SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JD Vance - Tim Walz Debate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JD Vance - Tim Walz Debate Login/Join 
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a debate participant look as uncomfortable as Walz did last night. If you watch clips of the Nixon/Kennedy debate from 1960, Nixon does have a beard shadow and seems a little sweaty, but Walz looked terrified and his facial expressions were quite bizarre. He basically did a Joe Biden on the question about his trips to China. Vance beat up on everyone spewing leftist nonsense and that even included the moderators at times. They will not talk about this one very long.

Posts: 2050 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Agree, Take the high road.

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Walz stated his son had to witness a school shooting. When, where?

This.

I want to know the real facts of this matter. I tried to find any corroborating information and cannot find anything.

If his kid experienced a shooting with his own eyes, I will gladly offer my empathy and stand with his son on the lifelong effects.

If Walz played a bullshit card, I want that fact screamed 24x7 from every rooftop, soapbox and social media platform, that Walz is just adding to his long list of lies and stealing other's valor...

There will be a record of this, if true. I'm gonna have to see it.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/CurtisHouck/status/1841330223037686163

CNN's
@ScottJenningsKY
on the #VPDebate: "It's pretty clear Vance outclassed Walz tonight. I mean, I was watching this and all I could think of was -- man, Walz is so in over his head. I mean, can you imagine this guy sitting in the White House Situation Room with that facial expression that's like 50% sheer terror and 50% extreme bafflement? I mean, it was amazing the split-screen difference between a competent Vance and a totally in over his head, Walz. The answer on why he lied about his trips to China and the Tiananmen Square thing was probably the worst VP debate meltdown since Stockdale in '92, you know, 'who am I and why am I here?' It was two-and-a-half minutes of absolute terrible. For Vance, night of redemption. All the political media has told us that Vance was a terrible pick and Walz was going to bring in all these voters. That charade is now over. Walz does not belong at this level of American politics. Vance does. Final verdict? Tim Walz wandered into the wrong bar tonight."

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tampon Tim
Trotsky Tim
Tiananmen Tim?

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
why does this image come to mind.....

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11105 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I just read that JD stayed there for a while in the Situation Room and took lots of questions while Walz literally ran out of there with his wife and went to a pizza place for a photo op. Amazing.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I just read that JD stayed there for a while in the Situation Room and took lots of questions while Walz literally ran out of there with his wife and went to a pizza place for a photo op. Amazing.

Some stand and fight, while some cut and run.

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Am I mistaken, or did Timmy have a tear stream down his eye at some point? If so, I think it was sheer terror of being on stage.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Moderators lying about gun violence right off the bat - largest cause of death for children. Roll Eyes

Yet nobody dares bring up the gang issues in Chicago and the like.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11105 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
why does this image come to mind.....

There is an asteroid orbiting earth right now! Maybe Walz was trying to beam himself up to it.

Posts: 4460 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Am I mistaken, or did Timmy have a tear stream down his eye at some point? If so, I think it was sheer terror of being on stage.

Tony.

He was red faced and sweaty

Not ready for prime time

And back to the whole "JD is WEIRD!" thing the Dems tried for a while, ironically it was JD who was cool, calm and collected and definitely not coming across as weird while this guy DID out himself as a big giant weirdo last night. They are the masters of projection!

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Here in the Bay Area local news had a poll on who won the VP debate.

Vance 51% - Walz 49%

That means it was a wipeout if Vance won even here in the SF Bay Area.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

This.

I want to know the real facts of this matter. I tried to find any corroborating information and cannot find anything.

If his kid experienced a shooting with his own eyes, I will gladly offer my empathy and stand with his son on the lifelong effects.

If Walz played a bullshit card, I want that fact screamed 24x7 from every rooftop, soapbox and social media platform, that Walz is just adding to his long list of lies and stealing other's valor...

I'd like to know if his son was a true witness/participant v. David Hogg riding his bike back to school after the event.

Posts: 4254 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4200 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Did you know, that there were originally actually four(4) members of each of the comedy teams of the “3 Stooges” and the Marx Brothers? They were comedic geniuses.

3 Stooges: Moe, Larry, Curly, and Shemp
Marx Brothers: Groucho, Chico, Harpo, and Zeppo

But now they have been replaced by Idiots (Obama & Biden), a Moron (Harris), and a Buffoon (Walz).

Mark Twain had it right in observing: "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it".

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2808 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I settled in to watch the debate yesterday after a long day. It was clear from the first time Walz looked over at Vance on the first question that Walz was uncomfortable and either terrified, anxious, completely outmatched, or some combination thereof. Vance first thanked everyone, qualified himself and why he was on stage, and I'm looking at Walz, who looks like he's thinking "damn, I wish I thought of that, I just launched into the prep stuff instead. Damn."

I fell asleep shortly thereafter, and missed all of the rest of it. It looks like things didn't get any better for Walz after that, but my impression was that while I hadn't heard of Vance before he got picked, and didn't know anything of him, that he looked presidential. He was calm, collected, confident. I was already going to vote for him, but now I feel really good about doing so. He seems to be a quality candidate.

And the cherry on top, I must say, are the memes so far. Just... damn. Big Grin

Posts: 17674 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vance shows what a quality education can do. He was also intelligent to begin with. Walz looked like the 8th grade gym teacher trying to keep up.

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:

Just check out Walz's friends list on social media.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought he said it was at a recreation center.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post