SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mehmet Oz is running for US Senate in my state
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mehmet Oz is running for US Senate in my state Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well now President Trump is urging Oz to "declare victory" even though the votes are still being counted, the race is very close, and no winner has been declared.

No, I don't think that's the right thing to do. I would say that even if i wanted Oz to win. Does this say something about President Trump when he suggests that Oz do this? Everyone has to decide that for themselves.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I'm still trying to get my head around the notion that we should be voting for the "right" candidate...even though we know they can't win.

That's just BS that they've been feeding you. Nobody "knows" anything. How do you know? Being hoodwinked by so-called experts into thinking only so and so candidate has a chance of winning is why we are where we are, the country being controlled the Uniparty maggots. Trump probably still has a bunch of bad people in his inner circle giving him bad advice picking some shitty candidates. There were absolutely no logical reasons to endorse this fake conservative Oz guy. As mentioned above, if he had all out thrown his weight behind Barnette, she most likely would have won. Then, let real game begin for November. Too bad, now we are stuck with either a total fraud or another globalist establishment elite to represent the GOP in PA. Sad.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm still trying to get my head around the notion that we should be voting for the "right" candidate...even though we know they can't win.

Patently ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well now President Trump is urging Oz to "declare victory" even though the votes are still being counted, the race is very close, and no winner has been declared.

Apparently, Trump's reasoning for that is that it would then make it harder for Oz to get cheated out of his victory. Say what? Roll Eyes

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

That's just BS that they've been feeding you. Nobody "knows" anything. How do you know? Being hoodwinked by so-called experts into thinking only so and so candidate has a chance of winning is why we are where we are, the country being controlled the Uniparty maggots. Trump probably still has a bunch of bad people in his inner circle giving him bad advice picking some shitty candidates. There were absolutely no logical reasons to endorse this fake conservative Oz guy. As mentioned above, if he had all out thrown his weight behind Barnette, she most likely would have won. Then, let real game begin for November. Too bad, now we are stuck with either a total fraud or another globalist establishment elite to represent the GOP in PA. Sad.

No, no. I'm not talking about what the polls say. I never pay attention to the polls. What I am talking about is when YOU know the person has no chance to win. A good example is here in Missouri, back in 2012 I think, Claire McCaskill was running against a guy named Todd Akin, the republican. That idiot said in a local interview with some news network that if a woman gets raped, she won't get pregnant because her body can just "shut that down". No, I am not making that up. Those comments were played over and over for months. Hell man, I knew he had no chance to win...none, zip. He didn't.

Balze Halze: Yup. Totally ridiculous.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Every case is different and unique to themselves. What does the McCaskill/Adkin case have anything to do with the PA GOP primary senate race? Zero. Who knows who can or cannot win in this? If anyone said so, they are full of it. The left and right all tried to smear Barnette, and sadly, a lot GOP voters bought into that shit.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. OZ decided to take Trump's advice and is now declaring that he won, despite the fact that the mail in ballots currently being counted are breaking for McCormick. Trump is on his Truth Social platform this morning declaring that all these mail in McCormick ballots are "fraudulent."
Seems like I might have seen this movie before.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Dr. OZ decided to take Trump's advice and is now declaring that he won, despite the fact that the mail in ballots currently being counted are breaking for McCormick. Trump is on his Truth Social platform this morning declaring that all these mail in McCormick ballots are "fraudulent."
Seems like I might have seen this movie before.

So you think Biden got 81 million votes in an honest election? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, no. I'm not talking about what the polls say. I never pay attention to the polls. What I am talking about is when YOU know the person has no chance to win. A good example is here in Missouri, back in 2012 I think, Claire McCaskill was running against a guy named Todd Akin, the republican. That idiot said in a local interview with some news network that if a woman gets raped, she won't get pregnant because her body can just "shut that down". No, I am not making that up. Those comments were played over and over for months. Hell man, I knew he had no chance to win...none, zip. He didn't.

Except this is different. Todd Akin didn't have "no chance to win". If he had remained silent and gone to Florida between August and November he would have won. He had one really bad interview, which was a set-up. It made Charles Jaco's career. Akin never should have allowed himself to be drawn in like that. It was stupid. He should have said, I'm Pro-Life. End of story. Next topic.

BUT... Despite that mistake, I remember him fondly. He was a consistent conservative and had a strong voting record in Congress. Much better than the mushy Ann Wagner who replaced him.
Todd Akin, RIP

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

So you think Biden got 81 million votes in an honest election? Roll Eyes[/QUOTE]

I never drew that conclusion. I don't know how many votes Biden got, but I do know there were huge problems with the election that likely affected the outcome. I am very hopeful that some of the voter integrity laws that have been passed will help insure that elections are more fair and more honest. To borrow an expression, I'll put my cards out on the table. Do I think that there were "irregularities" or instances of voter fraud in the election. Yes I do. Do I think that every single allegation of fraud by Trump (in every single state where he says it happened) had merit. No I don't. I try to have an open mind. If you are convinced that Biden won "fair and square" I think you need to be open to honest facts that say otherwise. If you think that every single last one of the multiple allegations of fraud made by Trump had merit, I also think you need to be open to facts that say otherwise.

As a nation we need to have confidence that the results of elections are accurate. Right now we don't have that.

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Except this is different. Todd Akin didn't have "no chance to win". If he had remained silent and gone to Florida between August and November he would have won. He had one really bad interview, which was a set-up. It made Charles Jaco's career. Akin never should have allowed himself to be drawn in like that. It was stupid. He should have said, I'm Pro-Life. End of story. Next topic.

BUT... Despite that mistake, I remember him fondly. He was a consistent conservative and had a strong voting record in Congress. Much better than the mushy Ann Wagner who replaced him.
Todd Akin, RIP

Chellim: Yes, I do believe Akin would have won if he had not made that comment, but, the fact is...he DID make that comment, in a live interview on TV no less. That is why I said he had no chance to win. The sad thing is, he actually believed that. That was what Rush Limbaugh said the day after and I agree with it.

As the weeks went by every single female I know (including my very conservative wife) said there is no way they would vote for him after that. Hence, my conclusion that "he could not win".

I didn't really didn't know a lot about the man but sans that one comment I believe he was a solid conservative and most likely would have beat McCaskill. Shoot, I didn't even know he had died.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
McCormick concedes

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ce-to-dr-oz-n2608222

Early Friday evening Republican and former hedge fund manager David McCormick conceded to Dr. Mehmet Oz in the race to become the next U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dr. Freakin Oz. Unbelievable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
A Republican that is anti gun is no better than a democrat to me. I will remember this when November rolls around and be of no help to Oz (the only R on the ballot I can say that about).

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Great, another WHORable RINO. Not what this country needs.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what it was, but Trump saw things he liked in Oz. These politicians seem to be able to change on a dime.......maybe he will change for the better.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's obvious that Trump supported Dr. Oz because he has always been drawn to celebrities. Same thing with Herschel Walker in Georgia. I don't think Trump's "advisers" are responsible for these selections.

Herschel Walker said he didn't want to run, but Trump convinced him. I'm hopeful Herschel can beat his opponent, but people I know in Georgia say there were stronger choices out there.

posted Hide Post
It could be as simple as Trump giving the finger to the R party or maybe OZ was the only one thought to be winnable. Any friend of Oprah's would be an auto NO vote, but the establishment R's have screwed us plenty

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by oldbill123:
maybe OZ was the only one thought to be winnable.

There was Oz and McCormick, but people are forgetting Barnette who took 24.7% of the vote. Oz got only 31.2% of the vote, but he did beat McCormick.

With the exception of Ohio, when there are multiple candidates, a Trump endorsement has only been good for around 30% in any state. I just find it hard to believe that OZ was the Republican's best choice,

posted Hide Post
Seems clear that the Republican party is the old Democrat party and the current Democrat party is the Communist party

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post