SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I'm pissed at his wife. I WANTED TO SEE THE MOONWALK.

Yep, that would have been the icing on the cake for the news conference. It was good as it was, but that would have been hard to top.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...ries&pgtype=Homepage

Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of Virginia emphatically denied on Monday a woman’s claim that he sexually assaulted her in 2004, suggesting at one point that Gov. Ralph Northam’s supporters were trying to block his ascent to the governorship at a moment when Mr. Northam is besieged by demands that he resign over charges of racism.

“Does anybody think it’s any coincidence that on the eve of potentially my being elevated that that’s when this smear comes out?” Mr. Fairfax told reporters surrounding him in the rotunda of the state Capitol about whether he believes Mr. Northam, a fellow Democrat, was behind the accusation’s coming to light.

He softened his suggestion as he left the Capitol Monday night, telling reporters he had “no indication” that Mr. Northam was responsible.

But in the same conversation, Mr. Fairfax hinted that Levar Stoney, the mayor of Richmond and a potential rival to Mr. Fairfax for the 2021 Democratic nomination for governor, may have played a role — praising the acumen of a reporter who inquired whether Mr. Stoney might have been responsible.

Asked if he had any involvement in leaking the claims of assault, which first surfaced Sunday night on a right-wing website, Mr. Stoney said, “The insinuation is 100 percent not true, and frankly it’s offensive.”

Fairfax about the 2004 sexual encounter:

“We hit it off, she was very interested in me, and so eventually, at one point, we ended up going to my hotel room,” Mr. Fairfax, 39, said, recounting in a measured voice what he said had happened in 2004.

Mr. Fairfax asserted that the woman had subsequently called him and said she wanted him to meet her mother . He said he had no documentary evidence of any further conversations after their sexual encounter in 2004, when he was working as the personal aide to John Edwards, then a senator from North Carolina and the Democratic vice-presidential candidate that year.

Asked if he had seen her since the time in his hotel room, he said, “I don’t believe so.”

guess mom didn't get to meet him

The New York Times has reached out to intermediaries for the woman who made the allegation, but they did not immediately comment on Monday.

An adviser to Mr. Northam, asked Monday if the embattled governor had been behind the revelation of the assault allegations, denied any responsibility

Mr. Fairfax ran separately from Mr. Northam during the Democratic primaries for lieutenant governor and governor; unlike candidates in some other states, Mr. Northam did not choose Mr. Fairfax as his running mate.

The fast-moving events began at 2:55 a.m. Monday, when aides to Mr. Fairfax — a Democrat widely seen as a rising star in the party — put out a statement saying the allegation was “false” and that Mr. Fairfax had “never assaulted anyone — ever — in any way, shape or form.” The aides said that Mr. Fairfax was considering “appropriate legal action against those attempting to spread this defamatory and false allegation.”

The Post story Monday said the woman contacted the newspaper after Mr. Fairfax won election in November 2017 and alleged that he had sexually assaulted her in 2004.

The Post was unable to corroborate her allegations, which Mr. Fairfax had denied, according to Monday’s story. The Post, however, disputed the Fairfax statement’s assertion that the newspaper had found inconsistencies and red flags in the woman’s allegation.

Fairfax aides issued a second statement on Monday afternoon, this time accusing The Post of having “smeared” Mr. Fairfax by publishing its Monday story detailing the allegations without corroboration. The Post’s executive editor, Martin Baron, replied that Mr. Fairfax had gone first in “issuing a statement regarding allegations against him, making specific representations about Post reporting,” and that the paper had an obligation to clarify the nature of allegations and its reporting.

As Mr. Northam held meetings Monday, first with his cabinet and then with his staff in the state Capitol complex, stunned legislators arrived to word of the middle-of-the-night statement by the Fairfax aides after the publication of the story by a site calledBig League Politics.

After Mr. Fairfax, the second in line to become governor is the state attorney general, Mark Herring, a Democrat who had already indicated plans to run for governor in 2021.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
“Does anybody think it’s any coincidence that on the eve of potentially my being elevated that that’s when this smear comes out?”

Who said this?

Fairfax or Kavanaugh?

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well if someone can come up with some dirt on the Va attorney general...isn't the Speaker of the Virginia House, next-in-line....a Republican?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
No matter what...THEY ARE EATING THEIR OWN...one bite at a time Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
this is so good....

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53221 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
OMG. If he actually did the moonwalk, the best entertainment of the New Year! SNL, Southpark, ect would have had a field day. LOL

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
OMG. If he actually did the moonwalk, the best entertainment of the New Year! SNL, Southpark, ect would have had a field day. LOL

I predict SNL won’t go near this, despite how it seems to be tailor made for them. They just can’t poke fun at one of their own, so this will be ignored. Mad

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:Originally posted by sdy:“Does anybody think it’s any coincidence that on the eve of potentially my being elevated that that’s when this smear comes out?”

Who said this?

Lt Gov Fairfax

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:

I predict SNL won’t go near this, despite how it seems to be tailor made for them. They just can’t poke fun at one of their own, so this will be ignored. Mad

If you hadn't noticed, he's sort of a man without a country right now. The dems have disowned him. SNL won't be able to pass up that press conference scene. That was the most incredible thing I've scene in awhile.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-surviving-abortion/

Senate Democrats – led by Washington Sen. Patty Murray – blocked a bill that would require babies born alive during abortion to receive reasonable medical care and transport to a hospital.

Nebraska Republican Sen. Ben Sasse introduced the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act (S. 130) to protect babies who have survived failed abortions. Sasse went to the floor of the Senate Monday to ask his colleagues to pass the bill by unanimous consent, but Democrats objected.

Sasse said:

This place fancies itself the world’s greatest deliberative body, but we would be deceiving ourselves if we ignored the biggest debate that’s been happening in America over the last 36 hours. A public elected official — the Governor of one of the 50 states — has been defending a practice that is morally repugnant. The Governor of Virginia has been defending a practice that is repugnant to civilized people across the entire world.

“Senate Democrats had the chance today to prove they are not the party of infanticide, and instead they doubled down on extremism,” said Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) President Marjorie Dannenfelser after Democrats blocked the bill. “The Democratic Party’s agenda of abortion on demand through birth and even beyond is radically out of step with the standards of decency the overwhelming majority of Americans expect from their leaders.”

“We urge the Senate to bring the bill to the floor for a recorded vote so Americans can know where each senator stands, and we urge its passage,” Dannenfelser added. “It’s time to get this bill swiftly to the President’s desk for his signature.”

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^ McConnell won't throw the commies under the bus.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
With respect to Virginia Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax. Aren't we talking about an allegation of FORCIBLE SODOMY? Just an allegation at this time, but an allegation of a serious sex crime. Who is the Washington Post to "investigate" this and decide there is nothing to it? We should demand a full investigation by Massachusetts State or Boston Police. A woman has alleged a serious sex crime against Justin Fairfax. Are we to sweep that under the rug? A thorough investigation is needed by credible, impartial law enforcement. Is this just a "nasty woman" who should not be believed just because the accuser is a black, male democrat?

Time to flood the following Facebook pages with demands for an investigation:

Democratic Party of Virginia
Justin Fairfax
Governor Ralph Northam
Republican Party of Virginia
Elizabeth Warren
Boston Police Department
Massachusetts State Police

#investigatejustinfairfax

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The thing is, everybody has pictured him moonwalking right there in front of the press. Yes, it would have been better if he had actually done it-- comedy gold, right there-- but as it is it's still comedy silver.

And bizarre beyond words. The man proposed killing newborn infants but got in trouble for wearing blackface, and then came within one "inappropriate!" from moon walking for the national press.

The world has gone crazy, bonkers, loop de loop....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it's good to recall:

Northam now appears to be struggling to come to full term in the face of early abortion.

Irony, much?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I especially like in Crowders vid when the call answerer at the NAACP basically says the Democratic Party is racist- bet she got a talking to haha!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
With respect to Virginia Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax. Aren't we talking about an allegation of FORCIBLE SODOMY?

< snip >

#investigatejustinfairfax

Yes, it is forcible sodomy under Virginia Code § 18.2-67.1. Forcible sodomy.

A. An accused shall be guilty of forcible sodomy if he or she engages in cunnilingus, fellatio, anilingus, or anal intercourse with a complaining witness whether or not his or her spouse, or causes a complaining witness, whether or not his or her spouse, to engage in such acts with any other person, and...

2. The act is accomplished against the will of the complaining witness, by force, threat or intimidation of or against the complaining witness or another person, or through the use of the complaining witness's mental incapacity or physical helplessness.

Since no formal complaint has been made by the victim, I don't see how Virginia law enforcement can investigate.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31474 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dear Penthouse: " … , and the next day, she called me and said her mother wanted to meet me … "

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
WRVA radio in Richmond has been absolutely wall-to-wall with this story since it broke and a political commentator this morning was saying that Fairfax is not striking the right tone with respect to his defiance and forceful denials of the assault. Dems don't like that, remember, all accusers should be believed.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Report This Post