SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Given the animosity toward Musk that a significant percentage of the users and advertisers have, I wonder if Jack Dorsey could easily spin up a Twitter clone (or as near to such that IP laws would allow), and walk most of the business over to that. Of course I have no idea what kind of non-compete was in Musk's purchase agreement for Twitter, or if Dorsey was a party to that.

I doubt he would be able to offer a competitive option. Keep in mind that under his "guidance" 8,000+ woke idiots were doing the work of 50 competent people.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
Keep in mind that under his "guidance" 8,000+ woke idiots were doing the work of 50 competent people.
Damn if it ain't the truth Smile

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Plus Dorsey was fleecing his advertisers by his inflated member numbers when the vast majority of those were Dorsey's bots. He will have a difficult time getting advertisers to write him big checks now. Musk exposed all of that and effectively neutered Dorsey for anything going forward. Musk knew exactly what he was doing.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Interesting twist. I seem to recall conservatives being upset with being banned or censored on big platforms and looked to move to their own, most of which were shut down buy people refusing to host server space.

Now here we are, on the other side and it's all ok??

Is Elon censoring liberals or banning his political rivals? I don’t think he is, and I don’t see any posts celebrating him doing so. We aren’t on the other side as you say, because Elon is not doing what the leftist owners before him did. He’s letting the left destroy themselves and we are enjoying the meltdown.

But if he was doing it I’d say the same thing I said when Twitter was banning conservatives, that it’s their company and they can do as they please. If I like things a company does I support them, if I don’t like what they do I don’t support them. That doesn’t make me a hypocrite because in both cases I support their right to do so.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another reason why Elon purchased Twitter is for FREE advertising for Tesla and SpaceX. Just my opinion. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
One of the many leftist douchebags who SWORE they were deleting their account…LOL

I'm torn on this topic.
I would have been all for DJT sending Ryder moving vans and parking them out in front of the houses of all the actors that said they were moving to Canada if DJT got elected.

I'm all for Musk coming out and saying "oh, you wanted to delete your account and haven't gotten around to it yet, I'll do it for you!"
But the comedic gold of them getting digitally pimp slapped by Musk at this point outweighs deleting them.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Is Elon censoring liberals or banning his political rivals? I don’t think he is, ...
Not so far as I've been able to tell.

Of course: When one of them goes off the reservation (and, being leftists, they do tend to do that) and gets their hand slapped, of course they claim they're being persecuted because of their political or social views.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Interesting twist. I seem to recall conservatives being upset with being banned or censored on big platforms and looked to move to their own, most of which were shut down buy people refusing to host server space.

Now here we are, on the other side and it's all ok??

Is Elon censoring liberals or banning his political rivals? I don’t think he is, and I don’t see any posts celebrating him doing so. We aren’t on the other side as you say, because Elon is not doing what the leftist owners before him did. He’s letting the left destroy themselves and we are enjoying the meltdown.

I'm pretty sure 'Rightwire' is referring to what's going on over at Mastodon, where leftist journalists are experiencing mass-blocking of their content/servers, which is apparently the way things 'can' and sometimes do operate on that platform, and the fact that we're reveling in it!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Musk took Twitter private. He owns the whole thing.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I thought Dorsey still held a stake in Twitter

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Plus Dorsey was fleecing his advertisers by his inflated member numbers when the vast majority of those were Dorsey's bots. He will have a difficult time getting advertisers to write him big checks now. Musk exposed all of that and effectively neutered Dorsey for anything going forward. Musk knew exactly what he was doing.

During Musk's first week of ownership, when he revealed layoffs were in the plans, Dorsey all but admitted that layoffs were going to have to happen and the model he and his cronies had created was unsustainable. From inflated member numbers, bilking advertisers who didn't do any due diligence, to numerous useless employees contributing very little to the company, it was going to crash sooner rather than later. Even before this move, Dorsey was pre-occupied with his other company Square (point-of-sale transactions) now known as Block. I would be surprised if he gets heavily involved in financing, rivaling the big banks and creating a 'woke' financial institution.
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Musk took Twitter private. He owns the whole thing.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I thought Dorsey still held a stake in Twitter

Not quite
https://www.businessinsider.co...itter-shares-2022-10

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Musk teases releasing details of Twitter censoring Hunter Biden's laptop: 'Necessary to restore public trust'

"Take a good look at 'em, Raymond, look at 'em, and while you're looking, listen. This is me, Marco, talking. Fifty-two red queens and me are telling you- you know what we're telling you? It's over! The links, the beautifully conditioned links are smashed. They're smashed as of now because we say so, because we say they are to be smashed. We're busting up the joint, we're tearing out all the wires. We're busting it up so good all the queen's horses and all the queen's men will never put old Raymond back together again. You don't work any more! That's an order."

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I saw something today where Elon musk alluded to it being far, far worse than he had ever imagined as far as all the censorship and squashing of conservative voices, I wonder if he is getting ready to open this thing up wide and expose all of these people from the top down who were involved in this.

I’ll bet you $1 million he will, and I’ll also bet you that it’s names that we are all very familiar with, not just a bunch of worker bees there.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Musk is gonna’ burn the disinformation machine to the ground. The MSM can either get on board with the truth or go down in flames. I prefer them to double down and burn along with the Biden crime family, and all the leftist trash he represents.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I saw something today where Elon musk alluded to it being far, far worse than he had ever imagined as far as all the censorship and squashing of conservative voices, I wonder if he is getting ready to open this thing up wide and expose all of these people from the top down who were involved in this.

I’ll bet you $1 million he will, and I’ll also bet you that it’s names that we are all very familiar with, not just a bunch of worker bees there.

Hopefully he's got protection from the Clintons

The amount of coverage he'll get for Twitter will be amazing, you can't buy that kind of advertising money from exposing this...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Elon Musk knows what he's doing at Twitter, and it's making activist journalists panic
Reports of Twitter's death appear to have been exaggerated

Opinion by Joe Concha | Fox News

When it comes to coverage of the Elon Musk Twitter era, the headlines have ranged from hysterical to unhinged.

The New York Times: Chaos on Twitter Leads a Group of Journalists to Start an Alternative; Journa.host promises to be a new "reliable home for journalists."

CBS News: #RIP Twitter: Memes fly as users speculate on whether Twitter will live or die

Politico: Elon Musk's clever plan to destroy Twitter and save us all

There are dozens of other examples, but you get the point: Many "journalists" are not happy that Musk has decided to overhaul the dysfunctional hellscape that is Twitter.
Full story: Elon Musk knows what he's doing at Twitter, and it's making activist journalists panic

I'd get a blue check, myself, to support Musk's Twitter and because people like me having blue checks annoys the leftist elites, but you have to use a mobile app to do that, and I won't have a social media app on my mobile devices.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Elon says he will make his own phone if booted from the App Store. So I guess the Tesla phone rumor isn’t real but it could be.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/te...le-google-app-stores

I’ll paste the article once I’m at a computer and not my phone.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not going to happen because they know better. It would be a disaster for Apple and Google to pull such a stunt.

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's not going to happen because they know better. It would be a disaster for Apple and Google to pull such a stunt.

This x 100

Not only would it be a PR disaster for them it would not accomplish anything. Twitter would just offer the app from their website for users to sideload onto their phones. And there are other app stores out the like the Amazon app store and other 3rd party stores.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post