SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sclass:
Alyssa Milano stands up to hate and white supremacy by trading her Tesla on a Volkswagen. Instantly gets schooled on Twitter. Liberal stupidity is second to none.

I don't care for her, but she's on the right track. Now, she needs to trade the VW EV in for a VW ICE that gets 40+ mpg, and she'll be on the right train.

Factoring in the real costs - rebates (your tax dollars buying feel-good idiocy for rich people), creating the batteries using slave labor, disposing of the exhausted batteries - almost any decent ICE vehicle is a better deal than almost any EV.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2105 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
The VW Beetle was designed for Hitler's approval as a "people's car". It was air cooled to eliminate the possibility of frozen coolant, and rear engine rear wheel drive for weight over the rear wheels resulting in increaed traction - all due to climb up to high altitudes in the mountains.

That the hippies loved the Beetle while calling others "facists" is one of history's great ironies.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A rock is ten times smarter than that filthy Hollywood whore. Lol.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My dad had a forest green Beetle when I was a kid in the 70’s, and a friend still had a convertible when I was in college in the mid 80’s. Underpowered but the dam things were unstoppable in the snow.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sclass:
Alyssa Milano stands up to hate and white supremacy ....

Oh, everyone makes mistakes. Maybe she has learned her lesson and will turn in the VW for a Fiat being how she is of Italian heritage and the Italians never supported Fascism or military aggression and subjugation against “people of color”:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

https://www.britannica.com/bio...ustrialist-1866-1945

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Italo-Ethiopian_War

Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I still can’t understand how the Italians ever became Fascists…

Posts: 5909 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
A rock is ten times smarter than that filthy Hollywood whore. Lol.

She's a classic definition of bimbo, just a complete moron.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

Same reason any nation turned to fascism... In the midst of crippling economic instability and societal discontent, the fascists gave them someone to blame, a figurehead to look up to, and promises of a better tomorrow.

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

Same reason any nation turned to fascism... In the midst of crippling economic instability and societal discontent, the fascists gave them someone to blame, a figurehead to look up to, and promises of a better tomorrow.

Hitler provided the concept of racial superiority as the icing on the apfelkuchen.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not to mention also the dumb twit going on Twitter, to complain about Twitter

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Hitler provided the concept of racial superiority as the icing on the apfelkuchen.

Even the Italian Fascists the predated the Nazis had a strong racial component to their rhetoric, playing up the superiority of the white Italian people compared to the "inferior races" elsewhere in the regions that they deemed to be their birthright (including Africans, as well as the Slavs in the Balkans), as well as being the direct descendants/inheritors of the glorious Roman Empire.

Mussolini himself routinely referred to the Italians as Aryans, and railed against the Jewish Bolsheviks and Jewish plutocrats. This all began in the late 1910s and early 1920s, years before even Hitler started his rise.

So the marriage of fascism and racial superiority (and specifically antisemitism) wasn't exclusive to the Nazis, being present in the Italian fascists at least a decade before the Nazis came to power.

Much of what Hitler and the Nazis did, especially in the formative years of their movement and message, was copied in some form or fashion from Mussolini and the Italian fascists.

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Even the Italian Fascists the predated the Nazis had a strong racial component to their rhetoric, playing up the superiority of the white Italian people compared to the "inferior races" elsewhere in the regions that they deemed to be their birthright (including Africans, as well as the Slavs in the Balkans), as well as being the direct descendants of the Roman Empire.

And don’t even get started about the Japanese, not to mention the Chinese.

The belief that the “we” are superior on some so-called racial basis to any “other” group is practically universal among human groups—and for understandable evolutionary and social reasons. When the differences are obvious such as skin hue or religious practices, then the distinctions are easy to make, but they’re not necessary. “We left river bank inhabitants are obviously superior to those right river bank inhabitants.”

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
via Twitter, an article from 2018:

VW condemned for testing diesel fumes on humans and monkeys

...and then, there's dieselgate

You sure picked a winner there, Alyssa, ya freakin' imbecile.

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
The German, Japanese, and Italians are all bad. We already know she hates America, so GM and Ford are out. The only auto makers that will pass this "Purity Test" are the Korean brands.

Get yourself a Hyundai iRonic, Alyssa. Razz

Posts: 2704 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Before it became super trendy to hate on Elon Musk, Alyssa Milano apparently was one of his biggest suck-up fans:

Roll Eyes

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The top left post - does she get a kickback for each person that orders a Tesla using the link she posted?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13086 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Why does anyone even care what a former teen celebrity thinks?

The best thing about COVID was the vapid hollywood narcissists having to stay home and out of the limelight. And after a couple years, seems many forget about them and don't care much anymore. Witness Madonna and other 60-something has-beens posting "nude" photos on social media. Grasping for attention.

Give them none, and let them self destruct.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk continues to amaze, entertain, and trigger.

Check ANY news source today for the story and pic of the two “guns” on his nightstand. Left is triggered as expected. Joke is on them, it’s a flintlock and a fake gamer sci-fi revolver model that doesn’t even have a trigger

Big Grin

Good info on the “guns” here:

https://freerangeamerican.us/e...-guns-bedside-table/

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11220 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They have no clue how hard they are being trolled.

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post