SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JD Vance - Tim Walz Debate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JD Vance - Tim Walz Debate Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I just read that JD stayed there for a while in the Situation Room and took lots of questions while Walz literally ran out of there with his wife and went to a pizza place for a photo op. Amazing.

We’ll be has a track record of running and hiding when the rubber hit the road.

Posts: 53849 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Vance will be in jail for this murder. LOL

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both sides claimed victory .

Posts: 4271 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Scott Jennings on CNN is like kryptonite to all their leftist talking heads. Love that guy.

Q

Posts: 27608 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not, uhhh, evil enough, I guess?

Don't agree with your debate opponent, on any topic or point, because, uhhh, the stupid people won't be able to distinguish between the candidates. Got it. It's a comic book.

Perhaps if Vance had punched Walz in the side of his head? Roll Eyes

https://x.com/realDailyWire/st.../1841328696042336692

posted Hide Post
This is the article associated with the pic that Z06 posted on the previous page.

Funny stuff! You know things are bad, REALLY bad, when you loose support from the NAoSS - -

https://babylonbee.com/news/sc...that-weirdo-tim-walz

Posts: 3588 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Newt gets it.

At VP debate a star is born and Trump is vindicated

The vice presidential debate on Tuesday night was staggeringly one-sided.

Sen. JD Vance was poised, calm, friendly, likable, and in control of the facts and himself.

By contrast, Gov. Tim Walz began the debate so nervous it was painful to watch. Then he made a series of mistakes which were cumulatively disqualifying. It was hard to believe he is on a national ticket.

Callista and I went to bed on Tuesday night convinced that Sen. Vance had won a substantial triumph. In that victory, he also vindicated President Donald J. Trump’s gamble in selecting a running mate so early in his career. At 40, with only two years in the U.S. Senate, Vance is only a few months older than Richard Nixon when President Dwight Eisenhower picked him to be the Republican vice presidential nominee in 1952. Nixon would remain a major part of the political scene for 42 years. That would give Sen. Vance a potential role in American government and politics until 2066.

When I got up on Wednesday morning, virtually all the commentaries validated the sense that the debate was something extraordinary.

This new reality was best summarized by Mark Halperin in the Wide World of News newsletter:

"1. One can pretend, as most of the Dominant Media does, that Tim Walz was not ‘clobbered’ by JD Vance, but, as honest Joe Klein (fully credentialed as second-to-none in contempt for Donald Trump and Vance) told the world, Walz was indeed clobbered, so badly that it ‘wasn’t as bad as Biden’s debilitated performance in June, but it was close.’ Remember: Biden’s performance] was so bad it ended his candidacy and career."

Pollster Frank Luntz tweeted that his focus group voted 12 to 2 that Vance had won.

Glenn Greenwald posted on X: "The most bizarre part of that debate was how Tim Walz repeatedly and flagrantly undercut Dems' core attack on Trump/Vance: that they're "weird," freakish dangers wildly out of the mainstream.

"Everything Walz said treated Vance as a totally normal, reasonable, likable colleague."

https://x.com/ggreenwald/status/1841317897030844881

New York Times columnist Ross Douthat posted: "I would rate that the most successful Republican debate performance of this century, eclipsing Romney in the first debate with Obama in 2012."

Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume had no regard for the performances of moderators Norah O'Donnell and Margaret Brennan, saying they were "obnoxious" and made the debate a three-on-one proposition against Vance.

These were just a few. The Trump-Vance campaign collected no fewer than 22 journalists and public figures who agreed that Vance trounced Walz.

Donald Trump Jr. was the third big winner in this debate. He had strongly backed Sen. Vance as a running mate and worked to get his father to pick him. That choice certainly seemed to work out brilliantly.

As Caitlin Doornbos in the NY Post wrote, Gov. Walz’s problems started at the beginning.

"Tim Walz got one chance to make a first impression at Tuesday night’s vice presidential debate, and blew it before his opponent, JD Vance, even got the chance to speak."

His nerves clearly kept him from meeting the challenge.

Finally, Gov. Walz said a couple of things that were just weird.

In a clear moment of confusion, he said he'd become "friends with school shooters." When asked why he had lied about being at Tiananmen Square during the 1989 suppression and killing of students demonstrating for democracy, Walz ultimately called himself a "knucklehead" for simply saying something that was false.

Being the "knucklehead candidate" is not a good way to campaign for the last five weeks before the election.

After last night, Sen. Vance is a huge national figure among Republicans and conservatives. He will have much more impact campaigning than he did before the debate.

After Tuesday night, Gov. Walz will be seen by most Americans as someone who is clearly not ready to be president or vice president.

Vice President Kamala Harris’s comment that she was exhausted and sleepless when she picked him will now look like a first step toward minimizing his role – and her ability to make decisions under pressure.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm finally getting to watch this...still just partway through it.

Vance is debating with the confidence of someone who is telling the truth. He also has the advantage of a sound platform, so all he has to do is explain it, not defend it. He comes across as agreeable, sympathetic, and logical.

Walz looks scared and flustered. His answer to the China question was a non-answer, and told the viewers that "he's a knucklehead" who gets "caught up in the rhetoric"...basically a liar.

In contrast, Vance owned his comments about Trump, accepted that he was wrong, and explained why his position changed.

And yes, the moderators are horrible.

Posts: 9247 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The DNC and left media after getting absolutely destroyed at the VP debate

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'm finally getting to watch this...still just partway through it.

Vance is debating with the confidence of someone who is telling the truth. He also has the advantage of a sound platform, so all he has to do is explain it, not defend it. He comes across as agreeable, sympathetic, and logical.

Walz looks scared and flustered. His answer to the China question was a non-answer, and told the viewers that "he's a knucklehead" who gets "caught up in the rhetoric"...basically a liar.

In contrast, Vance owned his comments about Trump, accepted that he was wrong, and explained why his position changed.

And yes, the moderators are horrible.

What you are watching is someone who speaks with conviction that comes from the heart. You never have to think about what you are saying because it's your conviction, your truth, it remains the same. The contrast is a liar. Someone without real conviction, not speaking the truth in his heart because he has none. He is a liar and has told so many versions he's afraid to speak contradictions.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

What you are watching is someone who speaks with conviction that comes from the heart. You never have to think about what you are saying because it's your conviction, your truth, it remains the same. The contrast is a liar. Someone without real conviction, not speaking the truth in his heart because he has none. He is a liar and has told so many versions he's afraid to speak contradictions.

I'm going to get a little pedantic here, but I think it's important.

"Your truth." We need to stop saying this. It's just "the truth." A liar can absolutely believe what they're saying, in fact, the best liars do. Introducing qualifiers like "yours" and "my" to things that shouldn't be debatable like the truth serves nobody. The left use this phraseology to bolster and uplift the delusions of a host of people we can take one look at and see that they're living in an alternate reality - the language is being formed and changed around this with "your truth," living "their truth" and so forth. It's starting to creep into our own lexicon. We would do well to reject this. The truth, gentlemen, is not a subjective thing, and Vance spoke precisely with such conviction and poise because he was simply speaking the truth.

Posts: 17674 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I know little about the National Guard but a fair amount about leadership and soldiers. I lost all respect for Timmy when his stolen valor and his failure to deploy shenanigans were exposed by formerly fellow soldiers.
This character thinks he's right and capable to be the co-pilot to the leader of the free world. Having an inflated opinion of yourself isn't all that rare, but this, this, this is a flaming, eats his own poop, shrieking moron who has the gravitas and command presence of a homeless dude you see eating fish heads out of a garbage can in a Seattle alley.

He said he was a knucklehead; no Timmy, a knucklehead can be fun at a party and oops, not you. You need to go away and not be seen or heard from again.

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
...A liar can absolutely believe what they're saying, in fact, the best liars do...

Q

Posts: 27608 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
The truth, gentlemen, is not a subjective thing, and Vance spoke precisely with such conviction and poise because he was simply speaking the truth.

I agree 100%

Posts: 9247 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

Yep. Someone who is constantly trying to backtrack to think about their lies and a lifetime of deceit to keep it going.

And the crooked media will not call him out for the most part.

I know Para warned about not thinking too far ahead but our country can be very prosperous for the next 12 years after suffering very badly these past 4 years. 4 years of President Trump followed by 8 years of President Vance sounds pretty damn good to me!

Posts: 13313 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Vance has certainly started to position himself as the heir apparent.

Posts: 2050 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The latest cope I’m seeing on leftist social media, LMAO!

“Trump will be angry that Vance upstaged him”

“Trump will punish Vance for looking and sounding better than him, this was a major mistake picking him”

These people are absolutely broken by Trump and I love it

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Both sides claimed victory .

EDIT:Rightwire- I thought I read through the thread, but somehow I managed to miss yours. My bad.

The DNC:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TigerDore,

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post