SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank Longrow 18. Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Molotov Cocktail Simcoe edition. 13% hop bomb.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 15. Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
New Belgium's Fat Tire.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Maker's Mark 46

Posts: 789 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Darigold egg nog with some E&J brandy.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Jim Beam Rye, Lagunitas Brown Shugga, Sprecher Mai Bock. The Sprecher rates 'fail'. I miss Einbecker Frown

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Since I ran out of CO2 to push my ciders and beers.....I'm drinking a cheap merlot with a finger of some cheapish cooking whiskey I keep around. Saving a nice bottle of cupcake wine for Christmas, I'll probably go get more CO2 after that....cause the vodka is almost gone also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company - Churchville Lager

This is a local brewery starting to take off pretty good. Smile

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball. Might follow it up with a Brown Shugga'

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
An old "friend"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post

Picked these up tonight. I'm having the Lagavulin right now. And it's true it doesn't need water to open it up. Nice out of the bottle. Smile

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I really need to try some Springbank. Every time I see one of those bottles on this thread I'm soooo tempted. I almost picked up a bottle at the liquor store the other day but went with a Speyside instead. How does the Springbank compare to a Highland or a Speyside? I notice that you like Islay Scotches as well, and ism not a very big fan of strongly peaty Scotches so I wonder how I'd like the Springbank.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
I really need to try some Springbank. Every time I see one of those bottles on this thread I'm soooo tempted. I almost picked up a bottle at the liquor store the other day but went with a Speyside instead. How does the Springbank compare to a Highland or a Speyside? I notice that you like Islay Scotches as well, and ism not a very big fan of strongly peaty Scotches so I wonder how I'd like the Springbank.

Springbank has three releases: Springbank, Longrow, and Hazleburn. Hazleburn is completely non-peated, Springbank barley spends 6 hours over peat smoke and Longrow barley spends 48 hours over peat smoke. Regular springbank is very low on the peat flavor. I would classify Springbank 12 (Green) as having a similar amount of peat as Oban 14 or Old Pulteney, but slightly richer, and only having a single dram of Hazleburn, would put it between a Talisker and a Ardbeg.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
While I am baking this Christmas Eve... this:

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

Springbank has three releases: Springbank, Longrow, and Hazleburn. Hazleburn is completely non-peated, Springbank barley spends 6 hours over peat smoke and Longrow barley spends 48 hours over peat smoke. Regular springbank is very low on the peat flavor. I would classify Springbank 12 (Green) as having a similar amount of peat as Oban 14 or Old Pulteney, but slightly richer, and only having a single dram of Hazleburn, would put it between a Talisker and a Ardbeg.

Thank you. It sounds like regular Springbank is definitely worth a try for me, while Longrow probably is not as I'm not a fan of Ardbeg (the Scotch not the SIGforum member Wink ). The price seemed very reasonable too. I'll pick up a bottle soon. Thanks again.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
My Dad has wanted a bottle of Blue for sometime now but wouldn't spend the money,so Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Dad!
Hope he don't mind sharing!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they got rid go Johnnie Walker Green, they immediately thought the sales of Blue and Gold would skyrocket, but they didn't. This led the the release of JW Platinum, but it doesn't hold a candle to either Green or Gold. Essentially they have a bottling not many care for in either the quality, value or price point. I heard a bottle of JW Green went for about $40 shy of Blue last month in one of the area whisky clubs.
Hope your dad like that Blue, it is an interesting dram.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post