SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:

BK, you must have an unlimited Scotch budget Smile

Not at all, 2Adefender. It's all about priorities, man ... H&Ks, SIGs and quality Scotch whisky. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:

...And one heck of a selection of Springbank.

As you probably reckon, Springbank is my very favorite distillery (Laphroaig is number two). Mother's milk, amigo.

quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

I'm more impressed he only drinks one glass from a bottle then buys a new bottle

Slàinte,

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boodles and Noilly Prat
6 to 1
twist of lemon

idem ea dixit

Posts: 1390 | Location: Daphne, AL | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Shiner Holiday Cheer. The mother-in-law left one in the fridge after our Christmas Eve get-together.

Not terrible, but not something I'd pay for. Tastes like someone spilled peach juice in a subpar wheat beer. (I'm not sure why they associated peaches with the holidays anyway...)

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or tonight. I love this stuff.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Rye whisky, rye whisky, rye whisky I cried...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badkarma56:
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:

How is this different than the Open Day? Only 174 bottles made.

Standard Springbank 21 (black/gold label and box) is matured in a mixture of Bourbon and Fino Sherry casks. The Springbank 21 "Open Day" expression (green/gold label and box) was a single cask release that was matured in a rum cask (outturn of somewhere between 159-174 bottles, depending on who you ask Wink ). Identical ABV for both expressions (i.e., 46%).

FWIW, here's a picture of the "Open Day" bottle and box:

quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:

Nice dram.

Absolutely.

Slàinte,

-BK

Excellent Wink I need to try them both.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Beujolais...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
An Old Fashioned made w/George Dickel rye.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1367 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Dalwhinnie 15 yr old, this evening.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 21. Cool

-BK

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Three Floyd's Porter Wink

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

That looks interesting !!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Beefeater martini.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Had some tramp stamp yesterday. I have to say I liked the label more than the beer.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Lismore 15 year single malt Scotch tonight.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Guns & Oil Maverick Lager. Great Divide Hibernation Ale.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pendleton on the rocks.

P226
NRA Member

Posts: 50 | Location: Mount Vernon Missouri | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My lovely wife gave me a bottle of Elijah Craig 23 for Christmas. Very, very good!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Laphroaig 10 Original Cask Strength. Cool

-BK