SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    To all of my Sig Forum family in Florida be safe and get ready ( update main page, here we go again 11-07-2022)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To all of my Sig Forum family in Florida be safe and get ready ( update main page, here we go again 11-07-2022) Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’m getting my information from the National Hurricane Center.

Looking at it now, I’ll bet the 5:00 update says it keeps shifting east. I think we’re going to cancel our reservation in Fort Myers for Thursday. I’m going to guess it’ll make landfall just south of Fort Myers.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious. How did you get a reservation in Fort Meyers? Where I live all hotel rooms are booked with 500 miles of the Coast when there is a threat. Insurance adjusters, power company workers etc. have most of them.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Home2 Suites by RSW. My wife booked it online using the Hilton website.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Impressive. Take care and let us know how you fare.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Well we are all boarded up. It feels like we are living in a cave however this is not the first time for us. Now we wait.
We can all hope it comes ashore in an unpopulated part of south Florida and looses strength quickly.

Everyone involved please be as safe as possible.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers out to you all. Stay safe.

Posts: 756 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's going to miss use here in the Pensacola area. Prayers and well wishes to everyone in the storms path.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Another good website is windy.com.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That’s the site I used to make the decision where to book a room in the first place. Fort Myers looked good two days ago. Not so much now. Frown

posted Hide Post
Dont feel bad. I guy who is now a retired meteorologist made the same mistake. He booked a hotel second floor TEN miles from the beach for Katrina. He was rescued by boat.

I am not suggesting you are making the same mistake, just that these storms are hard to predict. North or South of Fort Meyers makes a BIG difference.

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Have no fear. Sen. Amy Klobuchar says that if you vote dem. this could be the last hurricane to hit the US.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...hy-weve-got-win-this

Jim

First off she lives in Minnesota, I have nothing against people from there however I am not sure if she has ever been through a Hurricane.
Second, they have been tracking hurricanes in Florida since the 1800 so this is not our first rodeo.

I am not sure how she thinks voting Democrat is going to just magically make them go away. Remember back in the 70s when the climate alarmist said if we did not do something about the climate south Florida would be under water by the 80s. Last time I looked Miami was still there.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Amy is an idiot. Her statements confirm that assessment.

Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
South Florida guy here, raining like crazy today. Looks like Ft Myers will get a direct hit as a category 4 storm and then up through Orlando. Stay safe everyone in Florida.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:

Another good website is windy.com.
The time tags on the chart show 6:00, but no mention of am or pm.
Disregard. Looked at an update, and it is showing time tags of 14:00, so it is now clear that the 6:00 was am.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Tampa webcam here.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also here in Santa Rosa County. Late last week it was iffy. But the high pressure here pushed it south and east. Looks like we may dodge this particular bullet. Stay safe and make smart decisions if you get in the path.

Mikes weather channel ( he’s based in Tampa) has a good YouTube channel and does updates during the day. He aggregates all the major weather services on his website.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Downtown Orlando checking in. Freezer full of ribeyes, full fat ground beef, and italian sausage. Pantry full of canned soup, Coffee, Coffee, and quality canned tuna.

Enough bourbon to run a small dive bar for a week.

Chainsaw and generator primed the fuck up and extra gas in illegal jerry cans for "oh shit".

Enough ammo for [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] as well as the occasional [REDACTED].

Anyone in the area needs an extra hand for anything between now and Sunday night, hit me up, I'll be around.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks 22DAK for the webcam link.

Can you Fl. members give us that are not an idea which cams give us the best idea of what the storm is. The Tampa port is a bit useless as you cannot tell much. The Pompano beach cam show's a sea getting more angry that is for sure.

Thanks guys. Praying for you all.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
This link has several webcams in Punta Gorda and surrounding areas:

Link

The one labeled Bayfront shows the US41 bridge crossing the Peace River. North is to the right. You can see construction cranes on the far right. Our house is about a mile west of those cranes.

I’ll see if I can post some pics from my security cameras.

Fuck. Guess who showed up in Punta Gorda? Fucking Jim fucking Cantore. Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
My grandmother's house in Ft. Myers has never been ordered to evacuate in the almost 50 years since she and my grandfather bought it. The house is currently empty and the storm shutters are closed.

Never had flooding issues there although they have had wind damage.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post