SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JD Vance - Tim Walz Debate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JD Vance - Tim Walz Debate Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Not, uhhh, evil enough, I guess?

That angry, shrewish screeching was like fingernails on a chalkboard, but the desperation in her voice somehow managed to make it bearable.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Vance has certainly started to position himself as the heir apparent.

I had the same thoughts, and it filled me with hope. I think a real contender as the next champion for the American people has emerged. We need it.

Posts: 17674 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
At this moment in time, Scott Jennings (or Lonely Scott as Bill Maher refers to him) has become my new favorite media talking head.

https://x.com/ScottJenningsKY/.../1841853550927708418

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4957 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I wish I had been a fly on the wall watching President Trump as he viewed the VP debate.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9469 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Good post debate interview and often very funny. JD is a hoot. Smile

Posts: 9850 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I wish I had been a fly on the wall watching President Trump as he viewed the VP debate.

Was thinking the same thing about watching Kamala, Obama and Hillary.... bet that would have been entertaining.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

Grumpy1, God Bless You for sharing that video!!
That was the most honest, heartwarming interview with ANY politician I’ve ever seen.
When someone is honest, they don’t have to bullshit you.
There is only one truth and if you tell it, your story (or your “point of view”) doesn’t change.

JD is someone I think me or *any* of my buddies could hang with talking about fishing, hunting or just BSing and telling jokes, lies and stories and feeling totally comfortable.

It’s been said that some folks were uneasy about JD being tapped for VP. I wasn’t and I was hoping it would be him when it was reported he was on “the short list”.
I have seen how articulate he was and personally, I have never seen him try to BS his way through an interview.
(I haven’t watched every single one but I’ve seen enough to make up my mind. His initial views on DJT were critical, he said he was wrong.)

This guy is a family man and found himself pushed into politics because things were not getting better.
I think we’re all better off for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KMitch200,

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
KMitch200, I agree wholeheartedly, and thanks again for that video, Grumpy1. JD definitely comes across like a decent, honest guy, and that video just reinforced my thoughts on his debate performance.

I've had some internal struggles with Donald Trump. While I like his policies and greatly appreciate his courage and determination in implementing them, there are some aspects of the man's moral character and persona that I find hard to stomach. If JD can learn from Trump's strengths during the next four years and really get a handle on his policies and leadership abilities, then couple those with his articulate down-to-earth approach, he'll be a fantastic candidate in 2028.

Posts: 9247 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

That was fun. Thank you for posting.

God bless America.

Posts: 13907 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Glad you guys liked it. I started watching it and couldn't stop. Great video to share with anyone who doesn't know much about him and willing to watch with an open mind.

The part where he was talking about grey wolves being protected species and how they are wiping out moose population and he says that maybe they need to let loose a few of them in the neighborhoods of those voting to protect them had me rolling on the floor. Big Grin

I could picture a leftist Karen going into her backyard to check on Fluffy and finding this:

Posts: 9850 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
One of the things that struck me was here is a politician who isn’t the devil. Midwestern nice and smart as can be. Daddy didn’t hand him a million dollars and say, “Go run for office, we can make a killing.”

When you listen to someone like Hitllery, you wonder, “What did she do with the horns?”

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post