SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mehmet Oz is running for US Senate in my state
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mehmet Oz is running for US Senate in my state Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
"Hi,Goodnight everybody."

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ That's how every debate should be started henceforth.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
I blame his leftist, activist power-hungry wife.
Gosh, that sort of sounds familiar.

Some are speculating that the plan is to get Fetterman elected and then have him step down for health reasons, and then Shapiro (if elected governor) would appoint his nasty wife to the seat.

Morticia Fetterman

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I was fully expecting Festerman to start ordering french fried taters and biscuits with mustard, mmmm hmmmm.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Guy makes Kamala sound like a Rhodes Scholar

Now wouldn't THAT be an entertaining debate? Harris vs. Fetterman! Big Grin

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It was like the Scarecrow debating OZ.

Oh wait, it was.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Don’t count out Fetterman, we’re talking a Blue state, he still can pull it off, don’t doubt the Democratic machine getting the votes. In a normal world you’d say he’s toast, but it’s not a normal world, or a fair one.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
His campaign slogan should be "Hire the handicapped". He might have a better shot.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Don’t count out Fetterman, we’re talking a Blue state, he still can pull it off, don’t doubt the Democratic machine getting the votes. In a normal world you’d say he’s toast, but it’s not a normal world, or a fair one.

After all, Joe Biden is now in the White House.

And as I said earlier, people have been voting in Pennsylvania for nearly a month already. The debate was irrelevant to those people.

And Pennsylvania is more accurately a purple state than a blue state. And I'd even argue more red than blue in many ways.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
His campaign slogan should be "Hire the handicapped". He might have a better shot.

More effective,

"Hire the handicapped, they're fun to watch."

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin LOL, now it's the captioning equipment that is to blame, not the brain-dead gibbering candidate:

quote:

Fetterman Blames The Closed Captioning System After His Train Wreck Debate

After Pennsylvania Senate candidate John Fetterman had difficulty speaking during his highly anticipated debate with Mehmet Oz, the stroke survivor’s campaign blamed the captioning system provided for him as being “delayed” and “filled with errors.”

Nexstar’s communications chief said both candidates were given a chance to test the system twice, but Fetterman chose to only do one rehearsal.

Fetterman is still recovering from a stroke he suffered in May. The debate included closed captioning as an accommodation. Ahead of the debate, both campaigns agreed to have everything the moderators and Oz said typed out on a large screen by captioners providing live transcriptions.

The organizer of the sole debate between John Fetterman and Dr. Mehmet Oz fired back after Fetterman’s campaign alleged that the closed captioning system deployed to assist the stroke survivor was slow and “riddled with errors.”
Fetterman’s camp made the allegations in a statement just after the Pennsylvania Democratic lieutenant governor’s disastrous debate performance Tuesday night, which the campaign praised.

“We are thrilled with John’s performance. He did remarkably well tonight – especially when you consider that he’s still recovering from a stroke and was working off of delayed captions filled with errors,” Fetterman communications director Joe Calvello told reporters.

“John won countless exchanges, counter-punched aggressively, and pushed back on Oz’s cruelty and attacks,” Calvello said.

The host of the debate responded to the Fetterman campaign with fire, knocking down their excuses and stating the system worked as expected.
“It is unfortunate that Mr. Fetterman is now criticizing the closed captioning process employed by Nexstar during tonight’s debate,” Nexstar communications chief Gary Weitman said in a statement.

“Both candidates agreed to the technical set-up for the closed captioning process weeks ago, which was implemented at the request of the Fetterman campaign. Both candidates were offered the opportunity for two full rehearsals with the same equipment used in tonight’s debate; Mr. Fetterman chose to do only one,” the statement continues.

Weitman concludes by definitively stating that the closed captioning system functioned “as expected” during the live debate.
“The closed captioning process functioned as expected during rehearsal and again during tonight’s debate. We regret that Mr. Fetterman and his campaign feel otherwise,” Weitman said.

Fetterman Blames The Closed Captioning System After His Train Wreck Debate

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
If Fetterman was a Republican his debate performance would be the opening skit on this week's Saturday Night Live and every Dem knows it.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
All DNC candidates today: “Out, out damn spot.”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
If Fetterman was a Republican his debate performance would be the opening skit on this week's Saturday Night Live and every Dem knows it.

Yet they won't touch Lurch with a 40 foot pole

I heard rumors that SNL is trying to limp along to their 50th anniversary but the show will finally end after that. It's been dead to me for years now

posted Hide Post
quote:
John won countless exchanges, counter-punched aggressively, and pushed back on Oz’s cruelty and attacks,” Calvello said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
REALLY?? It was more like DOWN GOES FRAZIER FROM THE OUTSET!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to hear a conversation between Fetterman and Biden -

Or (better yet?) a debate?

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Heard an ad on the radio today, Shapiro the Dem candidate for governor in PA is now running ads trying to distance himself from Fetterman. Saying he does not agree with Fetterman and letting murderers out of jail.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Heard an ad on the radio today, Shapiro the Dem candidate for governor in PA is now running ads trying to distance himself from Fetterman. Saying he does not agree with Fetterman and letting murderers out of jail.

Karl Rove's PAC is behind that. Yep...that Karl Rove. The Republican.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:

Karl Rove's PAC is behind that. Yep...that Karl Rove. The Republican.

I did not know that, but it doesn't surprise me.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rewatched Night of the Living Dead last night. I swear Fetterman had a main role as one of the Zombies. Film is a classic.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post