Find
Notify
Tools

Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
I went to the 2012 Olympics and had a great time.

I always enjoyed the games.

What events do you like?

I went to soccer matches, Boxing matches, Basketball games and stumbled upon the finishing line of bike racing at Buckingham Palace.

GO USA!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the swimming events, the rivalry that's developed over the last 25 years with the US and Australia is enjoyable.

The sprints & relays are pretty entertaining, the build-up and crazy speed times are remarkable. Still trying to figure out how a small population of Jamaica is producing so many world class sprinters.

The indoor bike events are interesting, if anything the freakishly large legs of the riders is quite the sight.

I used to enjoy boxing but, that luster seems to have worn-off. Nothing compares to the time Roy Jones beat the living tar out of his South Korean opponent in the '88 games; it was so comically one-sided, the poor guy could barely stand yet Jones lost 2-3. Later it was revealed there was some wining & dining involved with the judges.

Posts: 15030 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
My watching is women's soccer, swimming (my kids were swimming from age group through college. even had trials at OTC), gymnastics, and track, especially long distance but not marathon. I had connections years go with UO athletes under Bowerman and Dellinger. Also shooting as I had FreePistol hopes being coached and mentored in the 70s

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6400 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
What events do you like?

There are quite a few events that I enjoy...archery, equestrian, diving, shooting, rowing, indoor cycling, canoe slalom, and swimming. Table tennis is fun to watch sometimes.

I have no interest in Olympic basketball. And I'll take a hard pass on break dancing. Big Grin

Posts: 2689 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Normally, I don't watch the Olympics. But, since my son began HS wrestling, it has infected our household, and we have watched the NCAA championships, FinalX, the World Team trials, etc. So, looks like we'll be watching Olympic wrestling, too.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I had to set up a lot of the infrastructure for the '96 Olympics in Atlanta in less than six months.

By the time the games started, I was sick of it all and stayed as far away from that crap as possible.

Maybe if they hadn't started the politics before the games (again), it would be a bit more interesting.

Now the rowing team can haul ass!

Big Grin

Posts: 9384 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I couldn't care less, except that I want the US women's basketball team to get their asses stomped.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If women's beach volleyball should happen to be on, I might watch that.

Posts: 28587 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Opening ceremony is Friday July 26th.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When is women's basketball? I'm looking forward to complete humiliation of the US team.

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Breakdancing an Olympic sport? The Olympics can GTH.

Posts: 9232 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not before a lesson in humility is taught.

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When is women's basketball? I'm looking forward to complete humiliation of the US team.

Here you go Para…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Breakdancing an Olympic sport? The Olympics can GTH.

That's what I thought too. Break Dancing? Really? Well shit, how about these as Olymic Sports too: Cocktail Shaking, Car waxing, Pole Dancing, Lawn Mowing.

For me the Olympics is like watching the sport of paint drying.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6775 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 229DAK:
Pole Dancing.

For me the Olympics is like watching the sport of paint drying.

They already have women's beach volleyball, so it's a small stretch to add pole dancing. Oh, and twerking.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Break dancing, an Olympic sport? I'll watch the Three Stooges instead. Curly was the original break dancer.

Posts: 28587 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Normally, I don't watch the Olympics. But, since my son began HS wrestling, it has infected our household, and we have watched the NCAA championships, FinalX, the World Team trials, etc. So, looks like we'll be watching Olympic wrestling, too.
I'm a fan of a lot of Olympic sports, but I despise the IOC. The IOC tried to cut wrestling from the Olympics, until the United World Wrestling got their act together and made a Hail Mary to preserve their sport in the Olympics.

Currently, the IOC is in the process of cutting Weightlifting. Mad
Snatch and Clean & Jerk are literally known as the Olympic lifts, and their sport is getting cut.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I hope the US shooting teams do well,

while probably not a summer sport, I do like to watch Curling

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10550 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The IOC tried to cut wrestling from the Olympics…

Seriously? One of the original Olympic sports? Roll Eyes

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We used to watch the games. We lost interest with questionable judging, trannies, way too many commercials. We’ll be watching old movies.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4271 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post