SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Leaving him in office sends other signals as well. In office and hated is better than out of office and loved.

If Virginia leaves him in office where do we say the line is? Oh it's ok to advocate the death of innocent children because we'll just whine a little and leave you in office out of fear. Fuck that.

I don't think anyone is saying the republicans should be openly advocating for him to stay. They should be denouncing it hard. But that doesn't mean we should all hope he remains a thorn in the dem's side for the rest of the year.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I echo what BH says. Dems want him out of office because of horrible, racially insensitive gesture 35 years ago but Dems don’t lose a minute of sleep about a champion of infanticide. Really?

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
LOL, this just keeps getting better and better.

I saw on the local news today that now Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, the man that would take over if Northam resigns, was accused of sexual assault, and, naturally, it was reported to the Washington Post before the election and the Washington Post refused to report it.

https://wtkr.com/2019/02/04/lt...s-of-sexual-assault/

There isn't a democrat who isn't corrupt.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
My whole point was that the reason he should be choke holded and dragged out of he governor's mansion is not because he wore blackface (or a hood) some three decades ago, but because of his support regarding the murder of a child outside of the womb. This whole episode is just a bit surreal to me where people's (namely democrats) priorities are.

Yeah. Murdering live infants is somehow okay with the GDC's, but doing something dumb in college is unforgivable.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The only reason he did not resign immediately was so that he could negotiate terms with the Democrat Party. By now he has gotten every penny he possibly can-- or not. He'll resign today.

He might as well be in the advanced stages of leprosy for the way everybody will avoid him. The pisser, as many have said, is that it's because he wore black face in college and not because he advocates killing newborn babies.

I hope the Tibetan Book of the Dead is right. If so, what awaits this evil bastard is everything we could ever hope for. And more. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He's admitted to wearing blackface twice- When he did Michael Jackson "he didn't use as much since it was hard to get off the first time".

Has anyone asked him what the 1st time was?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

I saw on the local news today that now Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, the man that would take over if Northam resigns, was accused of sexual assault, and, naturally, it was reported to the Washington Post before the election and the Washington Post refused to report it.

Amazing how they just choose not to report on these types of charges on any democrat, but report every unsubstantiated rumor about any republican candidate.

For those that didn't see it, the WaPo spent $5.5 million to run an ad narrated by Tom Hanks during the Super Bowl. It basically said that 'journalists' are the most important people in the world Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
He's admitted to wearing blackface twice- When he did Michael Jackson "he didn't use as much since it was hard to get off the first time".

Has anyone asked him what the 1st time was?

If Northam were younger, he could have done an MJ impression without any blackface. Back when NJ first did the Moon Walk, he was still black. But his face was as white as Northam's 20 years later.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We must have hearings about the allegations involving Fairfax. I want to see the screaming and clawing at the doors of the state capitol,like happened with Kavanaugh. It will never happen because he is a Black lefty who loves his abortions.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[

Stanford Fellow Hints At Possible Justin Fairfax Sex Assault

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...fairfax-sex-assault/

A woman named Vanessa Tyson, who is a fellow at Stanford University, says that a man who allegedly sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention is now an office-holder about to get a “very big promotion,” according to a screenshot provided by a tipster. A friend of Tyson’s named Adria Scharf, based in Richmond, Virginia, shared the “heartbreaking” message, which Tyson wrote as a private post.

Tyson is a fellow at California-based Stanford University and professor at California-based Scripps College, which means the alleged sexual assaulter must hold office on the East Coast. Tyson says her alleged attacker won statewide office in 2017.

Justin Fairfax was a John Kerry staffer in 2004, and won an election in 2017 in an East Coast state. Now, he is poised to become governor of Virginia if racist Ralph Northam resigns as Democratic leaders and his own state party demand.

Big League Politics has reached out to Vanessa Tyson for comment.[/QUOTE]

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just setting up Herring for his Governor spot

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
It basically said that 'journalists' are the most important people in the world Roll Eyes

One could argue that ethical journalists are.

Now...if we could just find one.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was cooking and hanging with friends yesterday and didn't hear jack about the sexual assault story. This story is getting better, and better, and better.

Posts: 7556 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
William & Mary disinvites Northam from annual celebration

https://www.richmond.com/news/...73-70f5b6c9ddcc.html

The College of William & Mary has rescinded Gov. Ralph Northam's invitation to its annual celebration of the school and the inauguration of its current president.

President Katherine Rowe, who has led Virginia's oldest school since last summer, announced to William & Mary students Monday morning that Northam would not be attending Friday's ceremony amid calls for the governor to resign after a racist image was discovered on his medical school yearbook page.

"That behavior has no place in civil society – not 35 years ago, not today," Rowe said. "It stands in stark opposition to William & Mary's core values of equity and inclusion."

Northam officiated Rowe's swearing-in ceremony last July. He was scheduled to attend her inauguration, which is coupled with the university's annual celebration of its 1693 founding.

"However, under the circumstances, it has become clear that the Governor’s presence would fundamentally disrupt the sense of campus unity we aspire to and hope for with this event," Rowe said. "We have conferred with the governor’s office, and he will not be part of Friday’s program."

Rowe's message did not say whether she believes Northam should resign. A university spokesman did not immediately return a request for comment on Rowe's stance.

William & Mary's Friday ceremony is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:

Oh, hell no.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
‘Coonman’ Northam Tries to Cop a Plea

Democrat Ralph “Coonman” Northam wants to remain Virginia’s governor based on the claim that he has performed in blackface only once. Reversing his earlier confession that he was indeed one of the two people shown in a racist photo appearing on the “Ralph Shearer Northam” page of his medical school yearbook, he said during a Saturday news conference that neither could have been him because he has donned blackface but a single time, for a San Antonio talent show. He also added, “I have a lot of African-American friends.” When asked why Virginians should believe him, he offered the following:

I will stand and live by my word. I was the president of the VMI honor court. Our code there is a cadet shall not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do. That’s the most meaningful thing to me in my life. I tell the truth. I’m telling the truth today.

This will be a little difficult to swallow for those who remember Northam’s incredibly dishonest — and profoundly ironic gubernatorial campaign — in which he and his allies repeatedly accused his Republican opponent of racism. During the last weeks of the 2017 contest, for example, a group associated with the Northam campaign ran an ad depicting Ed Gillespie supporters as Confederates who attack minority children. Northam’s campaign also distributed flyers that omitted his own black running mate. This prompted the president of the Loudon County NAACP to make this observation:

A lot of us feel the Virginia Democratic Party has never been a very inclusive group.… And they always kind of marginalize African Americans without providing any grounds for advancement.

Northam’s reluctance to associate himself with blacks did not, however, apply to dance contests. He told reporters on Saturday that he dressed as Michael Jackson for the Texas competition: “You know, at the time, when I dressed up as Michael Jackson, it was a talent show. I didn’t personally find it unacceptable …” He was then asked if he could do the trademark Jackson “moonwalk,” and seemed about to demonstrate the dance. Mrs. Northam, who is clearly far more intelligent than the Governor, prevented him from doing so by noting that the situation constituted “inappropriate circumstances.”

This incident provides a useful insight into the surreal nature of Northam’s performance during the news conference. He served up a bizarre admixture of implausible lies, revisionist history, and weirdly flippant comments. In one example of the latter, he discussed the technique he used to apply shoe polish for blackface performances: “I used a little bit of shoe polish to put under my — or on my cheeks. And the reason I used a very little bit, is I don’t know if anybody has ever tried that, is you cannot get shoe polish off.” Hmm.… How does he know the subtle nuances of this process if he had made use of it only once?

This brings us to Northam’s peculiar nickname, “Coonman,” which appears beneath his photo in the 1981 VMI yearbook. He claims he doesn’t know how he accrued that appellation: “There were two individuals, as best as I can recollect, at VMI — they were a year ahead of me. They called me ‘Coonman.’ I don’t know their motives or intent.” A more plausible explanation, considering his obvious expertise in the application of brown shoe polish as make-up, is that he earned the nickname by frequently donning blackface at frat parties and other less-than-genteel social occasions involving lots of alcohol.

Now to the photo in the 1984 EVMS yearbook. Despite Northam’s claim that it landed on his page inadvertently, that’s unlikely. Were it true, he would ask the editors of the now-infamous tome to verify that publicly. He is almost certainly the guy in blackface. First, he is conversant with the nuances of using shoe polish as make-up and his nickname suggests that he was well known as a practitioner of that dubious art. Second, the person in the KKK hood is female. She’s a head shorter than her companion, slight of build, and situated next to him in a far more intimate fashion than any frat buddy would tolerate.

In the unlikely event that Northam’s story is true, he is having enormous difficulty convincing anyone that matters. Virtually every luminary in the Democratic Party has called on him to resign, including Virginia Senator Tim Kaine, Virginia Senator Mark Warner, former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, former Virginia Governor L. Douglas Wilder, Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring, Virginia Rep. Jennifer Wexton, Virginia Rep. Elaine Luria, Virginia Rep. Abigail Spanberger, Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin, Virginia Rep. Bobby Scott, former Sec. of State Hillary Clinton, ad infinitum.

In other words, it’s only a matter of time before Northam goes. The Democrats are burdened with a very sordid racial legacy, including slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow, segregation, white supremacy, civil rights, etc. The governor is an all too conspicuous reminder of this lengthy catalogue of crime. Indeed, considering how heavily they now rely on identity politics, he is about as radioactive as it gets. “Coonman” is a goner whether he knows it yet or not. His political executioners don’t do plea bargains.

https://spectator.org/coonman-...tries-to-cop-a-plea/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

Oh, hell no.

Seconded.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

Oh, hell no.

Seconded.

I agree, but did hear on the radio (IIRC) that he was considering a run for Gov,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vanessa Tyson

https://casbs.stanford.edu/people/vanessa-tyson

SCRIPPS COLLEGE
Fellow, 2018-19

Vanessa Tyson will use her fellowship year to research the politics and policies surrounding sexual violence against women and children in the United States.

More specifically, she will explore political discourse surrounding sexual assault, corresponding policies, and the unique identities of sexual assault survivors.

Tyson currently serves as associate professor in the department of politics at Scripps College. She has a BA from Princeton University in politics, coupled with a certificate in African American studies, and an MA and PhD from the University of Chicago in political science.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

from a statement from Justin Fairfax office:

- after facts consistent w denial,
- absence of any evidence,
- significant red flags and inconsistencies,

the WaPo decided not to publish the story

Contrast that to the WaPo treatment of Brett Kavanaugh

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'm having trouble taking this entire goat-fuck seriously and am finding it to be marvelously entertaining. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post