SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our Injured Dachshund Would Appreciate Your Kind Thoughts - Ollie - UPDATE on pg 6
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Injured Dachshund Would Appreciate Your Kind Thoughts - Ollie - UPDATE on pg 6 Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Words can’t say how much we appreciate all of your kind words, and especially those of your furry babies.

Today was tough but he’s a good fighter and great dog. Still zero front leg movement but I guess that was hit the hardest with his c4-c5 disc impingement.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still thinking about Ollie. How has been doing ??

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^Thank you for your continued support.

He is making slow, albeit, steady forward progress. We give him physical therapy twice a day, and he can stand somewhat on his own now. Not for long, but for 30 seconds or so before his front legs get too tired. The good news is, he could not do this in the beginning and we had to hold him up when doing the standing physical therapy. Now he can stand with my hands underneath just in case his legs give way, but he can support himself. His front paws still have a tendency to fold in , but is slowly getting some use of his front legs.

His four week follow up is scheduled for the end of this month and the neurosurgeon thought at the time when we picked him up that she would expect him to be able to walk a few steps.

poor little guy is trying and I must admit it is pretty hard on us because he’s utterly reliant on us and we can’t leave him alone to do anything during the recovery process. However, it is well worth it, those big brown eyes simply melt us every time.

I take him to my office in the mornings so my wife can get things done and bring him home to stay with mom in the afternoon. Most evenings he lays in my lap like in the pic below.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
Bless Ollie and both of you. He and you are still in my prayers.

SPSHOOTER

Posts: 1513 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Ollie Update:

His 30-day post-surgery follow up is this Friday, 3/31.

He started his PT yesterday and walked for 5 minutes at a fast pace. Then another 5 minutes at a slow pace. All this was done in a water tank. The physical therapist told me 1 minute of walking in the tank was the equivalent of 3 minutes on land.

He is still under "bed rest" per the Vet until we have our 3/31 visit. However, I expect they will grant him some more freedom after they see him.

The exciting news is he is WALKING again. Not perfect. Not pretty. But he can walk.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Ollie Update:

His 30-day post-surgery follow up is this Friday, 3/31.

He started his PT yesterday and walked for 5 minutes at a fast pace. Then another 5 minutes at a slow pace. All this was done in a water tank. The physical therapist told me 1 minute of walking in the tank was the equivalent of 3 minutes on land.

He is still under "bed rest" per the Vet until we have our 3/31 visit. However, I expect they will grant him some more freedom after they see him.

The exciting news is he is WALKING again. Not perfect. Not pretty. But he can walk.

That's awesome news. Keep going Ollie!

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:

Happy to hear this. Smile
Cheers to Ollie!

Posts: 4128 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Great to hear Ollie is on the mend.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Good deal! Drive on, Ollie!

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yay for Ollie

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am really glad to hear of his progress. keep it up sweet boy.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats good news, glad to hear it!

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Pleased to hear the good news!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
So happy to hear this update

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Great news for your baby!

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Good to hear he’s on his feet!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. I truly believe in the power of prayer and well wishes. We appreciate your help !!!

Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
Go getter Ollie!

SPSHOOTER

Posts: 1513 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Charlie says, "Go Ollie!"

Posts: 4128 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so happy to hear this good news. PC, our wonderdog, is cheering Ollie on.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post