SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Interesting twist. I seem to recall conservatives being upset with being banned or censored on big platforms and looked to move to their own, most of which were shut down buy people refusing to host server space.

Now here we are, on the other side and it's all ok??

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37929 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Apple just removed all of their tweets from their official Twitter account.

No, they didn't.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6081 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its like feeding the ducks with a bun...

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sargon of Akkad's account has been restored to Twitter. For those who don't recognize the web handle, Sargon offers up some of the most astute social commentary out there, presented in a calm manner. His content is worth your time IMO.

Sargon of Akkad (Looks like most of his content has been removed from youtube, either by himself or by the lovers of free speech at youtube. You can find Sargon in The Podcast of the Lotus Eaters)

The problem for these leftists is that their initial reaction to things they don't like is always at full volume. So, when the hits keep on coming- as with these daily notices of reinstatement of people or groups that the totalitarians thought they had vanquished forever- they have nowhere to go, since they're already screeching at the top of their tiny, weak, soy-powered lungs. I guess just plain old passing out from frenzy is the next step for them.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oregon:
quote:
Apple just removed all of their tweets from their official Twitter account.

No, they didn't.

OK I stand corrected there.

But I still do think these people are planning some kind of counteroffensive, and it may involve removing the Twitter app from the Apple App Store and the Google App Store.

You know, “for safety”

Roll Eyes

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's just wait and see, please. And then, you can bitch all day long about it.

Frankly, I don't see any such action happening.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Weren’t there rumors of a Tesla phone? Maybe we won’t need apple and google in a few years.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12405 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Maybe we won’t need apple and google in a few years.
It's a nice dream, but, no.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Mastodon? Never heard of it till today. And only because all the 'free thinkers' are over there treating each other like they treat conservatives.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Mastodon? Never heard of it till today. And only because all the 'free thinkers' are over there treating each other like they treat conservatives.

It will end up being like a digital/social media version of Animal Farm

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mean Musk made Twitter employees cry, and just because he owns the company, that doesn't mean he can run it as he sees fit. Big Grin

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...shington-post-report

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
These people really are quite insane.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26005 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm crazy, but anyone else here think if we get a hold of Mr Musk, we could get Mr Parabellum a job at the "new and improved" Twitter?

I hear the "Trust and Safety" team is looking for a few good people?

One solid line on the resume':

Parabellum
Jan 2000 - Present Owner, Moderator and general HMFIC of Sig Forum

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8317 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I still do think these people are planning some kind of counteroffensive, and it may involve removing the Twitter app from the Apple App Store and the Google App Store.

Well if they do, I suggest Mr. Musk should remotely disable every Tesla owned by Apple and Google employees. Smile
That's assuming these employees haven't already burned or sold their Teslas since in their worldview, Musk is the second worst person in the world to have ever lived.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 576 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
One of the many leftist douchebags who SWORE they were deleting their account…LOL

And the answer is “YES”. Great pillow

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Wishing all the departed woke-sters a happy "Friendsgiving"...

Posts: 2713 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the many leftist douchebags who SWORE they were deleting their account…LOL

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/xZiDNGT.jpg[IMG]

And the answer is “YES”. Great pillow

I have a question: I know Musk started charging for the Blue Checkmark, if they already had a verified check mark did they have to start paying?

I ask because wasn't King vocal about having to pay for verification?

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Given the animosity toward Musk that a significant percentage of the users and advertisers have, I wonder if Jack Dorsey could easily spin up a Twitter clone (or as near to such that IP laws would allow), and walk most of the business over to that. Of course I have no idea what kind of non-compete was in Musk's purchase agreement for Twitter, or if Dorsey was a party to that.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I thought Dorsey still held a stake in Twitter

Posts: 53080 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post