SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Leftists are the same the world over- whatever they are doing, they accuse their enemies of doing. For example- they seek to suppress speech for anyone with whom they do not agree, and while doing this, they accuse their enemies of seeking to suppress free speech.

This behavior is predictable because leftists engage in it non-stop. The do it consciously and they do it so reflexively that at times they are doing it without realizing it. Anyone who blasphemes against the Church of the Leftist is a heretic and must be destroyed, and they will use whatever methods work for them. Integrity and honesty- these are archaic concepts to leftists, and that silly stuff just gets in the way. Whatever means brings them to the result they demand, they will employ. These people are completely without a moral foundation.

Hence the preposterous, entirely false claims by this Lorenz half-wit, expressed in breathless, disaster-is-upon-us terms.

I have bad news for you, Taylor- it's not working and it's not going to work. As a matter of fact, the more you spew your lies, the more people will see you for what you are.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

DAMN!!! I wish I could think that clearly and state my position in the pure matter-of-fact way this dude does!!

p.s. The cat is HILARIOUS!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s a glorious thing to watch it sink in for them that their censorship and silencing of conservative voices game is over on Twitter and the panic is setting in.

As the wise paper company whiz kid Michael Scott once said:

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's not going to happen because they know better. It would be a disaster for Apple and Google to pull such a stunt.

This x 100

Not only would it be a PR disaster for them it would not accomplish anything. Twitter would just offer the app from their website for users to sideload onto their phones. And there are other app stores out the like the Amazon app store and other 3rd party stores.
Even easier, nobody needs an app to use Twitter. Just use your phone’s browser.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
It's not going to happen because they know better. It would be a disaster for Apple and Google to pull such a stunt.

This x 100

Not only would it be a PR disaster for them it would not accomplish anything. Twitter would just offer the app from their website for users to sideload onto their phones. And there are other app stores out the like the Amazon app store and other 3rd party stores.
Even easier, nobody needs an app to use Twitter. Just use your phone’s browser.

Did not know that. I have never used twitter, but I have been considering it since Musk made it entertaining.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind- this is just the first 30 days of Musk's ownership. Imagine that which is to come.

In, say, six months, when the Twitter app is functioning as well as it ever has and when this predicted "collapse" of the app now that most of the staff have left or been laid off or fired, never materializes, what are they going to say? They'll try to do what they always try to do- sweep their false claims and incorrect predictions under the rug.

When all those banned accounts are reinstated and Twitter doesn't devolve into a "hellscape" Roll Eyes what are they going to say? Same old, same old, and then they'll move onto yet another false accusation and another prediction which never comes true.

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Elon commented just the other day that Twitter is seeing record activity, breaking records daily.

Guess the haters gonna have to try harder if they want to kill it off.

He was giving praise to the employees for keeping it up and running smoothly despite the tremendous demand.

Traffic drives advertisers... all the threats of leaving advertisers will likely not be an issue.

And this recent twit....

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a competitor to the 1400 dollar chinese phones. A little competition can do wonders.

Posts: 2761 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now that is real "fuck you" money.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He should make his own late disco era mens cologne.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Musk musk pour homme

posted Hide Post
Imagine Musk building his own phone with a chip to directly link to StarLink, and Musk shutting down StarLink to all other users of phones except his. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Musk musk pour homme

Or perhaps “pour le vrai homme”? Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Soy boys need not apply. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I like Musk's mentality. He doesn't let the nattering nabobs of negativism discourage him. To the contrary, their gnashing moves him to innovate. That innovation tends to rub their noses in excrement. That makes me smile. I have little doubt Elon will dismantle the parts of Twitter that are broken and reassemble it into a profit bearing vehicle. That makes me smile too.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I look forward to the release of the records showing criminality
In Twitter suppressing conservatives in the lead up to the 2020 election.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
nattering nabobs

^^^^^^^^^^
You channeling Spiro Agnew?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I know there is a bit of "never tell Elon what he can't do" thing, but there is already a major shortage of components, fab, and factory space.

Suppliers know who the players are, and where their bread is buttered. Sure, maybe he could re-badge a third party android knock-off. But it'll suck just like all the other Chinese shit.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
Alyssa Milano stands up to hate and white supremacy by trading her Tesla on a Volkswagen. Instantly gets schooled on Twitter. Liberal stupidity is second to none.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...swagen-founded-nazis

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Der People's Car