SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Picture of logrusmaster
posted Hide Post
The Dalmore 15 year edition.

-------------------------
If not me then who? If not now then when?

Posts: 618 | Location: Earth | Registered: August 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
quote:

That should be damned good. What barrel did you get?

It's a 5l barrel from oak barrels.

I aged a batch of rum first. Bought 2 gallons of legit N.Ga shine and added some white rye from the store. It's been in 2 weeks and is smoothing out nicely. It's about a 3mo process for that size barrel.

Tequila will be the last project before that barrel becomes smoker chips.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Cut Spike single barrel whiskey.

For those of you outside of the Omaha area, you won't find it on the shelf and you are worse off for it.

My wife calls it "liquor candy" because of the incredible smoothness. I bought 6 bottles on my last trip in NE, client I love gave me two more, so we are set for a week or so! The only reason we've opened it is we have a contract on our home after 11 days, that's in our range to celebrate!

Changing jobs, so I may never see it again once these are gone. Frown

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12345 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Today, it is:

Last night, it was:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23091 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Good single malt from Nebraska?

Well I think maybe now I have heard it all...

Working now, but later some Vom Fass absinthe.

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Cut Spike single barrel whiskey.

For those of you outside of the Omaha area, you won't find it on the shelf and you are worse off for it.

My wife calls it "liquor candy" because of the incredible smoothness. I bought 6 bottles on my last trip in NE, client I love gave me two more, so we are set for a week or so! The only reason we've opened it is we have a contract on our home after 11 days, that's in our range to celebrate!

Changing jobs, so I may never see it again once these are gone. Frown

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Lagunitas Lucky 13. Maybe a Kristall Weissbier later to take edge off of spicy Jollof Rice.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
My first foray into scotch since I was about 17, for good reason. Went very well. I'll have to finsh this before Father's Day since I have an order in for the 12 or 18 year.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Finally cracked open the Stagg Jr. Surprisingly smooth for 130 proof.

Posts: 5291 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Last night:

Tonight:

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have probably had 3 or 4 beers all winter long.

This afternoon I have been home from work 30 minutes and I am on beer #3. Let's just say it's been a rough week.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Some of this tonight after a long hiatus. Let's go PENS!

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hamm's Beer! Stopped at the 7-11 on the way home and there it was, right next to the Pabst Blue Ribbon, and the same price! Wink

Back in college, it was either Olympia or Hamm's for me.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Lost Forty Brewing's new "Look-See Hefeweizen"

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Last night, Evan Williams Bottled in Bond. I was curious about a $12 BiB whisky. The EW BiB was thin and hot. I washed out the taste with Real Ale Bitchin' Camarro Amber Ale.

Bought some Great Divide Chocolate Yeti labeled for 2012. I dunno where it was for the last five years but that will be a cribbage beer for Father's Day.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Having some Sam Adams Nitro Coffee Stout.
Like this more than Guinness!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago Mrs. BRL and I made our weekly pilgrimage to Total Wine for tasting. This particular week they were sampling several scotch, bourbon and eye whiskeys.

A bourbon particularly struck my fancy, Heritage Distillery Double Barrel Bourbon. It is finished in a barrel that previously held vanilla. It only has a hint of the vanilla but it is sp freakin smooth, doesn't bite at all.

About $27 bottle I think it's an excellent value.

Reviews online also listed a Double Barrel Rye which scored even higher. I looked today at Total Wine and could not find it.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Sazerac Rye from Buffalo Trace.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Having some Sam Adams Nitro Coffee Stout.
Like this more than Guinness!

Damn that looks good! Smile

Wx here has been hot. Instead of a crisp gin and tonic or other hot weather drink, I tried for the very first time a brandy and soda. Not bad at all. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stone, Enjoy By 07.04.17.

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Went looking for that Sam Adam's Nitro Coffee Stout but sadly the local distributor discontinued carrying the 3 Nitro brews. Talking to a liquor manager he said he didn't understand it either as the Nitro brews were good sellers. Oh well....

He did instead set me up with a few I haven't tried before:
--New Belgium 1554 Black Lager
--Founder's Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale
--Boulder Shake Chocolate Porter
--Empyrean Third Stone Brown Ale
--Breckenridge Vanilla Porter

Already had on hand Crow Peak Pile 'o Dirt Porter which he had also recommended.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post