SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our Injured Dachshund Would Appreciate Your Kind Thoughts - Ollie - UPDATE on pg 6
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Injured Dachshund Would Appreciate Your Kind Thoughts - Ollie - UPDATE on pg 6 Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
For any of you who peruse the "Enough with the Dog Pictures" in the "What's Your Deal" thread, you know my spouse and I love our Ollie.

We rescued the little lad in March of 2020. He was found on the street in Columbus OH and we believe he was 6-7 years old.

He's our 6th dachshund, and I know you shouldn't have a favorite, but....

He loves everybody and has a tail that operates like a helicopter rotor. Meaning it literally goes in a full circle from the base of his tail.

Last Friday I was walking him and he wanted to meet another dog across the street. We asked and it was OK so I bent down and petted the other dog while they sniffed one anothers snouts. As soon as I stood up the other dog lunged and I jerked back on Ollies harness.

The next day he was having difficulty walking so we took him to our regular vet. He believed there might be a disc impingement, gave him cortisone, and sent us home with some pain pills. Unfortunately the next morning Ollie could not stand on his own.

There is nothing more pathetic and helpless feeling than looking at your dogs big brown eyes when you know they are hurting and you can't do anything about it. I called our regular vet and he recommended taking him to the ER at the Vet School in Columbia MO.

We drove the 2 hours and the probable diagnosis is disc impingement or a cancerous tumor. He will have a MRI later today and then probably surgery thereafter.

If you have the time, please send good thoughts and prayers his way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: h2oys,

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers to ollie

Posts: 1744 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Ollie and your family.

SPSHOOTER

Posts: 1513 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Ollie.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Our previous Bichon Frise had spinal surgery in 2004 at age 4. He then enjoyed a long and happy life until 2013.

Offering prayers for you guys.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That's tough.

One of my 8-year old mini poodles, I had him go through his paces for her treat. The last one being a "rollover." She vigorously did it but yelped. She started limping for a while after that.

Now, every time I tell her to do a roll over, she runs away. She still does the other tricks which includes belly up but not that one. We started giving both our dogs glucosamine tablets.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for Ollies complete recovery.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for Ollie. I too am quite fond of the breed. Best wishes.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Best to Ollie.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Wishing a speedy and complete recovery for Ollie.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Praying for a good outcome. Cute face.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Ollie's recovery.

Never was a small dog person until we got our first Dachshund. Now we have two.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahyoka Star and I send best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

As both of us are recovering, Ahyoka Star from an attack by a German Shepherd and Pitbull mix, myself from kidney stones.

Here's to Ollie being 100% soon.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good luck to Ollie!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for Ollie for his full recovery. Moses the Cat sends his, too!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone. It means a lot to my wife and I.

We’re waiting for a telephone update and we hope it’s good news.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Just heard from the vet. The MRI showed a single disc impingement, not tumor Smile, and he is going into a 2-hour surgery next.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to Ollie for a good surgery and speedy recovery...

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer for a good outcome for him. Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post