SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Does Musk have any recourse for Twitter committing fraud on the buyout?

The courts.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
If all this suppressed information comes out, this may be the best investment of all time.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Forgive me, but I don't quite understand. Baker was a Twitter employee?

Yes, he was hired by Twitter to serve as Deputy General Council and held a title as V.P in mid 2020, oddly right before the election, previously at the FBI as head general council. Baker and Vijaya Gadde worked closely together on suppressing information and allowing content that fit the Democrat agenda.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roger that, Jefe.

The same criminal (IMO) ex-FBI lawyer deep in bed with Russiacollusiongate, Clinton’s illegal server and accounts, Ukraine allegations, and more.

That motherfucker should have been terminated for cause and legal canon of ethics violations investigated via the state and federal bars.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Yes, he was hired by Twitter to serve as Deputy General Council and held a title as V.P in mid 2020, oddly right before the election, previously at the FBI as head general council. Baker and Vijaya Gadde worked closely together on suppressing information and allowing content that fit the Democrat agenda.

Well I suppose it beat a televangelism gig....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
I hope someone responsible goes over what james baker reviewed, released / didn't release.

I’m sure that’s happening now. This whole thing is so sordid. I wonder what we’ll know six months or a year from now.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Roger that, Jefe.

The same criminal (IMO) ex-FBI lawyer deep in bed with Russiacollusiongate, Clinton’s illegal server and accounts, Ukraine allegations, and more.

That motherfucker should have been terminated for cause and legal canon of ethics violations investigated via the state and federal bars.

Twitter knew exactly who they were hiring, they knew what he could bring to Twitter right before the election.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Not only that lying scumbag Jim Baker, who argued for the phony FISA warrant on Russiagate.

Also Anthony Fauci’s daughter was there as well.

This is just the first layer…

The question is where have all those people gone and what are they doing now?

And this “censorship” is across all social media of any import.

It’s also the entire news media of the USA batting for one, corrupt belief system and the machinations of same.

Furthermore, our federal agencies are now pointed at us. Every day … look to who is being convicted of FARA violations right now. (Certainly not the number one corrupt “lobbyist” Hunter Biden. Not even SBF “on apology tour” mini-Madoff is in jail after -$8B theft.)

You have that totalitarian crazy bitch Ms. Gadde at CISA now … the new ministry of truth.

They won’t stop just cuz you caught them and then call ‘em hypocrites.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

You have that totalitarian crazy bitch Ms. Gadde at CISA now … the new ministry of truth.

She's been there since 2021 while still working at Twitter.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they take care of their own don’t they?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

Can I make a few suggestions on where to start?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
if you fire half the workers, you must not need so many janitors. So:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-twitter-hq-n2616899

A representative from SEIU Local 87 told the New Republic that 20 janitors were told on Friday that they were fired with no notice

By Monday, the union organized a strike with the rest of the janitors against the firings, saying the company was violating local cleaning regulations.

On Tuesday, Twitter cancelled the contract with the janitors

The unemployed janitors are protesting in front of Twitter headquarters while holding signs that read “proud to be union” and “justice for janitors."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...nion-janitors-strike

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the SF mayor will intervene. Did Musk check their immigration status?. I bet London Breed will come to the rescue.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
if you fire half the workers, you must not need so many janitors. So:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-twitter-hq-n2616899

A representative from SEIU Local 87 told the New Republic that 20 janitors were told on Friday that they were fired with no notice

By Monday, the union organized a strike with the rest of the janitors against the firings, saying the company was violating local cleaning regulations.

On Tuesday, Twitter cancelled the contract with the janitors

The unemployed janitors are protesting in front of Twitter headquarters while holding signs that read “proud to be union” and “justice for janitors."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...nion-janitors-strike

It's interesting how this was presented as "Musk fires janitors without notice". If in fact these people worked for a contracted cleaning company (as some sources imply) all Twitter has to do is cancel the contract. It's up to the contractor how the individual employees are handled. The Musk-as-villain makes a better sound bite.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Just another smear campaign. You can bet that if Musk wanted to cancel the contract, it was because it was wastage- bleeding money.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The Twitter files continue… Bari Weiss is sending sequential tweets with Twitter files, indicative/proof of shadow-banning many medical experts and other true but “off message” tweets (key conservatives).

~Robert A. Heinlein

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Roger that, Jefe.

Just to be clear, this James Baker was a former top FBI lawyer who was then hired as Twitter's deputy general counsel. He was actively involved in "curating" posts. He was fired from hiding or suppressing the latest tweet revelations about suppression.

He's not to be confused with James Baker who served as Reagan's chief of staff.

It's a similar confusion in AZ talking about Bill Gates being in the election process but it's not the Bill Gates of Microsoft.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19649 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Twatter Files Part Tres; dropping right now.

~Robert A. Heinlein