SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guns that looked cool but that was it
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns that looked cool but that was it Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
PPK/S. Interarms 1990's era.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
AK47. Specifically, an Arsenal SGL21.
I ended up not shooting it after a short time, much preferred my ARs, accuracy was not too good. Sold it years ago.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning Hi Power, 1970's-era. The stiff trigger was helped only marginally by removing the magazine disconnect, and the stiff safety was incurable despite some gunsmithing and eventually exchanging it for an enlarged one.

Accuracy was marginal although not unacceptable, but no amount of work would make it feed hollowpoints. I imagine a Bar-Sto barrel could have cured it, but they needed fitting by a gunsmith and rather than spend that money and still having a gun that wouldn't shoot +P ammo, I dumped it.

A newer BHP that addressed all those issues is on my wish list, but not near the top by any means.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Century Arms Galil in .223.

Mags were impossible to find and ridiculously expensive if you did find a few. It mangled brass, didn’t feed right, ejected on occasion without having to rubber mallet the charging handle open. Top it off, I overpaid and practically gave it away a few years later.

I wanted to like that thing so much. I did learn to not impulse buy from that ordeal, so I guess it was not all bad.

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
FN P-90

I really wanted one, and got the long barrel version (which was all you could buy). I wanted a short barreled version, but didn't want to deal with the hassle of having one customized... The long version did not look cool at all. Smile

I ended up selling it.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
SIG P230SL, 1995 vintage.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

Ditto. I have a blue Interarms Walther PPK/S .380. It’s simultaneously beautiful and business-like. But its DA trigger is gawd awful heavy, and its recoil is gawd awful sharp. My SIG P238 is sooo much better.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
quote:

This

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Century Arms CETME

A $400 - 308 Spanish Battle rifle assembled from parts by

Gunsmith hacks

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The AMT 380 Backup (not the DAO). Slim as a pancake. Not intended for anything but emergencies.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
SEI Crazy Horse. Smooth bore musket shoots tighter groups.

Honorable mention,

Mac 11
Kimber Eclipse
Century Golani

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6969 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The new Remington R51 is one for me. On paper and in the pictures it looked like the perfect carry pistol and then I got to actually touch one. Eek

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xtbone97x:
A Century Arms Galil in .223.

-Jeff

I still remember the first time I saw a Galil in Shotgun News circa 1983 or so - I was hooked. I just loved the look of that gun. Picked up the Century Golani after the ban was over and the joy just never happened. It was heavy and a bit ungainly and my short arms didn't like the length of pull at all. Whenever I went out to shoot I always grabbed the AR instead. Sold it on consignment to buy a new Camera lens a few year later and never looked back.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^This...

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Thought the Kimber Solo looked sweet. Then after it was released, the reports were just pouring in on it’s issues.

Talked myself out of it.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
An AMT Hardballer.

That thing looked slick, but really hated anything that wasn't ball ammo. Wouldn't feed any SD ammunition at all.

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
A S&W M19, later a 66, both in the cool-looking but not very practical 2½" barrel. These were not bad guns, but I couldn't hit anything with them. Now, one that was a steaming turd was a SIG 1911 back in 2007. It was so bad that after parts broke for the third time, SIG gave me a new one. But when that one broke I had it fixed, then sold it. For that matter, I haven't had any luck with 1911s; two others I had seldom got off more than 2-3 consecutive shots.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Dale:
quote:
PPK/S. Interarms 1990 1980's era.

^^^^^This...

And this...

quote:
An AMT Hardballer.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
You may not believe me, but the PPK/S. Traded it on a P99.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Century Arms CETME

A $400 - 308 Spanish Battle rifle assembled from parts by

Gunsmith hacks

I like mine... but, it’s had a lot of work done over time. It’ll never be a sniper rifle, but I’d be ok with it as battle rifle.

As for the OP.... the Mosquito. P series controls and looks in a cheap to practice platform! Sorta. I still have mine, it’s reliable with CCI, trigger will never be great.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post