Florida either (my home state).

Hispanics generally agree with Republican platforms more than Democrats, and this election is a perfect example (as was 2020).

In the next 10 years, Miami-Dade and Broward (the two largest Florida counties, and heavily Hispanic) will be Republican counties.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Lauren Windsor coordinated the hit job with Lincoln Project
“In my capacity as a communications consultant, I worked with the Lincoln Project to coordinate this action. I join them in the fight to defend our democracy from rightwing extremists and in calling for Glenn Youngkin to denounce Trump’s ‘very fine people,’

https://twitter.com/JeffOnTheR.../1455932052650479618

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
In MPLS, the 'Defund the Police' nobheads got kicked to the curb. The ballot initiative to disband MPD, amend the City Charter, and replace the PD with a 'Public Safety Department' was rejected decisively.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginia: Trump Election Attorney Wren Williams Defeats BLM Democrat After Beating 7-Term ‘RINO’ Incumbent In Primary

https://nationalfile.com/virgi...ncumbent-in-primary/

Former Trump election attorney Wren Williams has declared victory in his Virginia House of Delegates race against Black Lives Matter-aligned Democrat Bridgette Craighead. The landslide win puts the finishing touches on a run that saw Williams energize grassroots conservatives against the district’s uni-party establishment, unseating a 7 term GOP incumbent during primary season.
Raking in a whopping 77% of the general election vote, Wren Williams will join a new Republican majority when he’s sworn in to Virginia’s House of Delegates. The GOP will also enjoy total domination of statewide elected offices, a stark contrast to recent years of single party Democrat rule following what can only be described as a “red wave” of historic proportions.

More at link.

Posts: 12699 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post