SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    To all of my Sig Forum family in Florida be safe and get ready ( update main page, here we go again 11-07-2022)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To all of my Sig Forum family in Florida be safe and get ready ( update main page, here we go again 11-07-2022) Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
While not a static pic if you hit this YT link right now their camera on Venice Fishing Pier is incredible. May not last. as of 4:50 central time, it's been blowing whiteout conditions and sideways for nearly two hours. Sometimes being on the edge of eye worse than direct hit.

This channel has been great. They deployed a lot of cameras around the area and have shared live all day, also giving some to TWC (for funds I'm sure). Very well done.

Linky

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12727 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My location is I4 and us27.
So far
average wind speed 14mph
Current wind speed 12mph
Wind Gust 29mph
Total rain fall since 12midnight 9-28-2022, 2.15 inches
Still have power however lights flickers twice earlier.
This is as per my weather station in my back yard.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2644 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Granddaughter in Fort Myers @FGCU.
Grandson in Orlando @UCF.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7303 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
If people want to post their location and any weather information/conditions they have it might be helpful.
I know some of our Sig forum family may not have power/strong internet and they might not be able to see whats going on.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2644 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A friend in Ft Myers has basically lost his first floor condo.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There should be some drone video. Insurance companies and disaster response teams send them in to protect themselves. May be a while.
We evacuated before Katrina. It was two weeks before we had an answer on our home. Only 50 thousand in damages, we felt lucky as many lost their lives. Take care and good luck.

Posts: 17543 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIL has a house just NW of Colonial Blvd and 867 in Ft Myers. Her neighbor who stayed reports that homes on her steet have anywhere from 2 to 6 feet of water in them as of a couple of hour ago.

Posts: 681 | Location: MA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Just had reports from two friends the Aurburndale area of Polk county just lost power. Not sure if it is entire area of just certain parts.

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
I figure our place (10 miles N of Arcadia) is pretty close to being under the eye of it right now. I'm usually an optimist but I am concerned this time. It's a manufactured home and Ian is currently a Cat 3. Not a good combination.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
In Thonotosassa just northeast of Tampa. Moderate rain, winds maybe 20-30 mph with 40+ gusts

Just lost power. A little "hilly" here for FLA.

Posts: 4391 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Just had reports from two friends the Aurburndale area of Polk county just lost power. Not sure if it is entire area of just certain parts.

I've still got power (luckily). I'm on the Tampa Electric grid. I'm very surprised. I've lost power over lightning storms here recently but somehow haven't yet. We've had about five power flickers, completely off for a second and right back on, which I can only assume that an automated re-route occurred to isolate the damaged part of the grid.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5534 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
9:01pm in Orlando, just SE of downtown. Wind is picking up, rain is getting harder, lightning has started. Power has flickered a couple of time, but stayed on so far.

We should be able to stay dry, no flood concern where I am located. Lots of trees though, so just have to hope we do not get unlucky and the wrong tree takes down the wrong power line.

Praying for all those from Naples to Venice. When the sun comes up tomorrow and the news crews broadcast from that region, it is not going to be good.

Posts: 2365 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve come to realize that perhaps most of us have friends or family in Florida; I have both. So sorry that this is happening.

Posts: 13611 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Altamonte Springs here (bordering the north side of Orlando). We have had some moderate to heavy rain, some wind, and a bit of thunder at times.

Temperature about ten to fifteen degrees cooler than it has been for the past few weeks, at this time in the evening. Cool is good. Heat is fuel for the storm.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31472 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Looks like we're down to a CAT1 now. We're getting harsh winds here in Auburndale (north central Polk County). I'd say 60 to 80 MPH.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5534 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My brother just texted me. He's above Tampa & is OK, but his boy had to leave his house in Cape Coral in the Ft. Myers area, and go inland 3 miles to a friend's house, because his area was going to take a direct hit. He said he was watching the roofs blow off the houses in the new development where he's staying. He sent his wife & kids to stay with my brother, but he works for the power company & has to take a crew out tomorrow. He has no way of knowing right now, but figures his roof is gone...at the very least.

At least they're safe.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My location is I4 and us27.
So far
Average wind speed 20mph
Current wind speed 19mph
Wind gust 30mph
Total rain fall since 12midnight 9-28-2022 4.59inches
Still have power however it did go out and came right back on
Right now the pressure is 997 and falling
Have not heard any thunder so far
This is what my weather station is reading however the sensor is only 12 feet off the ground.

NRA Life Member

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
We got hit pretty good here in Venice, we measured winds of 109 at the house I’m at. We lost power around 1400 but power and internet were restored around 0430 this morning.

I have not been to my place yet so I have no idea if I have any damage yet but my family and I are safe and surprisingly comfortable for just having a Cat4 hurricane blow through.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moderate rain and wind. 2.5 inches of rain since midnight. No power outage (yet!) I lost one or two pool screen panels but all else seems well for the moment.

Wind and rain due to continue until mid-afternoon but hopefully my area Windermere / Winter Garden will get by without too much damage.

Posts: 995 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
A Tampa paper is reporting a section of the Sanibel Causeway has collapsed.

https://www.tampabay.com/hurri...yers-flooded-by-ian/

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post