SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our Injured Dachshund Would Appreciate Your Kind Thoughts - Ollie - UPDATE on pg 6
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Injured Dachshund Would Appreciate Your Kind Thoughts - Ollie - UPDATE on pg 6 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We had disk surgery on a 9 year old mini that was not cheap, around $4000 as I recall. Surgery went well and she lived to 16 without any further issues although we were extremely careful with her activities. I have never regretted the cost or having the surgery performed and would do it again without hesitation. I wish the best for Ollie and that his surgery and recovery go as well as it did for our Klein.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Ollie

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your little fella.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!!!

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Wishing for the best for your little buddy.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
So sorry for Ollie's suffering. We've had various breads through out the years but never Dachshund, but we have several neighbors who walk them past our house and if I'm out they come to me for pets. Great little dogs.

Best wishes.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
My friend has a miniature long hair, Lacy, I call her my “furry girlfriend”. My friend has had mini dachshunds for as long as I’ve known her, so I’ve been made aware of the spinal problems they can have. Lacy and I both wish your Ollie a fast and full recovery.

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and Prayers for little Ollie.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Ollie.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a full recovery for Ollie.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to your little buddy!

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Pearl and I are sending good thoughts and prayers to Ollie.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck for Ollie, some prayers too.

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thank you each and every one of you!

The surgery was successful and now the recovery.

Apparently his spinal nerve is bruised and swollen. They plan on a 2-7 day recovery and he starts PT tomorrow. He may or may not be completely ambulatory when he comes home. It all depends on how quickly the swelling and bruising goes away.

I truly believe in the power of prayer so thanks for everything so far and also in the days to come.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Prayers still being sent for Ollie as well as for his parents... Speedy recovery. ......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Ollie.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Been praying for Ollie to be OK and will continue to do so on his path to recovery.

Please give the little guy a soft pat on the head from my family & I.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
We had disk surgery on a 9 year old mini that was not cheap, around $4000 as I recall. Surgery went well and she lived to 16 without any further issues although we were extremely careful with her activities. I have never regretted the cost or having the surgery performed and would do it again without hesitation. I wish the best for Ollie and that his surgery and recovery go as well as it did for our Klein.
Some years ago one of my "regular" outdoor feral cats was found with a broken leg. I spent more than $4000 getting that fixed and she was a constant visitor to my yard and I think may still be alive (she doesn't like the current bunch of cats coming to the yard and stopped coming a couple of years ago).

I never regretted the expense to fix Mollie's leg. She was a delight to have come to my yard.

I am pleased that the dachshund's surgery went well and is on the mend.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for Ollie's full recovery.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wishing Ollie a speedy recovery! Sounds like a great dog.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post