Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Im going to be watching women’s wrestling.
Specially: Kennedy Blades.

https://www.usawmembership.com...ional_teams?bio=2894

You couldn’t meet a nicer woman. Extremely sweet, and a very “girly-girl”, but the minute she crosses the threshold to the gym, and absolute BEAST!

Her mother and I are co-workers.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8506 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they have it,watch Women’s water polo. Pretty aggressive game.

Posts: 134 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'll watch any of the shooting sports that they decide to air, which frankly I don't expect to be very much. Otherwise the summer games don't hold any interest for me at all. I'm more of a winter games guy.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dressage! I'm a big fan of Mrs. Mitt Romney. Wink

P229

Posts: 3942 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
The IOC tried to cut wrestling from the Olympics…

Seriously? One of the original Olympic sports? Roll Eyes
Seriously. IOC officially cut wrestling from the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, but wrestling spent the next few years successfully fighting its way back into the program.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/...stling-2020-olympics

And yes, the world's oldest sports are running and wrestling. They might as well cut the marathon while they're at it.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Serious Question please and I am NOT trying to open a can of worms with it. My wife asked me and Imdid not know this answer.

Did the Olympic Committee vote to allow transgendered athletes to compete in these games?

Posts: 3319 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Did the Olympic Committee vote to allow transgendered athletes to compete in these games?
The IOC leaves it up to each sport's international governing body to decide. At the Tokyo 2021 Olympics, there was a male-to-female trans weightlifter who competed w/ the women. She failed to medal, so we didn't hear much about her after that.

Nikki Hiltz won the women's 1500m at the US trials and therefore will represent the USA at the Paris Olympics. Hiltz was assigned as female at birth but identifies as transgender, non-binary and uses they/them pronouns. If you find that confusing, I'm right w/ you.

Hiltz either has not undergone Hormone Replacement Therapy or has done so at a level to remain below World Athletics' threshold for PEDs.

Lia Thomas was in the news a lot as a male-to-female transgender athlete who won some NCAA swimming titles in recent years. Although Lia was cleared to compete by NCAA rules, she petitioned and was denied by World Aquatics for Olympic eligibility.

If you want to read about a sad & complicated situation that leaves a non-binary athlete by the wayside, look up Caster Semenya. Semenya was a champion women's runner, but born intersex w/ male & female organs. Now it's not legal for her to compete as a woman or man. She's probably the best argument for a non-binary sports division.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
One of the two flag bearers for the US Olympic team is going to be LeBron James. Roll Eyes

There are great stories about regular people working to make the Olympics and they choose that guy?

Posts: 2689 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I don't like it but he was voted for by the Olympic athletes.

Not by a committee.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Sixteen y/o young lady is the youngest member of the British archery team -

https://www.teamgb.com/article...qVrh5xWxb2xops1gl4GZ

Posts: 11428 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
One of the two flag bearers for the US Olympic team is going to be LeBron James. Roll Eyes

There are great stories about regular people working to make the Olympics and they choose that guy?

Snoop Dog is going to carry the torch in the final leg, wonder if he'll light a fat one off it....

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I'll pass on a trip to Paris, thanks.

https://www.news18.com/world/a...gations-8976376.html

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I don't like it but he was voted for by the Olympic athletes.

Not by a committee.

Celebrity worship strikes again.
You'd think the vast majority of athletes who compete, who play a sport which only get highlighted every four-years, they'd have picked someone a bit more deserving particularly given the infrequency of these events. Instead, they pick a multimillionaire, who's dripping with endorsement deals, business partnerships, 24hr press reporting his every movement and a fawning fanbase, for this honor.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 15030 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Well, there was already a pitch invasion at the Morocco - Argentina futbol match last night that delayed the completion two hours.

No word if they called in the CRS or not.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I couldn't believe a drag queen held the torch so I looked it up and unless its B.S there were three drag queens involved. I showed my wife and for the first time in a long time I was truly speechless.

Posts: 1212 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Opening ceremonies are tomorrow.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
I couldn't believe a drag queen held the torch so I looked it up and unless its B.S there were three drag queens involved. I showed my wife and for the first time in a long time I was truly speechless.

Oui, trois reines de la drague.....

well it is France so...

Link

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
USWNT is playing Zambia right now on Peacock.

USWNT won 3-0

USMNT lost 3-0 to France

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PR64,

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Some large group launched a coordinated series of sabotage attacks against the French high speed rail network, apparently intended to disrupt the games in Paris.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31962 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post