SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guns that looked cool but that was it
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns that looked cool but that was it Login/Join 
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I believe it was the Beretta Cougar. Looked cool for some reason but the trigger pull was horribly long. Traded it off for a 1911 if I remember correctly.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
For me it was the Colt Python. I just could not get used to the stacking double action trigger. I have owned two, before they became crazy expensive. The second one I had worked on by Austin Belhert ( our own Bruce Gray was working there at the time...) Even then the slight stacking drove me to sell it.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Sig Mosquito for me. I bought one with great anticipation, and then couldn't wait to dump it.

Another was a Colt Series 80 1911 back years ago. Honestly, probably stuff that could have been fixed easily, but it was a jam-o-matic.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
For me it was the Colt Python. I just could not get used to the stacking double action trigger. I have owned two, before they became crazy expensive. The second one I had worked on by Austin Belhert ( our own Bruce Gray was working there at the time...) Even then the slight stacking drove me to sell it.

I love my Python, but I do agree on the trigger feel. Way too cool to sell for me, but I think I prefer S&W triggers.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, although I still want one, is the Wildey. After holding one at a gun show, I fell in love with it but it is way too big and heavy for anything I would have any use for.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Browning BDM. First auto pistol I owned and it had a horrible trigger. Thought it would be a modern Hi Power, it wasn't.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My Desert Eagles were like that for me. Once the novelty wore off they just monopolized the fourth shelf in the safe. Seems I have a fickle relationship with 92fs pistols too. The AK47 was nothing to write home about. Can't seem to love Glocks for very long either.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
Star Firestar M43 in Starvel.....I couldn't stop it from chewing up firing pins.....Loved the gun!.....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Another one I thought was cool was the Beretta Px4.
Liked the rotating barrel, and fit well in my hand.

Shot a co-worker's full-size, and I couldn't get anything resembling a decent group.
Completely turned me off.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W 6906, always looked cooler than it shot

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
ensigmatic described my experience with the Glock 22. GT Dist always has PD trade-ins so I bought a 2nd gen for $289. The allure of carrying 30 rds of 0.40 caliber was irresistable. I was going to use it for the Limited and Limited 10 divisions of USPSA. The dang G22 grouped like a smooth bore musket. I traded it and a Ruger 95 for a Beretta 89 Gold Standard.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
For some reason, I get very little satisfaction out of AR-15s. I’ve owned a bunch of them and always ended up selling them. I currently own a Colt Combat Unit Carbine that I bought in May of last year. I’ve accessorized it, swapped out some parts including the trigger and charging handle, yet still haven’t shot it. I’m not saying that it’s a bad gun, it just doesn’t do much for me as I’d rather shoot my handguns and 10/22. Sometimes I think the only thing that makes me keep it is knowing how great they fill the self-defense role.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the Beretta 9000s looked kinda cool, so I made an impulse buy. This thing had some of the worst ergonomics of any pistol I've ever held. The grip felt big enough for a .45 triple stack magazine. The safety/decocker was horribly designed and it probably took less effort to turn a train track switching lever than to operate the safety. I don't know if any Beretta employee bothered to shoot or test one before it was dumped upon the unsuspecting public.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3527 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post